Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-M84>Y99171
    mtDNA (M)
    J1b3b

Ayyubid Dynasty Zand Dynasty Ararat Republic Mahabad Republic Kurdistan Rojavaya Kurdistane
    It's inline with West Asian branch of Z282* SNP wise so far. Do you have any STR results, What's your kit number?
    E-M84>FGC18389>FGC18413>FGC18401>FGC18422>Y99171 tMRCA 2550ybp

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MfA For This Useful Post:

paulgill (07-25-2015),  Táltos (07-25-2015)

Global Moderator
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Baloch Kashmiri Uzbek Kho
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y17491 > R-YP4858
    mtDNA (M)
    A8a

Pakistan United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by MfA View Post
    It's inline with West Asian branch of Z282* SNP wise so far. Do you have any STR results, What's your kit number?
    Kit number of ftdna or gedmatch? And no I don't think so... basic geno2.0 and 23andme tests are snp results I believe? Should I do a str test?

Gold Class Member

Quote Originally Posted by khanabadoshi View Post
    My R-Z283 downstream results for analysis by you interested folks!

Perfect!
    Z283/Z282+ Z280-
    A Xiaohe related line perhaps. The Xiaohe are known to be Z93- which if we play the odds almost certainly would make them Z283+.
    We did not know the Z280 or Z92 status of the other two Z282+ Afghans. Your result makes it likely that they too could be Z280-.
    Last edited by parasar; 07-25-2015 at 08:24 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parasar For This Useful Post:

khanabadoshi (07-25-2015),  paulgill (07-25-2015)

Global Moderator
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y17491 > R-YP4858
    mtDNA (M)
    A8a

Quote Originally Posted by parasar View Post
    Perfect!
    Z283/Z282+ Z280-
    A Xiaohe related line perhaps. The Xiaohe are known to be Z93- which if we play the odds almost certainly would make them Z283+.
    We did not know the Z280 or Z92 status of the other two Z282+ Afghans. Your result makes it likely that they too could be Z280-.
    Well I'm glad my results are of use. You'll have to excuse me while I go google, "Xiaohe" hahahahah!

Gold Class Member

When I get my results I will let you guys know and you can advise me what to do next!
    So based on the populations that are z-282+ does that fit well for Baloch or does it lead one to conclude other origins?

Also, I'm fairly certain Kush (ie. Hindu Kush) means kill/killer not mountain. Like Khudkush (suicide, "self-kill"). Hindukush is named such, because it prevented Indians invading north and made it easy for the north to invade south.
    That Hindu Killer reference is indeed noted by Ibn Batutah:

"After this I proceeded to the city of Barwan, in the road to which is a high mountain, covered with snow and exceedingly cold; they call it the Hindu Kush, i. e. Hindoo-slayer, because most of the slaves brought thither from India die on account of the intenseness of the cold ... I then went on to Kabul, which was once a large city; but is now, for the most part, in ruins. It is inhabited by a people from Persia whom they call the Afghans. Their mountains are difficult of access, having narrow passes. These are a powerful and violent people; and the greater part of them highway robbers. Their largest mountain is called the mountain of Solomon. It is said that when Solomon had ascended this mountain, and was approaching India from it, and saw that it was an oppressive country, he returned refusing to enter it. The mountain was therefore called after his name: upon this the king of the Afghans resides."

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parasar For This Useful Post:

khanabadoshi (07-25-2015),  Sein (07-25-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-M84>Y99171
    mtDNA (M)
    J1b3b

Ayyubid Dynasty Zand Dynasty Ararat Republic Mahabad Republic Kurdistan Rojavaya Kurdistane
    Kit number of ftdna or gedmatch? And no I don't think so... basic geno2.0 and 23andme tests are snp results I believe? Should I do a str test?
    I meant your FTDNA number, but nevermind that since you haven't done STR test yet.
    At this point since Z282* is itself not much specific, I think you should get 67 markers STR test from FTDNA so that you can know your clade whether it's connected to West Asian Z283* or W-Central European specific. 2 Afghans samples that Parasar mentions are likely to be derived from the Slavic lines and not derived from a single common recent founder but at different times from one another.
    http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthre...ll=1#post67877

Once you get your clade thanks to STR results, you can move to one of the FullGenome tests or BigY.

BTW Y-DNA specific talk should move to its own spin-off thread so that it could take more attention from R1a nerds.
    Last edited by MfA; 07-25-2015 at 09:58 PM.
    E-M84>FGC18389>FGC18413>FGC18401>FGC18422>Y99171 tMRCA 2550ybp

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MfA For This Useful Post:

khanabadoshi (07-25-2015),  parasar (07-25-2015)

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a1a1-M417 (Z94).
    mtDNA (M)
    M4'67

Quote Originally Posted by parasar View Post
    That Hindu Killer reference is indeed noted by Ibn Batutah:

"After this I proceeded to the city of Barwan, in the road to which is a high mountain, covered with snow and exceedingly cold; they call it the Hindu Kush, i. e. Hindoo-slayer, because most of the slaves brought thither from India die on account of the intenseness of the cold ... I then went on to Kabul, which was once a large city; but is now, for the most part, in ruins. It is inhabited by a people from Persia whom they call the Afghans. Their mountains are difficult of access, having narrow passes. These are a powerful and violent people; and the greater part of them highway robbers. Their largest mountain is called the mountain of Solomon. It is said that when Solomon had ascended this mountain, and was approaching India from it, and saw that it was an oppressive country, he returned refusing to enter it. The mountain was therefore called after his name: upon this the king of the Afghans resides."
    This is one of the older references to Pashtun people ("Afghans").

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sein For This Useful Post:

khanabadoshi (07-25-2015),  parasar (07-25-2015)

Gold Class Member

Well I'm glad my results are of use. You'll have to excuse me while I go google, "Xiaohe" hahahahah!
    http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthre...ll=1#post65658

14. The Following User Says Thank You to parasar For This Useful Post:

khanabadoshi (07-25-2015)

Global Moderator
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y17491 > R-YP4858
    mtDNA (M)
    A8a

Quote Originally Posted by MfA View Post
    I meant your FTDNA number, but nevermind that since you haven't done STR test yet.
    At this point since Z282* is itself not much specific, I think you should get 67 markers STR test from FTDNA so that you can know your clade whether it's connected to West Asian Z283* or W-Central European specific. 2 Afghans samples that Parasar mentions are likely to be derived from the Slavic lines and not derived from a single common recent founder but at different times from one another.
    http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthre...ll=1#post67877

BTW Y-DNA specific talk should move to its own spin-off thread so that it could take more attention from R1a nerds.

Once you get your clade thanks to STR results, you can move to one of the FullGenome tests or BigY.

I just ordered the y111; I have nothing else do with my hard earned cash. LOL. And I'm sure a mod can split the thread or something?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to khanabadoshi For This Useful Post:

MfA (07-25-2015)

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Scythian Massagetae
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    J1-ZS3668>>FGC41588
    mtDNA (M)
    H14a+[3 Extras]

Canada Germany Sikh Empire Sweden Russian Federation India
    I just ordered the y111; I have nothing else do with my hard earned cash. LOL. And I'm sure a mod can split the thread or something?

Why would you buy Y-DNA111 for $359 when you can get BIG Y for $488.75? BIG Y covers over 400 STRs and it is on sale, the sale ends today, regular $575 with coupon 15% of thus for only $488.75. Use discount code Jam15P and get BIG Y for only $488.75.
    Last edited by paulgill; 07-25-2015 at 10:39 PM.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to paulgill For This Useful Post:

jesus (07-25-2015),  khanabadoshi (07-26-2015),  Lenny Nero (07-25-2015),  parasar (07-25-2015),  Varun R (07-25-2015)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast