Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 570

Thread: What Hindi/Punjabi/Urdu song are you listening to

  1. #11
    Registered Users
    Posts
    75
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Maithil

    United Kingdom India Madhesi
    Don't listen to many South Asian songs but my Dad used to listen to this song a lot and it reminds me of when I was young.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=de...&v=osS-bvoZYDY

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toor For This Useful Post:

     Kurd (05-18-2015),  paulgill (06-22-2015)

  3. #12
    Banned
    Posts
    5,173
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Toor View Post
    Don't listen to many South Asian songs but my Dad used to listen to this song a lot and it reminds me of when I was young.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=de...&v=osS-bvoZYDY
    Sounds and feels like Sindhi, and to a lesser extent Pak Balochi, although I can't understand it.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kurd For This Useful Post:

     paulgill (06-22-2015),  Toor (05-18-2015)

  5. #13
    Registered Users
    Posts
    75
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Maithil

    United Kingdom India Madhesi
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurd View Post
    Sounds and feels like Sindhi, and to a lesser extent Pak Balochi, although I can't understand it.
    That's interesting, the language is a Eastern Indian dialect of Hindi called Bhojpuri.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhojpuri_language

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Toor For This Useful Post:

     khanabadoshi (07-29-2015),  Kurd (05-18-2015),  paulgill (06-22-2015)

  7. #14
    Banned
    Posts
    440
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Bengali
    Y-DNA
    R2A2 (R-P267)
    mtDNA
    M52A

    This is one of my favorite songs of Jagjit Singh.


    Bollywood, although it has always downgraded the roots and soul of Indian music even back in the day, is now getting worse. At least in the 80s, there were songs like the above in movies. Now even when they do something in a traditional context, they tend to screw with it in the fetish for "fusion". God knows who the hell they are impressing. People go on about AR Rahman, unfortunately today's generation thinks Khwaja Mere Khwaja is real qawwali music. Even in the 90s, the music was better with movies like Taal, Sarfarosh, Fiza, etc having good semi-authentic music.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redifflal For This Useful Post:

     Kurd (05-19-2015),  paulgill (06-22-2015),  Toor (05-19-2015)

  9. #15
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    3,015
    Sex
    Location
    Canada
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi Sikh Ramgarhia
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA
    R1a-Y2568*
    mtDNA
    M3a2

    India Punjab Canada Azad Baluchistan Sikh Empire Nishan Sahib
    Quote Originally Posted by redifflal View Post
    This is one of my favorite songs of Jagjit Singh.


    Bollywood, although it has always downgraded the roots and soul of Indian music even back in the day, is now getting worse. At least in the 80s, there were songs like the above in movies. Now even when they do something in a traditional context, they tend to screw with it in the fetish for "fusion". God knows who the hell they are impressing. People go on about AR Rahman, unfortunately today's generation thinks Khwaja Mere Khwaja is real qawwali music. Even in the 90s, the music was better with movies like Taal, Sarfarosh, Fiza, etc having good semi-authentic music.
    That's why I hate bollywood music. Most of the stuff is tasteless. It's like fast food, cooks faster without much effort, you like it at first and then you realise how bad it is. Songs like "aaj blue hai pani pani pani" are beyond retard level.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonkeyDLuffy For This Useful Post:

     redifflal (05-20-2015),  spicyshuwa&empanadas (10-12-2018)

  11. #16
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    1,302
    Sex
    mtDNA
    u2b2 gonur;swat

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy View Post
    That's why I hate bollywood music. Most of the stuff is tasteless. It's like fast food, cooks faster without much effort, you like it at first and then you realise how bad it is. Songs like "aaj blue hai pani pani pani" are beyond retard level.
    ahahahhhhaha I like that Honey Sing's song, they are catchy. I must be tasteless.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to surbakhunWeesste For This Useful Post:

     paulgill (06-22-2015)

  13. #17
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    3,015
    Sex
    Location
    Canada
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi Sikh Ramgarhia
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA
    R1a-Y2568*
    mtDNA
    M3a2

    India Punjab Canada Azad Baluchistan Sikh Empire Nishan Sahib
    Quote Originally Posted by zahra View Post
    ahahahhhhaha I like that Honey Sing's song, they are catchy. I must be tasteless.
    lol. They are catchy indeed, what I mean is the lyrics quality and lack of Indian classical music touch to it. These songs go out of trend really fast, but you can play old songs anytime and they will still give you the same feeling as people felt during when these songs came out. My mom uses the term "Sdabahaar" (evergreen) for old songs.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to MonkeyDLuffy For This Useful Post:

     spicyshuwa&empanadas (10-12-2018)

  15. #18
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    1,302
    Sex
    mtDNA
    u2b2 gonur;swat

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy View Post
    lol. They are catchy indeed, what I mean is the lyrics quality and lack of Indian classical music touch to it. These songs go out of trend really fast, but you can play old songs anytime and they will still give you the same feeling as people felt during when these songs came out. My mom uses the term "Sdabahaar" (evergreen) for old songs.
    Afghans like "mast" bollywood songs lolz

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to surbakhunWeesste For This Useful Post:

     MonkeyDLuffy (05-19-2015),  paulgill (06-22-2015)

  17. #19
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    3,015
    Sex
    Location
    Canada
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi Sikh Ramgarhia
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA
    R1a-Y2568*
    mtDNA
    M3a2

    India Punjab Canada Azad Baluchistan Sikh Empire Nishan Sahib
    Quote Originally Posted by zahra View Post
    Afghans like "mast" bollywood songs lolz
    I know right! My hometown has big afghan students population and they love punjabi songs lol. When I was in India, I met this afghan guy in University and he asked specially for Jazzy B songs lmao

  18. #20
    Banned
    Posts
    5,173
    Sex

    A beautiful song from Heer Ranjha by Harbajhan Mann. Heer was written by poet Waris Shah


  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kurd For This Useful Post:

     paulgill (06-22-2015),  redifflal (05-20-2015)

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Difference between Hindi and Urdu
    By surbakhunWeesste in forum Southern
    Replies: 198
    Last Post: 07-05-2018, 12:47 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-29-2017, 10:28 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •