Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible new crowdfunding test

J Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rohlfsen View Post
    This is a whole new deal, from myself. David will be assisting, as he is the only one that knows how to make the calculator at this time. I believe that he is going to show me how to run 23andme and FTDNA files, so genomes can be sent to both of us. So, there will be a new charge, which I am splitting with David. I may come up with a separate one for SC and S Asians, with components from Afanasievo, Sintashta, and Andronovo. Let me finish this one here, I can post the results of the samples I have and go from there.
    Who are ''SC"? South Central Asians?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF27 FGC17112
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a1

Here is the one without WHG. It made a component that is actually 8% more WHG than Spain MN, and it looks about 44% WHG, 56% Stuttgart. It appears to cover all WHG in the Baltic folks and works pretty well for several Bronze Age samples. I am working on adding a WHG component, and EEF. Spain MN looks about 36% WHG, 64% EEF. It looks pretty solid, just separating WHG and EEF from the MN and Near East, is all that remains. Unless, folks are more interested in testing on this run.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chad Rohlfsen For This Useful Post:

DMXX (07-21-2015),  Helgenes50 (07-16-2015),  Ignis90 (07-15-2015),  Varun R (07-14-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF27 FGC17112
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a1

Quote Originally Posted by J Man View Post
    Who are ''SC"? South Central Asians?
    Yes, that's what I mean.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chad Rohlfsen For This Useful Post:

J Man
    Here is the one without WHG. It made a component that is actually 8% more WHG than Spain MN, and it looks about 44% WHG, 56% Stuttgart. It appears to cover all WHG in the Baltic folks and works pretty well for several Bronze Age samples. I am working on adding a WHG component, and EEF. Spain MN looks about 36% WHG, 64% EEF. It looks pretty solid, just separating WHG and EEF from the MN and Near East, is all that remains. Unless, folks are more interested in testing on this run.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    I like everyone else most likely am/are most interested in testing on the most accurate run possible. So if it takes a bit longer to tweak things to make the most accurate test possible that is fine by me.

J Man
    Will you post here Chad once the test is ready?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Kassitic acolyte
    Y-DNA (P)
    J1a1b1a1(J-PF7263)
    mtDNA (M)
    J2b1

Im all for it and willing to pay a reasonable sum if you include the indo iranian samples and the RISE armenians.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF27 FGC17112
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a1

Yes, there will be some Andronovo, Sintashta, and Armenians in it, to use with R, or Oracle. I'm just trying to maximize the WHG component. Each run tends to take half a day, that's the reason for the delay. Once I feel like I can't do anymore, I'll post results and work with David on setting up the test.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chad Rohlfsen For This Useful Post:

DMXX (07-21-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF27 FGC17112
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a1

I may set one up to be specific for SC Asians, with an Afanasievo, Andronovo, and Sintashta components.

J Man
    Yes, there will be some Andronovo, Sintashta, and Armenians in it, to use with R, or Oracle. I'm just trying to maximize the WHG component. Each run tends to take half a day, that's the reason for the delay. Once I feel like I can't do anymore, I'll post results and work with David on setting up the test.
    Chad are you trying to maximize actual true WHG type ancestry that comes from Mesolithic European hunter-gatherers that is not part of the WHG like ancestry that is present in the EEF gene pool since we know that the EEF population and even Anatolian Neolithic farmers had/have a good amount of WHG like ancestry in their genomes?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF27 FGC17112
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a1

Quote Originally Posted by J Man View Post
    Chad are you trying to maximize actual true WHG type ancestry that comes from Mesolithic European hunter-gatherers that is not part of the WHG like ancestry that is present in the EEF gene pool since we know that the EEF population and even Anatolian Neolithic farmers had/have a good amount of WHG like ancestry in their genomes?
    European specific, above EEF.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chad Rohlfsen For This Useful Post:

Huijbregts (07-21-2015)

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast