Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Genomepatri

Registered Users
    Sex

Genomepatri

http://www.mapmygenome.in/

Anyone ever heard of them? Any reviews? A friend of mine in India wants to take the test but i dont think any major companies like Ftdna and 23&me ship there.

Administrator
    Sex
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    Q-BZ68
    mtDNA (M)
    H23
    Y-DNA (M)
    J-ZS1711
    mtDNA (P)
    U5a1

Arbėreshė Wales Germany Palatinate Polish–LithuanianCommonwealth Israel Slovakia
    I don't really know anything about them. Interesting that they test for genetic predisposition to diseases. I was able to load up a shopping cart to a United States address. I didn't really order though. I wonder how that works considering the FDA crackdown with 23andme?

Maybe they are still very under the radar? Great then if they are! The prices though are much more expensive than 23andme. And unfortunately MonkeyDLuffy I don't know much else to say about them.

See this chart for international shipping. http://www.isogg.org/wiki/Autosomal_...mparison_chart
    Looks like FTDNA is worldwide, and 23andme is in 56 countries. I would think India is one of those 56.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tįltos For This Useful Post:

DMXX (06-05-2015),  Gray Fox (06-05-2015),  MonkeyDLuffy (06-05-2015),  Scarlet Ibis (06-05-2015),  Sein (06-05-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex

Does the family finder package from ftdna tells the mtdna? Can I download raw data from there too? My friend is female hence the ydna is useless for her and mtdna plans are too expensive. Atm we're looking at basic plans, which can give us genetic mixture, raw data and the mtdna halogroup.

We checked 23&me and they dont ship to India it seems. She is not interested in health results anyway.

Thanks

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pan-European & Romani
    Nationality
    Australian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L21>MC14>A6138
    mtDNA (M)
    T2b24 - T321C

Australia Romani United Kingdom Ireland European Union
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy View Post
    Does the family finder package from ftdna tells the mtdna? Can I download raw data from there too? My friend is female hence the ydna is useless for her and mtdna plans are too expensive. Atm we're looking at basic plans, which can give us genetic mixture, raw data and the mtdna halogroup.

We checked 23&me and they dont ship to India it seems. She is not interested in health results anyway.

Thanks
    Family finder doesn't include the mtDNA haplogroup, so you will need to pay for a separate lot of testing for that.
    The mtDNA full sequence test is $199 USD and you will be able to download raw data in FASTA file format (please refer to attached sample results)

mtDNA example.jpg

6. The Following User Says Thank You to N21163 For This Useful Post:

MonkeyDLuffy (06-05-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex

Does the mtdna full sequence includes genetic mixture as well?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pan-European & Romani
    Nationality
    Australian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L21>MC14>A6138
    mtDNA (M)
    T2b24 - T321C

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy View Post
    Does the mtdna full sequence includes genetic mixture as well?
    No mate. Family Finder is the genetic admixture (autosomal DNA).

If you want to know both the genetic admixture and have mtDNA results then 2 separate tests need to be ordered:

Family Finder = $99 USD
    MTDNA Full Sequence = $199 USD

TOTAL = $298 USD

Have a look at the tests on the website: https://www.familytreedna.com/products.aspx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to N21163 For This Useful Post:

MonkeyDLuffy (06-05-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex

23&me looks cheaper then. Shame they don't ship to India. Which other company would you recommend which tells the mtdna and gives genetic mixture like 23&me?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pan-European & Romani
    Nationality
    Australian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L21>MC14>A6138
    mtDNA (M)
    T2b24 - T321C

23 and me is cheaper but it wont give you the full subhaplogroup classification for mtDNA.

Since they don't ship to India it won't help your situation.

Apart from FTDNA there isn't one.

Taltos provided you with info on DNA testing companies earlier, but feel free to use google.

If you want both lots of results you/your friend may just have to pay more money.

Simple as that

12. The Following User Says Thank You to N21163 For This Useful Post:

BalkanKiwi (06-05-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex

For mtdna we just want basic info, like halogroup. I'll tell her about ftdna then. Thanks for the help.

Gold Class Member
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by N21163 View Post
    Family Finder = $99 USD
    MTDNA Full Sequence = $199 USD

TOTAL = $298 USD
    This combination is only $199 (+ $10 shipping) if you order through MyHeritage.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to lgmayka For This Useful Post:

Tįltos (06-05-2015)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast