Ethnicity
    German
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    S21809+

Germany England
    Hello,
    I am new to this forum and recently received Big-Y results for my 3rd cousin who is a BRYAN with ancestor in North Carolina born 1759. It is thought his ancestral home is East Anglia based on similar SNP results. The best Big-Y match he has is sharing 28 novel variants and has a Swedish ancestor. He shares SNP ZP143 with him and some others in the Z-18 project. However, I do not see ZP143 on the latest S11601 haplotree. I would be very interested in knowing where ZP143 fits. My cousin is negative for SNP S17548 based on Z-18 SNP Pack results. He is positive for SNPs S11601 and S19726. I would also be interested in knowing if S19726 is downstream from S11601. The reason I ask is that I see one member of the Z-18 project that is positive for S11601 yet negative for S19726.

Sex
    mtDNA (M)
    H49a1
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-FGC41890

England Ireland Germany Imperial Scotland Switzerland Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by COEH View Post
    Hello,
    I am new to this forum and recently received Big-Y results for my 3rd cousin who is a BRYAN with ancestor in North Carolina born 1759. It is thought his ancestral home is East Anglia based on similar SNP results. The best Big-Y match he has is sharing 28 novel variants and has a Swedish ancestor. He shares SNP ZP143 with him and some others in the Z-18 project. However, I do not see ZP143 on the latest S11601 haplotree. I would be very interested in knowing where ZP143 fits. My cousin is negative for SNP S17548 based on Z-18 SNP Pack results. He is positive for SNPs S11601 and S19726. I would also be interested in knowing if S19726 is downstream from S11601. The reason I ask is that I see one member of the Z-18 project that is positive for S11601 yet negative for S19726.
    Hi, welcome to the forum. I noticed your cousin amongst my uncle's (Richards) new BigY matches, it's great to see more S11601 BigY results. ZP143 (also known as FGC35830 ) has proven to be somewhat unstable as it is located in an STR, so that is why it does not appear in haplotrees. S19726 is somewhat uncertain as well, from what I recall the person who is negative for it actually just has a no-call there, so may really be positive. I'm not sure what novel variants the Swede-descendant has as he has yet to share them with myself or the Z18 project, I have emailed with him some though. It would be great to be able to make a new branch on the S11601 tree with any new shared SNPs between your cousin and him.

Sex
    Ethnicity
    German
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    S21809+

Germany England
    Thanks for the status on ZP143. I was hoping it might be a stable SNP. I just compared my novel variants I have with the Swede. I believe every one of them is upstream of ZP30 because I also share them with a Venier and he appears to be negative for ZP30. There is one position that seems interesting but I don't know much about it or whether it is stable. It is at 22,240,888. Let me know what you think.

Sex
    mtDNA (M)
    H49a1
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-FGC41890

England Ireland Germany Imperial Scotland Switzerland Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by COEH View Post
    Thanks for the status on ZP143. I was hoping it might be a stable SNP. I just compared my novel variants I have with the Swede. I believe every one of them is upstream of ZP30 because I also share them with a Venier and he appears to be negative for ZP30. There is one position that seems interesting but I don't know much about it or whether it is stable. It is at 22,240,888. Let me know what you think.
    Yeah I am not sure about that one, it is listed on http://l257.groenebeverbv.nl/index.p...=15&Itemid=121 as an invariant so may not be useful. If you haven't already I definitely recommend sending your VCF file to the Z18 administrator and/or the U106 administrators just to keep all interested parties informed on the latest results; they will be able to compare your results with the other results they have. It may be the case that you are another new branch beneath ZP30. You might email the Swede as well and see if he can send his VCF file to a project administrator for easier comparison.

Sex
    Ethnicity
    German
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    S21809+

Germany England
    I sent my vcf to the U106 admin. I contacted the Z-18 admin but he hasn't replied.
    I'm not really sure what an "invariant" is but it looks like some of the people that have it are also negative for ZP30 so I'm guessing it won't matter to me. I'm still trying to understand what the Big-Y is telling me. I think what I am seeing now is that none of my cousin's matches are downstream of ZP30 and upstream of the SNP he is negative on (S17548). I am thinking if I was able to get one of his close 111 STR matches to do the Big-Y I might see some SNPs he has in common that are real.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12