Y-DNA
    R1b S21184, BY50830+
    mtDNA
    U4b1a2 - FGS

Canada England Wales Netherlands France Cornwall
    Quote Originally Posted by Passa View Post
    If this is confirmed, I have already an hypothesis:

Premises

If these are indeed D cases, it means that there's no more real DE* cases left in Africa. While there's still a possibility for Tibetan DE* cases to be in fact M174+, there is a real Syrian DE(xM174,M96) left.

Hypothesis

1) DE* originated in West Eurasia
    2) D* and E* both originated in West Eurasia (see high-D Ainu and their West Eurasian autosomal tendence)
    3) Both of them migrated towards Africa and East Asia
    4) D failed in Africa and survived only in small isolated pockets; E failed in East Eurasia. Today E dominates Africa and D is restricted to isolated/mountainous populations in East Asia and South Asia
    I don't understand the motive of "back to Africa", why couldn't DE have split within Africa? Perhaps the Eastern Asian remnants of D-M174+ are the only ones who survived that particular OOA expansion?
    YDNA: R1b-Z220 (A7066+) (1800's Stepney, London(Bethnal Green), UK George Wood b. 1782
    maternal-grandfather YDNA: prob. I1 Gurr, George 1843, Feversham, Kent, England.
    maternal-grandmother YDNA: R1b-P311+ Beech, John Richard b. 1780, Lewes, England
    maternal-ggrandfather YDNA R1b-U106 Thomas, Edward b 1854, Sittingbourne, Kent
    paternal-ggf YDNA: R1b-L48. Gould, John Somerset England 1800s.
    paternal-ggf YDNA: R1b-L48. Scott, William Hamilton mdka Ireland(?) < 1800s

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ADW_1981 For This Useful Post:

Power77 (11-20-2016)

Registered Users
    Y-DNA
    I-S336
    mtDNA
    K1c1

Quote Originally Posted by Passa View Post
    If this is confirmed, I have already an hypothesis:

Premises

If these are indeed D cases, it means that there's no more real DE* cases left in Africa. While there's still a possibility for Tibetan DE* cases to be in fact M174+, there is a real Syrian DE(xM174,M96) left.

Hypothesis

1) DE* originated in West Eurasia
    2) D* and E* both originated in West Eurasia (see high-D Ainu and their West Eurasian autosomal tendence)
    3) Both of them migrated towards Africa and East Asia
    4) D failed in Africa and survived only in small isolated pockets; E failed in East Eurasia. Today E dominates Africa and D is restricted to isolated/mountainous populations in East Asia and South Asia
    Ainus didn't seem to have West Eurasian tendencies according to this. They're pretty much pure East Eurasian, though perhaps an old branch.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Shaikorth For This Useful Post:

Observer (11-21-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Anglo
    Nationality
    Canadian

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikorth View Post
    Ainus didn't seem to have West Eurasian tendencies according to this. They're pretty much pure East Eurasian, though perhaps an old branch.
    The Ainu did have a marginally greater affinity to West Eurasians in D stats:
    D(Yoruba, Sardinian; Ainu, X)
    Ami: -0.0035 -1.331
    Atayal: -0.0043 -1.481
    Dai: -0.0057 -2.305
    Lahu: -0.0049 -1.907
    Sherpa: -0.0031 -1.249

Consistent but not really significant.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Megalophias For This Useful Post:

DMXX (11-10-2015),  Power77 (11-20-2016)

Registered Users
    Y-DNA
    I-S336
    mtDNA
    K1c1

Quote Originally Posted by Megalophias View Post
    The Ainu did have a marginally greater affinity to West Eurasians in D stats:
    D(Yoruba, Sardinian; Ainu, X)
    Ami: -0.0035 -1.331
    Atayal: -0.0043 -1.481
    Dai: -0.0057 -2.305
    Lahu: -0.0049 -1.907
    Sherpa: -0.0031 -1.249

Consistent but not really significant.
    Was that in the supplements? I didn't have access to that, do you have a link? The usual threshold for significance is 3, so it makes sense they didn't mention it in the main paper.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Anglo
    Nationality
    Canadian

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikorth View Post
    Was that in the supplements? I didn't have access to that, do you have a link? The usual threshold for significance is 3, so it makes sense they didn't mention it in the main paper.
    I don't have it either, but someone posted a link to some of the supplementary info in the recent comments at Eurogenes.

Yeah, it is pretty borderline, it may not mean anything. There is no such pull toward MA-1 or Amerindians, so it doesn't seem to be ANE.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Megalophias For This Useful Post:

Power77 (11-20-2016)

Registered Users
    Y-DNA
    I-S336
    mtDNA
    K1c1

Quote Originally Posted by Megalophias View Post
    I don't have it either, but someone posted a link to some of the supplementary info in the recent comments at Eurogenes.

Yeah, it is pretty borderline, it may not mean anything. There is no such pull toward MA-1 or Amerindians, so it doesn't seem to be ANE.
    Okay, found it. Ainu have statistically insignificant but consistent pull towards West Eurasians compared to Sherpa, but also towards Papuans who are more distant from West Eurasians than East Eurasians are. OTOH nothing towards Amerindians or Neanderthals/Denisovans. I would really like to see those stats with an ape outgroup instead of Yoruba to ascertain it is not related to African population history.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shaikorth For This Useful Post:

Megalophias (11-10-2015),  Observer (11-21-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    E-Y37093
    mtDNA
    F2f2

Azerbaijan

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Farroukh For This Useful Post:

palamede (07-05-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12