Sex
    Nationality
    Australian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L658
    mtDNA (M)
    U6a2a

Australia Ireland Scotland United Nations
    FGC3213 has now grown considerably on FTDNA 's Y-haplotree. Especially the section spanned by the Little Scots Cluster, who have done a considerable amount of NGS testing.

I have placed S5456 under FGC3213, same as shown of Alex's Big Tree at www.ytree.net

Although P314 has been the exclusive focus of this thread titled "FGC3213", P314 testing by NGS appears underdone by comparison. Except for the L362 McCarthys, who can now identify branches of their clan by SNP markers. The SNP branching matches their pedigree. Nice when that happens! But you have to put the work in.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Northern European
    Nationality
    German American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z16526
    mtDNA (M)
    J1b1a

Germany Sweden Norway Denmark Netherlands Switzerland
    This mean anything for me?
    Tests Taken

L21+, P312+, DF13+, DF21+, FGC3213+, Z246-, L876-, DF41-, L144-, L159-, L193-, P314-, P66-, U106-, L226-, L96-, M222-, M37-

Banned
    Sex
    Nationality
    Australian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L658
    mtDNA (M)
    U6a2a

Australia Ireland Scotland United Nations
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    This mean anything for me?
    It could. It will have an immediate flow-on for those who have already tested positive for any of the SNPs newly added to the Y-haplotree. The reward for their efforts will be an imediate update to their haplogroup. If you have tested on past the barrier of your P314-, say testing positive through FTDNA for one of its alternatives, we could get that alternative SNP listed on the FTDNA Y-haplotree for you and then your haplogroup would also automatically update. If you tested positive for one of those through Yseq, FTDNA will have no visibility of that and your listed haplogroup at FTDNA would stay the same, but you would still know that it has actually moved downstream somewhat - useful information. The FGC3213 section of FTDNA's Y=haplotree now looks very much like it does on Alex's Big Tree at www.familytreedna.com except that Dr Jim Wilson's private SNPs are in Scotlandfs DNA database and only those that some FTDNA customer shares with Dr Wilson are in the FTDNA database and therefore on the FTDNA Y-haplotree.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Y - Munster Irish
    Y-DNA (P)
    CTS4466>...>Z16259

Ok, so I am negative for both of those..

Would this possibly mean that my ancestor was so far back in the FGC3213 tre=
    e that he could have been a continental Celt / Bell Beaker?
    Which ancestor are you talking about? The common ancestor you share with P314+ folk is crudely estimated as living about 3000 ybp (1000 B.C.), i.e later than the Bell Beaker culture era. This estimate is based on the number of post-DF21 STR mutations you appear to share with others who are P314+. (The implication is that P314 occurred still later than this). However, we'd have a better guess if we knew how many SNPs you shared with the P314+ folk, i.e one of your subgroup (yourself or one of the Griffith(s) etc.) took an NGS test. If there were the enthusiasm for it perhaps all could contribute to a single test, but so far attempts to communicate with these others have not suggested any such enthusiasm. The other alternative - testing the remaining shared (with P314+ folk) purported SNPs individually - is not practical as some are not suitable for Sanger Sequence testing, even if phylogenetically consistent in Big Y testing.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Northern European
    Nationality
    German American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z16526
    mtDNA (M)
    J1b1a

Just confirmed my direct male ancestor was born in Northern Lower Saxony in 1738 via DNA relative and ancestry records.

I am just going with the Cimbri tribe, no one knows if they were Germanic or Celtic or a mix.... kinda like me
    Tests Taken

L21+, P312+, DF13+, DF21+, FGC3213+, Z246-, L876-, DF41-, L144-, L159-, L193-, P314-, P66-, U106-, L226-, L96-, M222-, M37-

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reith For This Useful Post:

JRW (07-21-2016),  rms2 (07-18-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Northern European
    Nationality
    German American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z16526
    mtDNA (M)
    J1b1a

Just confirmed my direct male ancestor was born in Northern Lower Saxony in 1738 via DNA relative and ancestry records.

I am just going with the Cimbri tribe, no one knows if they were Germanic or Celtic or a mix.... kinda like me
    And now 1655, Johann Reith.....
    Tests Taken

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345