Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: FGC11986

  1. #1
    Registered Users
    Posts
    25
    Sex
    Omitted

    FGC11986

    Gray, FTDNA Kit #b6655 confirmed positive by FTDNA SNP testing as positive for FGC11986.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danieldgray For This Useful Post:

     seferhabahir (04-11-2015),  Táltos (12-23-2015)

  3. #2
    Registered Users
    Posts
    338
    Sex
    Location
    The Salish Sea
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi Levite
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z251 (FGC11963+)
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c7a1a

    Quote Originally Posted by danieldgray View Post
    Gray, FTDNA Kit #b6655 confirmed positive by FTDNA SNP testing as positive for FGC11986.
    It looks now like FG11986 is quite old and might be a very large part of S9294. Your STR markers have a lot of off-modal values that are not share by others and so you seem quite separated from the rest of the FGC11986 pack. This sort of confirms my belief that FGC11986, S9294, S11556, and Z251 are very old and maybe near the beginning of the spread of L21 and DF13.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seferhabahir For This Useful Post:

     Agamemnon (04-11-2015),  Táltos (12-23-2015)

  5. #3
    Registered Users
    Posts
    25
    Sex
    Omitted

    Quote Originally Posted by seferhabahir View Post
    It looks now like FG11986 is quite old and might be a very large part of S9294. Your STR markers have a lot of off-modal values that are not share by others and so you seem quite separated from the rest of the FGC11986 pack. This sort of confirms my belief that FGC11986, S9294, S11556, and Z251 are very old and maybe near the beginning of the spread of L21 and DF13.
    It would be helpful to find other FGC11986 with similar markers. Unfortunately, there are very few others with similar markers in all of L21, let alone FGC11986. i have noticed a cluster of 393=14 in the Gray Surname project. I have also been in touch with a Patterson descending from Northumberland, UK with very similar markers. I have been encouraging these individuals to test for Z251.

    The documentary evidence suggests that my line of Grays is tied to the Gray family that settled in Plymouth and Yarmouth, MA in the 1600s. This family supposedly came from Harwich, England and Chillingham Northumberland. This history may explain a possible tie to a Patterson from Northumberland. This is the Gray family that is said to be closely tied to the Royal family (e.g. Lady Jane Gray Queen of England for 9 days, The Marquis of Dorset, Grays Thurrock, Grays Inn, etc.). The patriarch of this family is said to have been related to William the Conqueror and come to the UK from Normandy France along with with William the Conqueror. The history indicates this family originally descends from Scandanavia.

  6. #4
    Registered Users
    Posts
    19
    Sex
    Location
    Australia
    Ethnicity
    Cornish
    Nationality
    Australian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z16943*

    Quote Originally Posted by danieldgray View Post
    It would be helpful to find other FGC11986 with similar markers. Unfortunately, there are very few others with similar markers in all of L21, let alone FGC11986. i have noticed a cluster of 393=14 in the Gray Surname project. I have also been in touch with a Patterson descending from Northumberland, UK with very similar markers. I have been encouraging these individuals to test for Z251.

    The documentary evidence suggests that my line of Grays is tied to the Gray family that settled in Plymouth and Yarmouth, MA in the 1600s. This family supposedly came from Harwich, England and Chillingham Northumberland. This history may explain a possible tie to a Patterson from Northumberland. This is the Gray family that is said to be closely tied to the Royal family (e.g. Lady Jane Gray Queen of England for 9 days, The Marquis of Dorset, Grays Thurrock, Grays Inn, etc.). The patriarch of this family is said to have been related to William the Conqueror and come to the UK from Normandy France along with with William the Conqueror. The history indicates this family originally descends from Scandanavia.
    This is a very interesting development. I note that the marker S11556 has a heap of Scottish members. Danish Vikings have spread DNA in Normandy and Scotland and probably elsewhere as well. It will be interesting when the Y DNA from William the Conqueror's relatives is tested. I suspect they will be S11556 as well.

  7. #5
    Registered Users
    Posts
    25
    Sex
    Omitted

    Ytree.net has a new entry for sample that ties back to a Joseph Watty of Cornwall b. 1680 that shares a unique SNP with a sample from a Watt from Fifeshire Scottland. I find it interesting that one of the tribes of Cornwall was known as Belgae who are said to have come from Belgia Gaul. Also interesting that the Cornvii associated with Cornwall share te same name as the Cornvii of Caithness.

  8. #6
    Registered Users
    Posts
    19
    Sex
    Location
    Australia
    Ethnicity
    Cornish
    Nationality
    Australian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z16943*

    Thanks Daniel. That makes two persons we know who are Z251 in Cornwall. Watty(e) was a common name around the Meneage Peninsula where my family lived.

  9. #7
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    1,344
    Sex
    Location
    California
    Ethnicity
    British-Scandinavian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF99
    mtDNA (M)
    J2a1a

    England Denmark Wales Scotland Sweden
    My cousin, representing my maternal grandfather's line, recently tested positive for FGC11986 in the FTDNA L21 pack. The family was in Staffordshire for at least a couple of centuries, but there is a hint they originally may have come from Yorkshire.

  10. #8
    Registered Users
    Posts
    25
    Sex
    Omitted

    The z251 project now includes Gram from Tonder County, Denmark under FGC11986 and Elster from Hattorf Germany under s9294. Joseph Watty's descendants went from Cornwall to Hamburg, Germany, perhaps suggesting a previous connection to a Germanic speaking people.

  11. #9
    Registered Users
    Posts
    25
    Sex
    Omitted

    I noticed your message after I posted mine. What is the surname for your maternal grandfather?

  12. #10
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    1,344
    Sex
    Location
    California
    Ethnicity
    British-Scandinavian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF99
    mtDNA (M)
    J2a1a

    England Denmark Wales Scotland Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by danieldgray View Post
    I noticed your message after I posted mine. What is the surname for your maternal grandfather?
    I will respond by PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •