Thread: Looking for ASI

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27 FGC17112
    mtDNA
    H5a1

Looking for ASI

Okay, the K10, with about 2400 pops, found an Onge component, but it's less than half of what Zach's was. I am not sure if the SC Asian component is masking some, or not. I'll leave it up to you guys, as to what you want to see. Would you prefer a supervised run, with just the tribals? I can use Onge, Papuan, Atayal, EEF, Bedouin, ANE, WHG, as the components. What do you folks think?

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Chad Rohlfsen For This Useful Post:

Anglecynn (05-02-2015),  everest59 (05-03-2015),  fil (05-02-2015),  Jessie (05-03-2015),  jesus (05-02-2015),  Megalophias (05-02-2015),  MonkeyDLuffy (05-02-2015),  NK19191 (05-02-2015),  Sapporo (05-04-2015),  Sein (05-03-2015),  The Barnacle (05-02-2015),  Varun R (05-02-2015)

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Afghan
    Nationality
    Afghan
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    U2c

Afghanistan England AchaemenidEmpire1
    Go for it my man Chad!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to The Barnacle For This Useful Post:

Varun R (05-02-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27 FGC17112
    mtDNA
    H5a1

Now, here's the kicker. I know that Kostenki shows South Asian, and we see this WHG/UHG stuff in South Asia. Do I dare include him? Should I use a countermeasure, like Yamnaya, to make sure that he isn't soaking up ANI or Yamnaya? Or, I can use some other SC Asian pop as a reference (Kalash), although I really cringe at doing that. Perhaps, WHG will cover it just fine. Input is greatly appreciated!

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    L-SK1414
    mtDNA
    U8b1a1

African Union Ainu AchaemenidEmpire1 Kurdistan Star of David Dravida Nadu
    Try whatever comes to your mind and post the results that make the most sense. Having Onge and Papuan in the same tool is gonna show very interesting results. Try including Samaritans instead of Bedouins.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    South Asian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    J2b2* (J-M241)
    mtDNA
    M30b

United States of America Canada
    Try everything you can think of, time allowing. How about including distinct Southeast Asian and Northeast Asian populations if possible? There's probably a distinct modern Southeast Asian signal in India due to later migrations, especially among some tribal groups. In any case, if we have all three, then Southeast Asian in South Central Asia (Afghanistan, Pakistan, North/west India) would probably indicate something Siberian. I don't know why those signals sometimes overlap. But it's better than it going into Onge somehow (assuming it doesn't go into Onge in the first place).

Also, try to run the entire Gujarati (A, B, etc) set if you can, there's a lot of diversity in there.

I think Kalash will give you a lot of trouble, but it's worth a shot seeing how they come out and if they don't work and make their own component that no one else is a member of, discard them until another time when you have the time to mess with the dataset to get them to behave.
    Paternal - Y-DNA: J2b2* (J-M241) Z2432+ Z2433+ Y978+ (J-Y978*) (YFull: YF02959) (FTDNA Kit B6225), mtDNA: M18a (FTDNA Kit 329180)
    Maternal- Y-DNA: R1a1a1b2a1a* L657+ Y7+ (R-Y16494) (FTDNA Kit 311047), mtDNA: M30b (FTDNA Kit B6225) (Mother's Mother's Father: R1a1a1b2a1a* Y7+ (FTDNA Kit 329181))

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dr_McNinja For This Useful Post:

Chad Rohlfsen (05-02-2015),  fil (05-02-2015),  Jessie (05-03-2015),  jesus (05-02-2015),  NK19191 (05-02-2015),  Sein (05-03-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    L-M317

Cuba Vietnam
    While most of the genetician and researcher interested in South Asian or Steppe people why not there is an study on ancient Anatolians? We know that agriculture spread over the Europe and South Asia via Anatolia-Mesopotamia. (Am i wrong?) Archaeologist found the oldest tamples which is dated 10-11K ybp in Göbeklitepe. Many thing has begun in Fertile crescent. But in calculators most of the components divides near eastern into several pieces like East med/ West Asian or ENF/Caucasian/Gedrosia. I realy couldnt understand why Caucasia is so different then ENF? What we see is Caucasian component is dominant in ancient ruins where first agricaltural zones take place. Arent they which they brought agricalture to Europe? Then how can ENF can be different then Caucasia? And how can Cauciasia became diferent then Gedrosa in opposite direction.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anabasis For This Useful Post:

Asimakidis (11-09-2015),  Hanna (06-27-2016),  parasar (05-02-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27 FGC17112
    mtDNA
    H5a1

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_McNinja View Post
    Try everything you can think of, time allowing. How about including distinct Southeast Asian and Northeast Asian populations if possible? There's probably a distinct modern Southeast Asian signal in India due to later migrations, especially among some tribal groups. In any case, if we have all three, then Southeast Asian in South Central Asia (Afghanistan, Pakistan, North/west India) would probably indicate something Siberian. I don't know why those signals sometimes overlap. But it's better than it going into Onge somehow (assuming it doesn't go into Onge in the first place).

Also, try to run the entire Gujarati (A, B, etc) set if you can, there's a lot of diversity in there.

I think Kalash will give you a lot of trouble, but it's worth a shot seeing how they come out and if they don't work and make their own component that no one else is a member of, discard them until another time when you have the time to mess with the dataset to get them to behave.
    It seems possible to separate the Onge from other groups. Using SE Asians may not be great, as they probably have Onge ancestry, as well. I can get a little creative after a few unsupervised runs. I can always add pops, bit by bit, to look for something. I think I'll start with WHG, ANE, EEF, Bedouin, Yoruba, Atayal, and maybe EHG, with tribals, all unsupervised for a few k's. Although, substituting ANE with Karitiana would show us any potential "ANE" flow, incase MA1 won't make a cluster before it get's too noisy. I'll get started on this as soon as my K11 is finished, which should be in about 1-2 hours.

I think I'll include the following in unsupervised, to start.

Maybe, a K 6 or 7.
    WHG's
    EEF's
    Basque
    BedouinA and B
    Yoruba
    Atayal
    Ami
    Han
    MA1/EHG/ or Karitiana
    Papuan
    Onge
    maybe Yamnaya
    and all tribal pops I have.

Another interesting thing to test later is Papuans as a mix of Onge, Austronesian, and Denisovan.

Does that sound alright?
    Last edited by Chad Rohlfsen; 05-02-2015 at 10:48 PM.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chad Rohlfsen For This Useful Post:

Bramoan (10-04-2015),  fil (05-02-2015),  jesus (05-02-2015),  MonkeyDLuffy (05-02-2015),  NK19191 (05-02-2015),  Sein (05-03-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27 FGC17112
    mtDNA
    H5a1

Quote Originally Posted by Anabasis View Post
    While most of the genetician and researcher interested in South Asian or Steppe people why not there is an study on ancient Anatolians? We know that agriculture spread over the Europe and South Asia via Anatolia-Mesopotamia. (Am i wrong?) Archaeologist found the oldest tamples which is dated 10-11K ybp in Göbeklitepe. Many thing has begun in Fertile crescent. But in calculators most of the components divides near eastern into several pieces like East med/ West Asian or ENF/Caucasian/Gedrosia. I realy couldnt understand why Caucasia is so different then ENF? What we see is Caucasian component is dominant in ancient ruins where first agricaltural zones take place. Arent they which they brought agricalture to Europe? Then how can ENF can be different then Caucasia? And how can Cauciasia became diferent then Gedrosa in opposite direction.
    I've already got a good idea what they're like. I'm not concerned there. Caucasus, Gedrosia, etc, all have EHG/ANE ancestry. They won't be like the first farmers.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    South Asian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    J2b2* (J-M241)
    mtDNA
    M30b

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rohlfsen View Post
    It seems possible to separate the Onge from other groups. Using SE Asians may not be great, as they probably have Onge ancestry, as well. I can get a little creative after a few unsupervised runs. I can always add pops, bit by bit, to look for something. I think I'll start with WHG, ANE, EEF, Bedouin, Yoruba, Atayal, and maybe EHG, with tribals, all unsupervised for a few k's. Although, substituting ANE with Karitiana would show us any potential "ANE" flow, incase MA1 won't make a cluster before it get's too noisy. I'll get started on this as soon as my K11 is finished, which should be in about 1-2 hours.

I think I'll include the following in unsupervised, to start.

Maybe, a K 6 or 7.
    WHG's
    EEF's
    Basque
    BedouinA and B
    Yoruba
    Atayal
    Ami
    Han
    MA1/EHG/ or Karitiana
    Papuan
    Onge
    and all tribal pops I have.

Another interesting thing to test later is Papuans as a mix of Onge, Austronesian, and Denisovan.

Does that sound alright?
    Sounds good. Very curious to see what you find out about the relationship between Onge, Denisovan, Papuans, etc.
    Paternal - Y-DNA: J2b2* (J-M241) Z2432+ Z2433+ Y978+ (J-Y978*) (YFull: YF02959) (FTDNA Kit B6225), mtDNA: M18a (FTDNA Kit 329180)
    Maternal- Y-DNA: R1a1a1b2a1a* L657+ Y7+ (R-Y16494) (FTDNA Kit 311047), mtDNA: M30b (FTDNA Kit B6225) (Mother's Mother's Father: R1a1a1b2a1a* Y7+ (FTDNA Kit 329181))

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    South Asian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    J2b2* (J-M241)
    mtDNA
    M30b

Quote Originally Posted by Anabasis View Post
    In addition to what Chad said, I think Anatolia is far more important for its haplogroup lineages. Admixture wise it's close to Near East, Caucasus, Europe, etc but a lot of haplogroups are related to Caucasus and some might have originated near there. I'm J2b2-M241 for example, from the South Asian branch, but my closest in STRs are a few J2b1 people from Turkey. If J2b1 is there, and J2b is also highly frequent near there, perhaps J2b2-M241 had its genesis near there. Same goes for some other farming-associated haplogroups. Another Punjabi here (paulgill, same clan as me) is J1 and his closest in STRs is also from Turkey.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr_McNinja For This Useful Post:

parasar (05-02-2015)

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast