Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: YFull verifies that earliest offshoot of I-l161 is Polish

  1. #1
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    2,718
    Sex

    YFull verifies that earliest offshoot of I-l161 is Polish

    The new version of YFull's I-L161 haplotree clearly verifies that the earliest offshoot of L161 lacks the S2639 SNP. Both samples of this early offshoot belong to a single Polish surname. The early offshoot clade has been named I-Y13330. It branched off roughly 6800 years ago.
    Last edited by lgmayka; 03-28-2015 at 08:41 PM.

  2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lgmayka For This Useful Post:

     Jean M (03-28-2015),  paulgill (08-08-2015),  R.Rocca (08-08-2015),  RCO (03-28-2015),  Tomenable (12-30-2015),  Volat (08-13-2015)

  3. #2
    Registered Users
    Posts
    4
    Sex
    Omitted

    The two samples belong to the same family name . They also are L1498- and PF4135- at the I2a project https://www.familytreedna.com/public...ction=yresults . This tells me that the others mentioned within this group at the I2a project will be the same .
    These other names come from Spain Germany Bulgaria England
    My guess is that I-Y13330 is the same as L1498- and PF4135-.
    What this suggests is that we are not sure where I-Y13330 originated . I have a file with some from Italy Turkey also .
    Last edited by Mul; 06-07-2015 at 09:14 PM.

  4. #3
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    2,718
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Mul View Post
    They also are L1498- and PF4135- at the I2a project https://www.familytreedna.com/public...ction=yresults . This tells me that the others mentioned within this group at the I2a project will be the same .
    That doesn't follow. The real question is whether the others are positive or negative at S2639.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mul View Post
    I have a file with some from Italy Turkey also.
    These are known to be L1498- PF4135- ? Can you persuade them to order the Big Y, or at least to test S2639 ?

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to lgmayka For This Useful Post:

     paulgill (08-08-2015)

  6. #4
    Registered Users
    Posts
    351
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    mtDNA (M)
    T2

    Bulgaria
    The 3 Bulgarian Turks L161 have an origin from Komuniga, East Rhodope mountains. Now a YSEQ STR test has revealed a Pomak(Bulgarian Muslim) from South West Rhodope mountains belonging to the same cluster.
    http://dna.kumbarov.com/

    The Turks were tested as L161+, L1498- only, but I hear that the Pomak will order the YSEQ I2 downstream. Then we will now if they are Y13338+ and belong to the same branch as the Poles. For now an autochthonous Thracian origin is suggested, but could it be a Slavic connection?
    Anyway, these are not descendants of Crusaders or Saxon miner as used to be the explanation for old I2b1, for example.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eastara For This Useful Post:

     lgmayka (08-08-2015),  paulgill (08-08-2015)

  8. #5
    Registered Users
    Posts
    304
    Sex

    eastara:"For now an autochthonous Thracian origin is suggested..."

    Is there any autochtonus Thracian aDNA?

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to gravetti For This Useful Post:

     paulgill (08-08-2015)

  10. #6
    Registered Users
    Posts
    351
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    mtDNA (M)
    T2

    Bulgaria
    There were several old Thracians from Bulgarian territory tested, but unfortunately no Y haplogroups were reported, only mtDNA and low covarage autosomal DNA.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to eastara For This Useful Post:

     Tomenable (12-30-2015)

  12. #7
    Banned
    Posts
    4,169
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Nationality
    N/A
    Y-DNA (P)
    I2a1-L621- PH 908
    mtDNA (M)
    H 47

    Many more are on the way, including the famous cemetery from Varna (although it's Copper Age, thus not really "Thracian").

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gravetto-Danubian For This Useful Post:

     Tomenable (12-30-2015)

  14. #8
    Registered Users
    Posts
    351
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    mtDNA (M)
    T2

    Bulgaria
    I hope so, I also heard Haak and his team are preparing a new study with more samples form the Balkans, including Greece.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to eastara For This Useful Post:

     Joe B (08-08-2015)

  16. #9
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,103
    Sex
    Omitted

    Quote Originally Posted by eastara View Post
    There were several old Thracians from Bulgarian territory tested, but unfortunately no Y haplogroups were reported, only mtDNA and low covarage autosomal DNA.
    I fairy remember someone analyzing the raw data and getting the y-dna that way. This is the same study with specimens P192.1 and T2g2 right? I remember 1 was H2, another was E, I think one might have been female, and the last G/I.

  17. #10
    Registered Users
    Posts
    247
    Sex
    Omitted

    Quote Originally Posted by eastara View Post
    The 3 Bulgarian Turks L161 have an origin from Komuniga, East Rhodope mountains. Now a YSEQ STR test has revealed a Pomak(Bulgarian Muslim) from South West Rhodope mountains belonging to the same cluster.
    http://dna.kumbarov.com/

    The Turks were tested as L161+, L1498- only, but I hear that the Pomak will order the YSEQ I2 downstream. Then we will now if they are Y13338+ and belong to the same branch as the Poles. For now an autochthonous Thracian origin is suggested, but could it be a Slavic connection?
    Anyway, these are not descendants of Crusaders or Saxon miner as used to be the explanation for old I2b1, for example.
    This is YSEQ kit 1384 and I am the owner of it. I would like to thank eastara for donating funds for testing this kit deeper. Expect the results in the Haplogroup I2a group: https://www.yseq.net/group_alleles.php?gid=80

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to brygian For This Useful Post:

     Joe B (08-08-2015)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. When did Loschbour L161- flip to L161+
    By L161-d99 in forum I2-M438
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-30-2018, 08:47 AM
  2. Gedmatch genesis - Polish/Estonian Polish matches
    By firemonkey in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-29-2017, 07:10 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-06-2016, 07:50 PM
  4. Earliest R-Z284 offshoot is Polish?
    By lgmayka in forum R1a-Z283
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-04-2016, 04:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •