Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    J1-ZS3668>>FGC41588
    mtDNA (M)
    H14a+[3 Extras]

Canada Germany Sikh Empire Sweden Russian Federation India

Montgomery and Dera Ghazi Khan, Pakistan

Is there anybody here from Montgomery and Dera Ghazi Khan, Pakistan?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Baloch Kashmiri Uzbek Kho
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y17491 > R-YP4858
    mtDNA (M)
    A8a

Pakistan United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by paulgill View Post
    Is there anybody here from Montgomery and Dera Ghazi Khan, Pakistan?

I'm from the next town over from DG Khan. Montgomery is now called Sahiwal.
    “Chahar chez est tohfay Multan, Gard-o- Garma, Gada-o- Goristan”.

Four things are the gift of Multan: Dusty winds, hot seasons, beggars and graveyards.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to khanabadoshi For This Useful Post:

dp (01-06-2017),  paulgill (10-19-2015)

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Scythian Massagetae
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    J1-ZS3668>>FGC41588
    mtDNA (M)
    H14a+[3 Extras]

Quote Originally Posted by khanabadoshi View Post
    I'm from the next town over from DG Khan. Montgomery is now called Sahiwal.
    Thanks, I know from your previous posts that you are from that area, there are Kabru Jatts in that district. According to 1911 census the Kabru were the principal Muslim Jat clan in Dera Ghazi Khan District with population of Kabru (554). Sounds somewhat close to Khabra and I wonder if they are related to me, I would like to have couple of them tested at YSEQ.

Registered Users
    Sex
    mtDNA (M)
    u2b2 gonur;swat

Thanks, I know from your previous posts that you are from that area, there are Kabru Jatts in that district. According to 1911 census the Kabru were the principal Muslim Jat clan in Dera Ghazi Khan District with population of Kabru (554). Sounds somewhat close to Khabra and I wonder if they are related to me, I would like to have couple of them tested at YSEQ.
    Are you planning on funding their tests?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to surbakhunWeesste For This Useful Post:

paulgill (10-19-2015)

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Scythian Massagetae
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    J1-ZS3668>>FGC41588
    mtDNA (M)
    H14a+[3 Extras]

Quote Originally Posted by surbakhunWeesste View Post
    Are you planning on funding their tests?
    I will like to have them tested for at least one solid SNP down stream of J1-Z1853 to begin with and will pay for it, it doesn't cost much for that at YSEQ. And a couple of Khabera (खबेरा) Kharral clan found in Montgomery, Pakistan. Also a couple of Samma Jamote >> Abro Tribe >> Kehar subtribe >> Chhajra Clan individuals. Any help in getting their DNA Samples be highly appreciated.
    Last edited by paulgill; 10-19-2015 at 05:29 AM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to paulgill For This Useful Post:

bored (10-19-2015),  jesus (10-19-2015),  surbakhunWeesste (10-19-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y17491 > R-YP4858
    mtDNA (M)
    A8a

If you can find all surnames and subclans they might go by, this will not be an issue for me to find someone and have them spit in a bottle. There is a 70% chance I will go to Pakistan within the next 5 weeks. It is unlikely you will find any in the West. In all my life here, my family has only met 2 other families from Southern Punjab -- between NY, NJ, GA, MD, DC, VA.
    Last edited by khanabadoshi; 10-19-2015 at 06:25 AM.

Four things are the gift of Multan: Dusty winds, hot seasons, beggars and graveyards.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to khanabadoshi For This Useful Post:

dp (01-06-2017),  paulgill (10-19-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y17491 > R-YP4858
    mtDNA (M)
    A8a

I will like to have them tested for at least one solid SNP down stream of J1-Z1853 to begin with and will pay for it, it doesn't cost much for that at YSEQ. And a couple of Khabera (खबेरा) Kharral clan found in Montgomery, Pakistan. Also a couple of Samma Jamote >> Abro Tribe >> Kehar subtribe >> Chhajra Clan individuals. Any help in getting their DNA Samples be highly appreciated.

These sound familiar.

Testing anyone in Sahiwal is a little more difficult. Sahiwal is a Punjabi area and halfway to Lahore from Multan -- I have no familiarity or relations there. However, I know some Punjabis who live near there, I may ask them, as they are doctors, they might treat some of these clans you are interested in. So I will ask around if I end up visiting.

If I spend a day at Nishtar Hospital in Multan, I will likely find one person from each of these tribe/clans -- I will evaluate based on how ill they are whether or not to ask them for samples. However, it is uncommon for most Jatts in Pakistan to use their clan name as their surname, so it will not be easy to find. If I visit, I will message you and take it from there.
    Last edited by khanabadoshi; 10-19-2015 at 06:37 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to khanabadoshi For This Useful Post:

jesus (10-19-2015),  paulgill (10-19-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    (Jammu) Dogra
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2a (R-M124)
    mtDNA (M)
    U4b1a1a1

Canada Jammu and Kashmir India
    Why do you suspect that they're related to you?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bored For This Useful Post:

khanabadoshi (10-19-2015),  paulgill (10-19-2015)

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Scythian Massagetae
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    J1-ZS3668>>FGC41588
    mtDNA (M)
    H14a+[3 Extras]

Quote Originally Posted by khanabadoshi View Post
    These sound familiar.

Testing anyone in Sahiwal is a little more difficult. Sahiwal is a Punjabi area and halfway to Lahore from Multan -- I have no familiarity or relations there. However, I know some Punjabis who live near there, I may ask them, as they are doctors, they might treat some of these clans you are interested in. So I will ask around if I end up visiting.

If I spend a day at Nishtar Hospital in Multan, I will likely find one person from each of these tribe/clans -- I will evaluate based on how ill they are whether or not to ask them for samples. However, it is uncommon for most Jatts in Pakistan to use their clan name as their surname, so it will not be easy to find. If I visit, I will message you and take it from there.
    Thank you so very much, please do collect samples from these individuals if possible.

All I know about them is their clan names, Jat clan in Dera Ghazi Khan District with surname Kabru, another one is surname Khabera also known as (Kharral) clan found in Montgomery, and the third one is the Kehar village on the Larkana - Naudero road in Larkana District, Sindh, but among the Kehar Tribe I am particularily looking for Chhajra Clan individuals.

As you know very well the samples have to be chosen very carefully, they have to be from these particular clans individuals, else it be a totally pointless endeavor.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to paulgill For This Useful Post:

khanabadoshi (10-19-2015)

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Scythian Massagetae
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    J1-ZS3668>>FGC41588
    mtDNA (M)
    H14a+[3 Extras]

Quote Originally Posted by bored View Post
    Why do you suspect that they're related to you?

I am J1-Z1853*, the mutation is supposed to be from the Khabur Rivers area, these people are known as Jatts and their surnames sound close to the name of those rivers.

My belief is that IVC, Mehrgarh, and BAMC belonged to agriculturists from the Fertile Crescent, and that is where the J2 and G found in the South Asia originally have comes from, L and J1 may have been a part of it too.

Khyber Pass and Khaboura the ancient name of the Kabul City may also have been based on Khabur Rivers, Hebrew or Eber [Heber].

One of the village founded by these people is named Kahar Pur, its name may have been based on the name of Kehar Tribe.

I have a gap from 8000 to 1500 ybp in the genetic genealogy to fill, so I am willing to gamble a little.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to paulgill For This Useful Post:

bored (10-19-2015),  dp (01-06-2017),  khanabadoshi (10-19-2015),  redifflal (10-19-2015),  sunny (10-19-2015)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast