Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    I2a1c
    mtDNA (M)
    J2a1

Italy England North of England United States of America

8.2 CM MATCH

This to me is very interesting. I'm trying to dig into the situation more, but as it stands, on my Paternal side (100% English), I have an Autosomal 8.2 CM Match on one Segment to a person in Jutland. All of my Paper Trail ancestry is Paternally English, and all of the Jutish Match Paper Trail ancestry is local. Is it possible for an 8.2 CM Match of one Segment from common shared ancestry to really carry over all that time, for instance, between the Anglo-Saxon migrations to Britain to 2015?
    Paternal Haplogroup: I2a1c (Ancestor: Albert I Lee (Family surname was "Brooks" prior to the British-Boer War II) / Born: 1900-Middlesbrough Yorkshire, England)

Maternal Haplogroup: J2a1 (Ancestor: Maria B. Cavallini / Born: 1893-Livorno, Tuscany, Italy)

Places Of Ancestry: Yorkshire, England/ Durham, England/ Lancashire, England/ Abruzzo, Italy/ Campania, Italy/ Tuscany, Italy

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italian & English
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    I2a1c
    mtDNA (M)
    J2a1

Italy England North of England United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by Barellalee View Post
    This to me is very interesting. I'm trying to dig into the situation more, but as it stands, on my Paternal side (100% English), I have an Autosomal 8.2 CM Match on one Segment to a person in Jutland. All of my Paper Trail ancestry is Paternally English, and all of the Jutish Match Paper Trail ancestry is local. Is it possible for an 8.2 CM Match of one Segment from common shared ancestry to really carry over all that time, for instance, between the Anglo-Saxon migrations to Britain to 2015?
    Also, I do know, for instance, that at least some of my English ancestry is of Anglo-Saxon origins. The truths of this are that large Autosomal Chromosome Arms (Paternal) assigned as "French/German" on 23andMe, have a best Eurogenes K36 Reference on GEDmatch of Hinxton 2 (Anglo-Saxon Sample), as well as the fact that my Y-DNA Haplogroup is the L233, TMRCA Dated between 3,000 YBP - 1,500 YBP in the Continental NW European North Sea/Baltic region.
    Paternal Haplogroup: I2a1c (Ancestor: Albert I Lee (Family surname was "Brooks" prior to the British-Boer War II) / Born: 1900-Middlesbrough Yorkshire, England)

Maternal Haplogroup: J2a1 (Ancestor: Maria B. Cavallini / Born: 1893-Livorno, Tuscany, Italy)

Places Of Ancestry: Yorkshire, England/ Durham, England/ Lancashire, England/ Abruzzo, Italy/ Campania, Italy/ Tuscany, Italy