Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: My results (Mexican)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Posts
    5
    Sex
    Location
    California
    Ethnicity
    Latina
    Nationality
    Mexican
    mtDNA (M)
    B2

    Mexico United States of America

    My results (Mexican)

    I am Mexican, I did AncestryDNA recently and was shocked by my results
    How accurate do you find AncestryDNA? I am only aware of having Spanish and Portuguese as far as European heritage, my Spanish is a mixture of Basque, Andalusian, Extremaduran and Castille-La Mancha




    My 23andme results


  2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Esmeralda For This Useful Post:

     Abd.H (06-25-2016),  Afshar (06-25-2016),  Cinnamon orange (03-04-2017),  dp (08-04-2015),  Exosuits (09-18-2016),  jortita (08-01-2016),  kingjohn (03-04-2017),  lgmayka (03-05-2017),  lwell (03-04-2017),  MonkeyDLuffy (10-08-2017),  Oleg (Rus) (03-07-2017),  Pappy (11-14-2016),  rocky (08-01-2016),  shazou (08-04-2015),  surbakhunWeesste (08-04-2015),  tomz (08-01-2017)

  3. #2
    Banned
    Posts
    494
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    1/2 Ilocano 1/2 Tagalog
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    C-M130
    mtDNA (M)
    B4a1a

    Philippines
    Nice results. What do you think the Asia Central means? Would it likely be real or perhaps signifying something else? Perhaps related to your Iberian or Native American?

    I've seen other Mexicans get some Asia Central.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shazou For This Useful Post:

     Erik (08-13-2015),  rocky (08-01-2016),  surbakhunWeesste (08-04-2015)

  5. #3
    Registered Users
    Posts
    357
    Sex
    Location
    usa
    Nationality
    american
    mtDNA (M)
    c1c4a1

    Quote Originally Posted by shazou View Post
    Nice results. What do you think the Asia Central means? Would it likely be real or perhaps signifying something else? Perhaps related to your Iberian or Native American?

    I've seen other Mexicans get some Asia Central.
    i think it's related to the native american component

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crossover For This Useful Post:

     rocky (08-01-2016),  shazou (08-04-2016)

  7. #4
    Registered Users
    Posts
    32
    Sex
    Location
    Eureka, California
    Ethnicity
    Spaniard & Purepecha
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-M267
    mtDNA (M)
    B2

    United States of America Mexico Spain Basque Catalonia Andalucia
    Cool results The Central Asia is from the Amerindian.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rocky For This Useful Post:

     lwell (03-04-2017),  shazou (08-04-2016)

  9. #5
    Registered Users
    Posts
    42
    Sex
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Ethnicity
    73% Euro/21% American
    Nationality
    United States
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b/R-M167
    mtDNA (M)
    B2f (Yaqui)

    United States of America Mexico Catalonia France Basque California Republic
    Some Amerindian have more central Asia than others. For instance B2 (my maternal group) is thought to have immigrated from central Asia and not from Siberia directly, therefore my group has more central or east Asian, than the rest, except for haplogroup X which is thought to be European or some mixture of it.
    The firist ya shawarci Voltaire kan mutuwarsa gado rabuwa shaidan. Ya ce Voltaire, "Wannan ba wani lokaci don yin sabon abokan gaba."

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kevingnet For This Useful Post:

     Cinnamon orange (03-04-2017),  lwell (03-04-2017),  MonkeyDLuffy (10-08-2017)

  11. #6
    Registered Users
    Posts
    27
    Sex
    Nationality
    Americana
    mtDNA (M)
    L1c2a1b

    United States of America Mexico Basque France Nigeria
    Super awesome to see these results!!! I was dying to see an AncestryDNA v 23andMe comparison since I had only done AncestryDNA and just sent off my 23andMe. Also, i can't believe I didn't come across your post when I searched Mexican DNA results on this forum. I think I now have a better idea of what my mothers' might look like. Can't wait to get her tested.

    Quote Originally Posted by kevingnet View Post
    Some Amerindian have more central Asia than others. For instance B2 (my maternal group) is thought to have immigrated from central Asia and not from Siberia directly, therefore my group has more central or east Asian, than the rest, except for haplogroup X which is thought to be European or some mixture of it.
    I am super curious to get my haplogroup information. Out of curiosity, where did you get yours @kevingnet?

  12. #7
    Registered Users
    Posts
    42
    Sex
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Ethnicity
    73% Euro/21% American
    Nationality
    United States
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b/R-M167
    mtDNA (M)
    B2f (Yaqui)

    United States of America Mexico Catalonia France Basque California Republic
    Quote Originally Posted by lwell View Post
    I am super curious to get my haplogroup information. Out of curiosity, where did you get yours @kevingnet?
    From 23andMe, and exported that to GEDMatch.com, the haplo info was from 23andMe though.
    The firist ya shawarci Voltaire kan mutuwarsa gado rabuwa shaidan. Ya ce Voltaire, "Wannan ba wani lokaci don yin sabon abokan gaba."

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to kevingnet For This Useful Post:

     lwell (03-04-2017)

  14. #8
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,465
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by kevingnet View Post
    Some Amerindian have more central Asia than others. For instance B2 (my maternal group) is thought to have immigrated from central Asia and not from Siberia directly, therefore my group has more central or east Asian, than the rest, except for haplogroup X which is thought to be European or some mixture of it.
    Autosomal DNA and mtDNA are two different things. Sometimes an autosomal component can accompany an mtDNA haplogroup such as Native American autosomal DNA and Native American mtDNA but after just several generation the Native American autosomal DNA can get lost but the mtDNA retained.

    You aren't going to have more Central Asian because you have mtDNA B2 since B2 is found in almost all Latin American countries and almost all Native American groups so almost all would have it. B2 has not been found in anyone from central Asia. If B2 were from central Asia there would be people there with the subclade but there aren't. If there were they would be at http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/sequences_..._sequences.htm. B4b1 is a sibling of B2 and B4b1 has been found in the Tubalar people of the Altai Republic. See http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/sequences_..._sequences.htm I think you have read some posts or a Wikipedia entry about B2 that over generalized some basic info but didn't do a proper analysis of current data.

    The Sioux John Iron Mocassin and the Clovis Anzick infant both have central Asian autosomal DNA but neither have mtDNA B2. They are C4c1 and D4h3a respectively. See https://dna-explained.com/2016/12/08...f-a-sioux-man/

    The following person has mtDNA D1 and has Central Asian in his AncestryDNA results also. http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthre...tryDNA-results
    Last edited by ArmandoR1b; 03-04-2017 at 04:04 PM.

  15. #9
    Registered Users
    Posts
    42
    Sex
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Ethnicity
    73% Euro/21% American
    Nationality
    United States
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b/R-M167
    mtDNA (M)
    B2f (Yaqui)

    United States of America Mexico Catalonia France Basque California Republic
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmandoR1b View Post
    Autosomal DNA and mtDNA are two different things. Sometimes an autosomal component can accompany an mtDNA haplogroup such as Native American autosomal DNA and Native American mtDNA but after just several generation the Native American autosomal DNA can get lost but the mtDNA retained.

    You aren't going to have more Central Asian because you have mtDNA B2 since B2 is found in almost all Latin American countries and almost all Native American groups so almost all would have it. B2 has not been found in anyone from central Asia. If B2 were from central Asia there would be people there with the subclade but there aren't. If there were they would be at http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/sequences_..._sequences.htm. B4b1 is a sibling of B2 and B4b1 has been found in the Tubalar people of the Altai Republic. See http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/sequences_..._sequences.htm I think you have read some posts or a Wikipedia entry about B2 that over generalized some basic info but didn't do a proper analysis of current data.

    The Sioux John Iron Mocassin and the Clovis Anzick infant both have central Asian autosomal DNA but neither have mtDNA B2. They are C4c1 and D4h3a respectively. See https://dna-explained.com/2016/12/08...f-a-sioux-man/

    The following person has mtDNA D1 and has Central Asian in his AncestryDNA results also. http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthre...tryDNA-results
    "Autosomal DNA and mtDNA are two different things." That was my understanding. For example, I know you can have mtDNA from some lineage and someone else might have more autosomal from the same but be from another lineage. It's perfectly logical given the science.

    "You aren't going to have more Central Asian because you have mtDNA B2" Here, I beg to differ, I was speaking in terms of probabilities. The fact of the matter is that if you belong to B2 you are more likely to have more of it than someone who does not. B2 having originated in central Asia, is more likely to have more of those genes. Although, I must admit, that's not always the case and I may be wrong if it is found that as a group they do not contain more of the same. I haven't come across any data one way or the other. If you have, please share the source, I'd be interested to know more about my genetics. As it stands as far as I can tell, I believe they do by virtue of proximity.

    "B2 is found in almost all Latin American countries and almost all Native American groups so almost all would have it." Not so sure about that, my understanding was that C, D and other groups were more numerous, again I don't have a lot of data, just what I came across so far, things change quickly. I don't know anything about all NA having B2, never heard of that one. If you happen to know the source of that information please share.

    "B2 has not been found in anyone from central Asia" Ok, look dude... I've never said that or implied it. What it was found, and this you can verify from data (I don't have source, you can google) is that B2 and many Asian groups share a common ancestor. Look it up.

    Your datum about Anzick was not exactly inaccurate, but misleading. Here is a link: https://dna-explained.com/2014/09/23...cient-results/
    What it says is:
    Of the 1466 results:

    2 were Y haplogroup C
    79 were Y haplogroup Q
    520 carried a mitochondrial DNA haplogroup of A, B, C, D, M or X
    Of the 79 haplogroup Q carriers, 52 also carried a Native mitochondrial haplogroup.
    A total 549 individuals out of 1466 carried at least one Native American haplogroup, or about 37.5%. Thatís amazingly high.

    Ok, from that I see your point, I thought Clovis Anzick was B2, I thought I'd read it somewhere. Nevertheless, many whom are related are B2, which, this data appears to not contradict your point or mine. Other than me making a mental correction about Anzick which is not B2. Regardless, the B2 group, although is found in many places in America, is not the most numerous, however, because of intermixing it's logical that other groups would share the same dna, same as every other region in the world, I suppose.

    Please don't misquote me. I know that this is a difficult subject, I'm still learning a lot every day. Feel free to correct where you see correction might be necessary though.
    The firist ya shawarci Voltaire kan mutuwarsa gado rabuwa shaidan. Ya ce Voltaire, "Wannan ba wani lokaci don yin sabon abokan gaba."

  16. #10
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,465
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by kevingnet View Post
    "You aren't going to have more Central Asian because you have mtDNA B2" Here, I beg to differ, I was speaking in terms of probabilities. The fact of the matter is that if you belong to B2 you are more likely to have more of it than someone who does not. B2 having originated in central Asia, is more likely to have more of those genes.
    B2 did not originate in central Asia. If it had it would exist today in central Asia.

    The autosomal DNA tests are just finding a common DNA with central Asians because there is not a better fit autosomally but that does not mean there was direct gene flow from one region to another. That is a huge misunderstanding a lot of people have when it comes to the calculators. Next, even if a group that migrated to the Americas more than 12,000 years ago had a very large amount of central Asian then it would have been mixed in with all of the other groups they mixed with which is almost all Native American groups.

    Quote Originally Posted by kevingnet View Post
    Although, I must admit, that's not always the case and I may be wrong if it is found that as a group they do not contain more of the same. I haven't come across any data one way or the other. If you have, please share the source, I'd be interested to know more about my genetics. As it stands as far as I can tell, I believe they do by virtue of proximity.
    I have already given you examples of people that are not B2 that have what is interpreted as central Asian DNA in a calculator. In the next portion you will see a list of studies that show B2 almost everywhere in Latin America.

    Quote Originally Posted by kevingnet View Post
    "B2 is found in almost all Latin American countries and almost all Native American groups so almost all would have it." Not so sure about that, my understanding was that C, D and other groups were more numerous, again I don't have a lot of data, just what I came across so far, things change quickly. I don't know anything about all NA having B2, never heard of that one. If you happen to know the source of that information please share.
    I didn't say all NA have B2. I said almost all. I never mentioned which is most numerous since that is beside the point. Here is a list of studies for you to read -

    Reconstructing the History of Mesoamerican Populations through the Study of the Mitochondrial DNA Control Region
    http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0044666

    Linguistic and maternal genetic diversity are not correlated in Native Mexicans
    http://link.springer.com/article/10....439-009-0693-y

    Demographic History of Indigenous Populations in Mesoamerica Based on mtDNA Sequence Data
    http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0043486

    Decrypting the Mitochondrial Gene Pool of Modern Panamanians
    http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0038337

    Genomic insights on the ethno-history of the Maya and the ‘Ladinos’ from Guatemala
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4422311/

    The Genetic Legacy of the Pre-Colonial Period in Contemporary Bolivians
    http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0058980

    A melting pot of multicontinental mtDNA lineages in admixed Venezuelans
    http://dienekes.blogspot.com/2011/11...nezuelans.html

    Mitochondrial Echoes of First Settlement and Genetic Continuity in El Salvador
    https://dx.doi.org/10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0006882

    Genetic diversity in Puerto Rico and its implications for the peopling of the Island and the West Indies
    http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...22569/suppinfo

    Ancient DNA Analysis Suggests Negligible Impact of the Wari Empire Expansion in Peru’s Central Coast during the Middle Horizon
    http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0155508

    Genetic analysis of Paleo-Colombians from Nemocůn, Cundinamarca provides insights on the early peopling of northwestern South America
    https://www.raccefyn.co/index.php/ra...e/view/328/227

    Quote Originally Posted by kevingnet View Post
    "B2 has not been found in anyone from central Asia" Ok, look dude... I've never said that or implied it. What it was found, and this you can verify from data (I don't have source, you can google) is that B2 and many Asian groups share a common ancestor. Look it up.
    This is what you said "For instance B2 (my maternal group) is thought to have immigrated from central Asia and not from Siberia directly" What you completely fail to understand is that for proof that B2 originated in central Asia it needs to be found in central Asia and since it has not been found there then the proof does not exist. The common ancestor for the Asian B and Native American B2 is in East Asia. B4b1 is a sibling of B2 and B4b1 has been found in the Tubalar people of the Altai Republic and that is in southern Siberia and not central Asia. It is closer to the Americas and therefore logic dictates that B2 descends from a group from somewhere in that region.

    Quote Originally Posted by kevingnet View Post
    Your datum about Anzick was not exactly inaccurate, but misleading. Here is a link: https://dna-explained.com/2014/09/23...cient-results/

    Ok, from that I see your point, I thought Clovis Anzick was B2, I thought I'd read it somewhere. Nevertheless, many whom are related are B2, which, this data appears to not contradict your point or mine. Other than me making a mental correction about Anzick which is not B2. Regardless, the B2 group, although is found in many places in America, is not the most numerous, however, because of intermixing it's logical that other groups would share the same dna, same as every other region in the world, I suppose.
    That is what I have been trying to explain to you, it does not matter that you have mtDNA B2 since people all the way from Mexico to Sioux territory can have what is interpreted as central Asian DNA. If we had the FTDNA myOrigins or AncestryDNA results of a lot of people from South America with a lot of NA DNA some would very likely have central Asian in their results also. Almost all of the same groups of people that have central Asian DNA from Native American ancestors have ancestors with mtDNA A2, B2, C1, and D1. There is no possible way to directly correlate B2 people, but not A2 or C1 or D1, as a source of central Asian DNA in the ethnicity calculators of the DNA companies.

    Quote Originally Posted by kevingnet View Post
    Please don't misquote me. I know that this is a difficult subject, I'm still learning a lot every day. Feel free to correct where you see correction might be necessary though.
    That is why I am trying to explain this to you.
    Last edited by ArmandoR1b; 03-07-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. My Mexican gedmatch results.
    By Nazut in forum General
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 05-13-2020, 06:09 AM
  2. Mexican Gedmatch results
    By Park Sora in forum Northern
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-10-2019, 11:03 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-22-2018, 02:08 PM
  4. Northern Mexican DNA.LAND vs Ancestry DNA results
    By davidst91 in forum DNA.Land
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2018, 03:26 AM
  5. Northern Mexican Ancestry DNA results
    By davidst91 in forum AncestryDNA
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-05-2018, 10:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •