Y-DNA (P)
    R-BY3604
    Y-DNA (M)
    most likely J-L210
    mtDNA (P)
    K1b2b

Canada Quebec Italy California Republic United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by ffffffffff00 View Post
    It looks like Yfull has a new sample from a Turkish fellow who's directly upstream from V222. I think my money's on the V182 branch being siblings with the AHG/Pinarbasi branches now, maybe part of the same migration into Anatolia around the Mesolithic or maybe they'd been there longer.

Maybe V86 was centered more in Anatolia or around the Black Sea or in despite Vestonice16 (I've also seen him listed as IJK). I'm guessing there was probably a decent amount of traffic to and from and back and forth from SE Europe and Anatolia as well, to the best of my understanding and memory maybe there weren't many or even any people living in Anatolia directly before the Mesolithic though. But then apparently there's the Dzudzuana AHG connection. But that might not involve V86. I'm becoming weaker as I type. I also wonder now if some of the F16270 branch was more WHG-focused and entered N Africa from let's say Spain, I think I saw a thread on R1b-V88 that mentioned a movement like this, losing track of threads here.
    I believe that sample is actually from an ethnic Pontic Greek.
    MDKA: Robert Boulay, b. 1631, Réveillon, Orne, France
    Y-DNA: R1b-U152 > L2 > Z367 > Z34 > Z33 > BY164497> BY3604

Maternal Y-DNA: J2a-M67 > Z1847 > Y4036 > Z467 > Z447> L210

2. The Following User Says Thank You to alchemist223 For This Useful Post:

ffffffffff00 (02-22-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    C-Y11716
    mtDNA (M)
    H1c1

United Kingdom Hungary Germany Greece Ireland
    Ah, interesting, alright. I'm throwing my hands back up till more samples and old C's are found I think for now.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ffffffffff00 For This Useful Post:

alchemist223 (03-11-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    C-Y11716
    mtDNA (M)
    H1c1

There's another V3918 up on Yfull now here. Unless I'm misunderstanding something (likely), the new one is also from Turkey somewhere. He could be another Pontic Greek, but based on the live version of the tree, it looks like his branch branched off the other V3918 maybe about 10,000 years ago. [Edit: never mind, found a misunderstanding, might not have branched that far back or even far back.]

Also, it looks as though Pontic Greeks aren't especially closely related to Greeks from Greece, could still have a disproportionate # of Greek origin haplos though and there are always outliers to cope with, I dunno. The probability that the V86 mrca man was in or just around Anatolia looks high to me.
    Last edited by ffffffffff00; 05-21-2021 at 03:38 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ffffffffff00 For This Useful Post:

alchemist223 (05-21-2021),  Shuzam87 (05-26-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    O-F14338/O-CTS10535
    mtDNA (M)
    D4a7b1
    Y-DNA (M)
    O-SK1730/O-Y7080
    mtDNA (P)
    C4a1a-a2a

Canada China
    Quote Originally Posted by ffffffffff00 View Post
    There's another V3918 up on Yfull now here. Unless I'm misunderstanding something (likely), the new one is also from Turkey somewhere. He could be another Pontic Greek, but based on the live version of the tree, it looks like his branch branched off the other V3918 maybe about 10,000 years ago. [Edit: never mind, found a misunderstanding, might not have branched that far back or even far back.]

Also, it looks as though Pontic Greeks aren't especially closely related to Greeks from Greece, could still have a disproportionate # of Greek origin haplos though and there are always outliers to cope with, I dunno. The probability that the V86 mrca man was in or just around Anatolia looks high to me.
    I think it was from this project PRJNA674530 called "The genetic structure of the Turkish population": We investigated the genetic structure of Turkey from 3,599 unrelated subjects whose whole-exomes (n = 2,826) or whole-genomes (n = 773) were sequenced to generate a Turkish Variome that should serve to facilitate disease gene discovery in this population.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shuzam87 For This Useful Post:

alchemist223 (05-28-2021),  ffffffffff00 (05-27-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    C-Y11716
    mtDNA (M)
    H1c1

It looks like the Y229972 branch had its last common ancestor around 5000 years ago. Still think it's a safer bet to say that V86/V3918 TMRCA guys were centered in Anatolia, but 3000bce seems to be in the IndoEuro Anatolia ballpark. Presumably there were migrations from the Balkans into the region, their branch could have tagged along with that crowd. Then again, you'd think there'd probably be some more Y229972 in Europe if that was the case.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456