Nationality
    Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-P37
    mtDNA (M)
    HV

Italy Italy Veneto

Simply HV

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here. Nice to meet you all!
    I tested with Geno 2.0, my MTdna is simply HV, no subclades found. Just a "pure" HV.
    I'm not a genetic expert, so maybe it's ok. Anyways, I have some doubts about it... Should I test more (I'm on FTDNA, too)? I know Geno has a very deep investigating system about haplogroups. What do you think?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MarMar81 For This Useful Post:

palamede (08-02-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Franchouillard
    Y-DNA (P)
    G2a2b2a1b1a2a1-S2808
    mtDNA (M)
    H2a2a1

Normandie Wallonia
    Quote Originally Posted by MarMar81 View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here. Nice to meet you all!
    I tested with Geno 2.0, my MTdna is simply HV, no subclades found. Just a "pure" HV.
    I'm not a genetic expert, so maybe it's ok. Anyways, I have some doubts about it... Should I test more (I'm on FTDNA, too)? I know Geno has a very deep investigating system about haplogroups. What do you think?
    Do you know your mutations in mtDNA ? Could you give us ?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2a1

You can try uploading your Geno 2.0 results to James Lick's mthap web tool to see if it identifies a more specific subclade, but you would need to test the full mtDNA sequence for the most specific result possible.

Sex

Pure HV

Quote Originally Posted by GailT View Post
    You can try uploading your Geno 2.0 results to James Lick's mthap web tool to see if it identifies a more specific subclade, but you would need to test the full mtDNA sequence for the most specific result possible.
    My is 16311C=?

Sex
    Ethnicity
    French
    Nationality
    French
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-U106 ... DF98
    mtDNA (M)
    HV

France
    Hi MarMar81,

New to population genetics, and sharing with you an HV mitogroup, without further details from LivingDNA. My descent is 100% French AFAIK, and it seems to be a quite rare mitogroup in France (few percent), compared to the typical H mitogroup. So I wonder whether this HV classification is accurate and if it significantly differs from H.

James Lick's mthap confirms the result, saying that some mutations are a mismatch: 750G,15326G

Mutation details with rCRS as a reference: 263G,1438G,2706G,4769G,7028T,8860G

Thanks to anyone who can help me understand these results in more details.