Caucasian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    J-M241
    mtDNA
    H16

Luxembourg Germany France Ireland United Kingdom Austria
    Considering that human populations in Europe were confined to southern and southeastern Europe up until the end of the ice age due to the expansion of the ice sheets, it would make sense, especially since mtDNA haplogroup H has been in Europe since the time of the Gravettian culture and H16 is a more recently evolved subclade based on the information that I've been presented with. But again, the fact that it's been discovered in Neolithic samples in Germany prior to 6,000 B.P. is proof that its expansion took place at an earlier time.
    Last edited by slamberty; 06-22-2017 at 07:10 PM.

Hi everybody!

According to my Geno 2.0 test, my maternal line is H16-T152C! I know my mother ancestors until 1826, 5 generations deep. They were all born in the same place, Penészlek, former Szatmár county, Hungary. I also carry the blood of the first farmers on my father's side (E-Z17107) This may be true of our maternal branch as well.

The first farmers arrived 8.000 years ago, from the south. The Starcevo-Körös-Cris culture.

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Northern European
    Y-DNA
    N-M178
    mtDNA
    H16

My maternal haplogroup is H16. The farthest I can trace on my female line with out any doubts is currently to early 1800s.
    My 5th Great-Grandma's surname was Ritter/Reiter (b. 1820, Germany). Her parents were likely from Neckarbischofsheim, Heidelberg, Baden, Germany.
    Last edited by halfinn; 04-14-2018 at 02:49 PM.

DNA & Genealogy Together
    Father's ancestry: 100% Finnish (62.5% Oulu, 25% Tornio, 12.5% Kärsämäki); distant Swedish.
    Mother's ancestry: about 70% English, Scottish, some Irish. 25% German & Dutch. 5% Norwegian, other Scandinavian.

I lose trace of my matrilinear ancestors in 17th century Schleswig-Holstein:
    The earliest known progenitor in female line is Antje Kühl (mother's maiden name probably Arp) in
    Höhndorf (parish Schönberg), Probstei, Holstein NE of Kiel.

The area was settled by Lowlanders (Dutchmen) in the 13th century and had been ethnically stable since.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12