Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: What is EHG/ Eastern European Hunter-Gatherer?

Interesting that SHG has more basal Eurasian ancestry than anatolia-ChL. https://postimg.cc/w1rG7ShL

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alessandro Max For This Useful Post:

dosas (04-21-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    italian

Italy Portugal Order of Christ Russia Imperial Canada Quebec Spanish Empire (1506-1701) Vatican
    Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro Max View Post
    Interesting that SHG has more basal Eurasian ancestry than anatolia-ChL. https://postimg.cc/w1rG7ShL
    How is that possible? I can't believe it really

Hello, I just found out that I need 10 posts to be able to send private messages, sorry for those who i couldn't reply.

The graphic I posted comes from Lazaridis 2016 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5003663/

The large amount of BE in the EHG cline is due to several waves of conquests coming from Turkestan. BE ancestry first dispersed from the surroundings of the Persian Gulf and Mesopotamia. One branch went west mixing with proto-EEF to form natufian and dispersed across North Africa, other branches went up north to form CHG and iran-n, and a related proto-EHG ancestry in Turkestan. This happened around 25 kya. Subsequently, at around 15 kya, proto-EHG was spreading across southern Russia, and would soon reach northern and eastern Europe. And that was how SHG ended up with more BE than anatolia-chl.
    If you check, you will also find some residual BE in northern China, coming from this 15 kya dispersion.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Alessandro Max For This Useful Post:

dosas (04-22-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex

Hello, I just found out that I need 10 posts to be able to send private messages, sorry for those who i couldn't reply.

The graphic I posted comes from Lazaridis 2016 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5003663/

The large amount of BE in the EHG cline is due to several waves of conquests coming from Turkestan. BE ancestry first dispersed from the surroundings of the Persian Gulf and Mesopotamia. One branch went west mixing with proto-EEF to form natufian and dispersed across North Africa, other branches went up north to form CHG and iran-n, and a related proto-EHG ancestry in Turkestan. This happened around 25 kya. Subsequently, at around 15 kya, proto-EHG was spreading across southern Russia, and would soon reach northern and eastern Europe. And that was how SHG ended up with more BE than anatolia-chl.
    If you check, you will also find some residual BE in northern China, coming from this 15 kya dispersion.
    BE in northern China is mostly due to West Eurasian ancestry after the IE migrations, as far as I know it's not there prior to that. Also I've heard there are multiple theories about BE, some don't consider it a real component.

Quote Originally Posted by Max_H View Post
    BE in northern China is mostly due to West Eurasian ancestry after the IE migrations, as far as I know it's not there prior to that. Also I've heard there are multiple theories about BE, some don't consider it a real component.

BE was already well diluted over a cline of which Botai is an intermediary. The IE migration was a second wave.

Registered Users
    Sex

BE was already well diluted over a cline of which Botai is an intermediary. The IE migration was a second wave.
    Hm interesting but something odd in that paper, it shows an South Asian component in Anatolian early BA and CHG?

Would you know its source?

Quote Originally Posted by Max_H View Post
    Hm interesting but something odd in that paper, it shows an South Asian component in Anatolian early BA and CHG?

Would you know its source?
    https://europepmc.org/article/PMC/6748862

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Alessandro Max For This Useful Post:

etrusco (Today)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    italian

Italy Portugal Order of Christ Russia Imperial Canada Quebec Spanish Empire (1506-1701) Vatican
    IIRC El Miron is Villabruna + something Goyet like.
    Villabruna in turn has a tad ANE/EHG so probably it is real.
    Take it with a grain of salt tough

13. The Following User Says Thank You to etrusco For This Useful Post:

Alessandro Max (Today)

Registered Users
    Sex

This question may be off topic, but is MA1 pure ANE or does it have EHG admixture?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast