Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New: South Indian Karnataka Result (23andme)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Anglo
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    I2-S2361 < L801
    mtDNA (M)
    H2a2b(1)
    mtDNA (P)
    H3

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldmountains View Post
    Anatolian farmers carried H and even some European EEFs. They both lacked South Asian ancestry so I rather would locate the homeland of H in West Asia. Otherwise it is hard to explain how they got it.
    H coalesced around the beginning of the Upper Paleolithic, probably close to 50 000 years ago. Even H1 is probably around 40 000 years old. There is lots and lots of time for the basal clades of H to have spread.

Why put the homeland of H in West Asia when most of its branches are found in South Asia? It's not as if people never migrated *out* of South Asia.
    Last edited by Megalophias; 10-11-2015 at 07:49 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Megalophias For This Useful Post:

Coldmountains (10-11-2015),  pegasus (03-22-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Coldmountains View Post
    Anatolian farmers carried H and even some European EEFs. They both lacked South Asian ancestry so I rather would locate the homeland of H in West Asia. Otherwise it is hard to explain how they got it.
    all that is likely h2. h and h3 still seem to have a south asian distribution. and h2 is also found in south asia. this h2 is found thousands of years after h originated so we have no idea what h's autosomal signal was and it could have been diluted. also different h clades could have originated in different places.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to newtoboard For This Useful Post:

parasar (03-22-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Indo Fijian

Australia India India Punjab Dravida Nadu Fiji Madhesi
    Is 23andme the best company to go with for South asians ?

Sex

It is the conspiracy of the britishers to ridicule and demonize our clan as they very well know we are fighting clan of millitary brahmins .who never remained subjected to slavery of rajputs and in every battle gave them a befitting reply .I have interacted with many babhans of magadh region they claim we are the primitive or indigenous of magadh.All sakaldipi ,kanyakubj were inland brahmins who came and occupied our territory becoz we were magahi speaking brahmins.

Prasar bhai i am no where as resourceful or intellectual as you but their are many theories regarding our origin but which one is authentic i donot know but one this is for sure all castes in bihar are envy of us beoz in spite of we are only 4 percent of the bihar population , we wield a strong political might.

Gold Class Member

Quote Originally Posted by babhan View Post
    It is the conspiracy of the britishers to ridicule and demonize our clan as they very well know we are fighting clan of millitary brahmins .who never remained subjected to slavery of rajputs and in every battle gave them a befitting reply .I have interacted with many babhans of magadh region they claim we are the primitive or indigenous of magadh.All sakaldipi ,kanyakubj were inland brahmins who came and occupied our territory becoz we were magahi speaking brahmins.
    No doubt babhans have been in Magadh region for a long time. They are mentioned in Asoka's inscriptions and Buddhist material. Babhan happens to be the same as brahman, no doubt, and was one of the forms in usage in the Mauryan period.

It is the term bhumihar that is more recent. We do see the term mentioned in pre-British period for Gujjars in Desavali Vivriti. So it is my theory that bhumihars, while related to babhans, had separated out for some time, and migrated to U.P. and Bihar areas after the Arab invasions.

The Nasik area, the Narmada valley, Tapti valley, and Mahi valley were all Gujjar regions. In fact the earliest inscription of Gujjars comes from Baroach. https://books.google.com/books?id=MRYIAQAAIAAJ&pg=PA307

The Arabs overran this region prior to their defeat at Navasarika (Nausari). This we know from Chalukyan inscriptions, Arab records, and Mohyal kavyas.

This resulted in a massive convulsion in western India and southern Indus and resulted in the Rajput/Bhumihar phenomenon - essentially both are brahmans but are socially split in some ways. These Gujjar families established kingdoms all over north India - Gohil/Gehlot/Udaipur (family of brahman Guhadatta), Ajmer/Delhi/Chauhan (family of brahman Samanta), and Ujjain/Kannauj/Pratihar (family of brahman Harichandra). Over a period of time, due to the social split and due to following primogeniture, the Rajputs started to identify more with kshatriyas and less with brahmans.

Inscriptions at Aitpur, Bijolia, and Ghatayala http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthre...ll=1#post23564

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parasar For This Useful Post:

babhan (04-18-2016),  purohit (06-09-2018)

Sex

Quote Originally Posted by parasar View Post
    No doubt babhans have been in Magadh region for a long time. They are mentioned in Asoka's inscriptions and Buddhist material. Babhan happens to be the same as brahman, no doubt, and was one of the forms in usage in the Mauryan period.

It is the term bhumihar that is more recent. We do see the term mentioned in pre-British period for Gujjars in Desavali Vivriti. So it is my theory that bhumihars, while related to babhans, had separated out for some time, and migrated to U.P. and Bihar areas after the Arab invasions.

The Nasik area, the Narmada valley, Tapti valley, and Mahi valley were all Gujjar regions. In fact the earliest inscription of Gujjars comes from Baroach. https://books.google.com/books?id=MRYIAQAAIAAJ&pg=PA307

The Arabs overran this region prior to their defeat at Navasarika (Nausari). This we know from Chalukyan inscriptions, Arab records, and Mohyal kavyas.

This resulted in a massive convulsion in western India and southern Indus and resulted in the Rajput/Bhumihar phenomenon - essentially both are brahmans but are socially split in some ways. These Gujjar families established kingdoms all over north India - Gohil/Gehlot/Udaipur (family of brahman Guhadatta), Ajmer/Delhi/Chauhan (family of brahman Samanta), and Ujjain/Kannauj/Pratihar (family of brahman Harichandra). Over a period of time, due to the social split and due to following primogeniture, the Rajputs started to identify more with kshatriyas and less with brahmans.

Inscriptions at Aitpur, Bijolia, and Ghatayala http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthre...ll=1#post23564
    yes very informative and well researched theory by you
    bro..

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456