Thread: Are both of these guys of the same R0a2 subclade?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Somali
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V32
    mtDNA (M)
    N1a

Somalia Ethiopia Eritrea Djibouti

Are both of these guys of the same R0a2 subclade?

I have the raw data of two Somalis (one's a member here) and they're both R0a2 and also related (granted, seemingly not via their maternal lines) and here's what they get via Jame's Lick mtDNA analysis tool:

Somali 1 (Y-DNA: T, mtDNA: R0a2):

Somali 2 (Y-DNA: E-V32, mtDNA R0a2):

Krefter (our resident mtDNA wizz) seemed to identify the first guy as R0a2g and has his results in his users mtDNA spreadsheet but given that I'm not too good with discerning these results (terrible, honestly)-> What subclade does the second guy look to be? He seems to get a lot more suggestions than the first which confused me... He's not R0a2g like the first guy is the impression I'm getting... What does his subclade seem to be?
    Last edited by Awale; 10-10-2015 at 08:32 PM.
    فار عارابإ آ واجإب اه

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Awale For This Useful Post:

palamede (01-16-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Awale View Post
    I have the raw data of two Somalis (one's a member here) and they're both R0a2 and also related (granted, seemingly not via their maternal lines) and here's what they get via Jame's Lick mtDNA analysis tool:

Somali 1 (Y-DNA: T, mtDNA: R0a2):

Somali 2 (Y-DNA: E-V32, mtDNA R0a2):

Krefter (our resident mtDNA wizz) seemed to identify the first guy as R0a2g and has his results in his users mtDNA spreadsheet but given that I'm not too good with discerning these results (terrible, honestly)-> What subclade does the second guy look to be? He seems to get a lot more suggestions than the first which confused me... He's not R0a2g like the first guy is the impression I'm getting... What does his subclade seem to be?
    First one is R0a2g since they carry 9128C. The second one is R0a2* because they carry no mutations that defines anything under R0a2 currently known.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Almagest For This Useful Post:

Awale (12-25-2016),  palamede (01-16-2017)