Thread: Anxiety: Foods That Help, Foods That Hurt

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

Anxiety: Foods That Help, Foods That Hurt

Good-for-you foods that boost mood are whole foods, many rich in serotonin and B vitamins. If you're struggling with anxiety and stress, consider skipping sugar, caffeine, and alcohol all substances that can worsen your outlook.
    Source: http://www.everydayhealth.com/anxiet....aspx#/slide-1

2. The Following User Says Thank You to apophis99942 For This Useful Post:

Scarlet Ibis (11-11-2012)

Administrator
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2a*-M124 (L295-)
    mtDNA (M)
    D4j5*

The key to healthy eating is avoiding foods which "tax" the body physiologically.

Processed sugar and caffeine are both stimulants, so the connection is obvious there.

Alcohol is a nervous system depressant as well as a potent neurotoxin. It also messes with numerous receptors in the body and is directly toxic to the male testes. So, in the case of alcohol, we're looking at a physiological stressor.

On top of that I'd also add that MSG-rich foods should be completely cut out of one's diet ideally and grains not consumed in excess. Both of these can lead to inflammation of one's intestines, making them bloated and lethargic.

Of course, it is easier said than done. I'm finding it difficult to completely eradicate caffeine from my diet for health reasons, but have settled on a decent 20ug/day value (two green tea bags).

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DMXX For This Useful Post:

apophis99942 (11-12-2012),  Scarlet Ibis (11-11-2012)