Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 158

Thread: Haplogroup J2a Arabs

  1. #1
    J Man
    Guest

    Haplogroup J2a Arabs

    Haplogroup J2a is probably the second most common Y-DNA haplogroup found among Arabs. I came across this project today which looks rather interesting. It focuses on the J2a-PH4970 Wael/Anizzah - Rabi'ah Adnanite tribes. I am quite curious about this. بنو وائل (The sons of Wael) and وائل (Wael) are mentioned for a number of the results in this project. Does anyone know exactly who ''Wael'' is?

    https://www.familytreedna.com/public...ction=yresults

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to J Man For This Useful Post:

     Abd.H (06-25-2016),  King (06-25-2016),  Smilelover (07-17-2017)

  3. #2
    Registered Users
    Posts
    279
    Sex
    Location
    South Tyrol / Dolomites, Alps, Central Europe

    Austria Tirol Italy Trentino Alto Adige Germany Bayern Italy Veneto France Slovenia
    Particularly interested in: DNA/Admixture from Historical Tyrol, Central Alps and related/connected populations; Y-DNA J2a-M67-L210, J2a-PF5197-PF5169, R1a-M17, R1b-U106-Z372; mtDNA J1b1b, J1c1d2-A11884G, U5a2b2-G10685A, U5b1b1-b-T16192C! Projects: Hidden Content , Hidden Content , J2a-PF5197, ISOGG Wiki, GenWiki (german)

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChrisR For This Useful Post:

     vettor (10-21-2015)

  5. #3
    Registered Users
    Posts
    131
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-L243
    mtDNA (M)
    J1d1

    Iraq
    J-M410 and especially the L26 is widely found in eastern Arab world including modern day Arabian peninsula,Iraq,Syria,Jordan, Israel(Palestine),and of course Lebanon.
    Not only found in some tribal sectors of Eniza (Beni Wael) in Arabian Peninsula.It's actually a vital sub-group of many Mesopotamian Marsh Arabs tribes in Southern Iraq such as Benu 'Amer-Obadah Tribe,Beni Asad (M92) both of are Adnanite,El-Soudan-Kinda Tribe (PF4610) and it's also available in Beni Saeed tribe,and Bou Darraj tribe ,needless to say it's also found in other western parts of Iraq including Beni Tay'-Mafarjah (PF5160),Beni Tay'-ElAssaf (F3133),and one sector of Dulaim tribe-Bou Mhall(PF5160) and also found in El-Serhan tribe in North-western Arabian Peninsula/Jordan (PF5160),Lukhm tribe in Levant (M319),Beni Sakhr tribe in Jordan(L1064)...etc

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Babylon_74 For This Useful Post:

     Abdullahmehari (08-11-2021),  palamede (07-01-2016),  Smilelover (07-17-2017),  subzero85 (03-07-2021)

  7. #4
    Registered Users
    Posts
    131
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-L243
    mtDNA (M)
    J1d1

    Iraq
    I have also to mention that J-M410 and L26 is also found in South West Asian populations such as Kurdish tribes,which is also make sense since that M410 predates both the composition of both Arabs and Kurds.

    I can name couple of famous Kurdish tribes such as Talbani,Horami,Jaff....etc

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Babylon_74 For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    J Man
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylon_74 View Post
    J-M410 and especially the L26 is widely found in eastern Arab world including modern day Arabian peninsula,Iraq,Syria,Jordan, Israel(Palestine),and of course Lebanon.
    Not only found in some tribal sectors of Eniza (Beni Wael) in Arabian Peninsula.It's actually a vital sub-group of many Mesopotamian Marsh Arabs tribes in Southern Iraq such as Benu 'Amer-Obadah Tribe,Beni Asad (M92) both of are Adnanite,El-Soudan-Kinda Tribe (PF4610) and it's also available in Beni Saeed tribe,and Bou Darraj tribe ,needless to say it's also found in other western parts of Iraq including Beni Tay'-Mafarjah (PF5160),Beni Tay'-ElAssaf (F3133),and one sector of Dulaim tribe-Bou Mhall(PF5160) and also found in El-Serhan tribe in North-western Arabian Peninsula/Jordan (PF5160),Lukhm tribe in Levant (M319),Beni Sakhr tribe in Jordan(L1064)...etc
    Thank you for this information! It is quite useful and very interesting. I did not know that Y-DNA haplogroup J2a was found among the Mesopotamian Marsh Arabs tribes in Southern Iraq. Do you have any information about the frequencies of Y-DNA haplogroup J2a among certain Marsh Arab tribes?

  10. #6
    Registered Users
    Posts
    314
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Syrian
    Y-DNA (P)
    J1-ZS3114-B234
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a

    Quote Originally Posted by J Man View Post
    Does anyone know exactly who ''Wael'' is?
    Wael is an ancient ancestor which is believed to be the common ancestor for many Arabian tribes .
    Bakr bin Wael is one of the largest branch , which is believed that Bakr the son of Wael is the common ancestor for this tribe .
    Most of Bakr bin Wael Migrated to Mesopotamia and south eastern Anatolia in the 7th century , even '' Diyarbakır '' city in south eastern Turkey was named after Bakr bin Wael , in Arabic [Diyarbakır] means homes of Bakr or lands of Bakr tribe .

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Abd.H For This Useful Post:


  12. #7
    J Man
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmoush View Post
    Wael is an ancient ancestor which is believed to be the common ancestor for many Arabian tribes .
    Bakr bin Wael is one of the largest branch , which is believed that Bakr the son of Wael is the common ancestor for this tribe .
    Most of Bakr bin Wael Migrated to Mesopotamia and south eastern Anatolia in the 7th century , even '' Diyarbakır '' city in south eastern Turkey was named after Bakr bin Wael , in Arabic [Diyarbakır] means homes of Bakr or lands of Bakr tribe .
    Your mention of Arabs in Anatolia reminded me of Sheikh Edebali who was quite influential in the shaping of the early Ottoman state. Sheikh Edebali apparently also belonged to the Banu Tamim tribe which has a good amount of Y-DNA haplogroup J2a among it's members.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheikh_Edebali

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to J Man For This Useful Post:

     Abd.H (06-25-2016)

  14. #8
    Registered Users
    Posts
    131
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-L243
    mtDNA (M)
    J1d1

    Iraq
    Quote Originally Posted by J Man View Post
    Thank you for this information! It is quite useful and very interesting. I did not know that Y-DNA haplogroup J2a was found among the Mesopotamian Marsh Arabs tribes in Southern Iraq. Do you have any information about the frequencies of Y-DNA haplogroup J2a among certain Marsh Arab tribes?
    Those Y-DNA haplogroup J2a results are not part of genetic study.Actually they were tested separately by private Tribal DNA projects on FTDNA.

    The Marsh Arabs Tribes that I was speaking about were not included in El-Zahery's famous study which solely concentrated on ((Eastern)) Marsh Arabs (Hawizah Marshes)along the Iranian border,On the other hand I meant the western Marsh Arabs,Unfortunately their wetlands were drained during and after the 1991 uprisings .

    I'll try to attach a map that show the previous geographic location of those tribes.
    Pages from Wilfred Thesiger, Jon Lee Anderson The_Marsh Arabs___2008-1.jpg

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Babylon_74 For This Useful Post:

     palamede (07-02-2016)

  16. #9
    Registered Users
    Posts
    131
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-L243
    mtDNA (M)
    J1d1

    Iraq
    Quote Originally Posted by J Man View Post
    the Banu Tamim tribe which has a good amount of Y-DNA haplogroup J2a among it's members.
    there's The Bou Ellyan -Nejdi Temimi branch- which forms a huge cluster under (F3133>F3369),Needless to say about some Iraqi Temimi tribal samples which definately falls under the category of J2 haplogoup.Such as kit#304585,and kit#304624

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Babylon_74 For This Useful Post:


  18. #10
    J Man
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylon_74 View Post
    Those Y-DNA haplogroup J2a results are not part of genetic study.Actually they were tested separately by private Tribal DNA projects on FTDNA.

    The Marsh Arabs Tribes that I was speaking about were not included in El-Zahery's famous study which solely concentrated on ((Eastern)) Marsh Arabs (Hawizah Marshes)along the Iranian border,On the other hand I meant the western Marsh Arabs,Unfortunately their wetlands were drained during and after the 1991 uprisings .

    I'll try to attach a map that show the previous geographic location of those tribes.
    Pages from Wilfred Thesiger, Jon Lee Anderson The_Marsh Arabs___2008-1.jpg
    I know that you mentioned some of them above but can you please list the Marsh Arab tribes in which Y-DNA haplogroup J2a is present?

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Iranian Arabs
    By Censored in forum Western
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-25-2019, 05:40 PM
  2. arabs in the maghreb (maghrebi arabs) from Hilalians and banu maqil invasion ?
    By dark-mysterio in forum General Sociology/Ethnology
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-29-2016, 02:21 PM
  3. Marsh Arabs of Iraq
    By NK19191 in forum Other
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-14-2015, 07:12 PM
  4. The Marsh Arabs of Iraq
    By Alanson in forum General Sociology/Ethnology
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-16-2015, 11:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •