Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Turkic Music

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    mtDNA
    u2b2 gonur;swat

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to surbakhunWeesste For This Useful Post:

Anabasis (05-30-2015),  DMXX (06-14-2015)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Turk
    mtDNA
    H29

Turkey Ottoman Empire Mongolia
    No, I am not an AKP voter, but this video is honestly beautiful, you can see phenotypes as well as different styles of traditional costumes plus the lyrics are very meaningful:

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CuriousChick For This Useful Post:

basmaci (05-30-2015),  DMXX (05-30-2015),  Mamluk (05-30-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Turkish

Turkey

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arslan For This Useful Post:

Anabasis (05-30-2015),  basmaci (05-31-2015),  DMXX (05-31-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    L-M317

Cuba Vietnam
    Soundtrack of the best Turkish movie ever. "Hacivat ve Karagöz Neden Öldürüldü?"

Full movie- I think you can find english subtitles somewhere in internet

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anabasis For This Useful Post:

Arslan (12-24-2015),  basmaci (05-31-2015),  DMXX (05-31-2015),  icebreaker (05-31-2015),  Mamluk (06-01-2015),  surbakhunWeesste (06-14-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Türk
    Nationality
    Türk
    Y-DNA
    N1b-P43>VL67>VL85
    mtDNA
    H1a3

Turkey Azerbaijan Northern Cyprus Turkmenistan Kazakhstan Kyrgyzstan
    hüzünlü bir Nogay türküsü

10. The Following User Says Thank You to basmaci For This Useful Post:

Mamluk (06-02-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    R1a F1345
    mtDNA
    B5B1c

Palestine Ottoman Empire Philippines Spain Albania Spanish Empire (1506-1701)

My avatar is the Turkic-Bulgar symbol of the Mamluk sultan, Baybars, whose name means "chief leopard." He transplanted the steppe-style comitatus and postal system to the sultanate, and installed his secret couriers to operate it. (My surname is a relic of these Kipchak-Cuman couriers.) This leopard symbol is often found on structures he commissioned throughout Palestine. A similar one is used as the emblem of the Kazan Tatars, and is portrayed as a snow leopard, Aq-Bars.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamluk For This Useful Post:

basmaci (06-04-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    R1a F1345
    mtDNA
    B5B1c

Appropriately named: Rahat Lokum (Turkish delight)

They remind me of some of my cousins, who look like them.

My avatar is the Turkic-Bulgar symbol of the Mamluk sultan, Baybars, whose name means "chief leopard." He transplanted the steppe-style comitatus and postal system to the sultanate, and installed his secret couriers to operate it. (My surname is a relic of these Kipchak-Cuman couriers.) This leopard symbol is often found on structures he commissioned throughout Palestine. A similar one is used as the emblem of the Kazan Tatars, and is portrayed as a snow leopard, Aq-Bars.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamluk For This Useful Post:

basmaci (06-02-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    R1a F1345
    mtDNA
    B5B1c

A popular folk song, Göz Nurım (my top favorite, along with Kübelek(Kelebek). I typically liked the way it was sung by either Asilyar or Zemfira Ramazanova, but Ruslan Sayfetdinov here has a great voice.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamluk For This Useful Post:

basmaci (06-03-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Tamil

Chola Empire India India Maratha Empire North Korea Kazakhstan Dravida Nadu
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I find this song very catchy xD

and I also somewhat understand a little because some words are very similar to Turkey Turkish

Uyghur Girls from Uzbekistan btw.

Dude i got this song stuck in my head now, the girls are also hella hot

18. The Following User Says Thank You to tamilgangster For This Useful Post:

Magnetic (06-05-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    R1a F1345
    mtDNA
    B5B1c

Quote Originally Posted by Anabasis View Post
    Soundtrack of the best Turkish movie ever. "Hacivat ve Karagöz Neden Öldürüldü?"
    Thanks for the link, I watched the movie. It's good, and enjoyable, and the cast of actors was well chosen--and I was not expecting what happened at the end.

I used to hear stories about the Karagöz & Hacivat (we call him Haj Iwaz) puppet shows in Şam & Halep during Ramadan, but never got to attend a show.

I also sense a political message in the movie as well... Well, I suppose many of the puppet shows about Karagöz & Hacivat had political messages since the Middle Ages.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mamluk For This Useful Post:

Anabasis (06-15-2015),  psaglav (01-27-2016)

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast