Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b DF27>FGC17112
    mtDNA (M)
    V

FGC17112 Exploration Thread

Introduction.

FGC17112 is a subclade of DF27 that sits at level 4 under DF27.
    The path is DF27>ZZ12>ZZ19>Z31644>FGC17112

See http://ytree.net/DisplayTree.php?blockID=907&star=false

Statistics

Total positives testers as of December 2015: 9
    Total positive lineages as of December 2015: 7
    Most SNPs tested in BigY: 40
    Least SNPs tested in BigY: 34

Count of earliest known ancestor location by country (excludes multiples from same lineage)

1 Denmark
    1 England
    1 Finland
    1 Wales
    1 Switzerland
    2 United States emigrants

FGC17112 Genealogy Exploration Tree

The FGC17112 tree includes NGS results, panel results and individual SNP results. These three do not easily lend themselves to an easy tree based comparison as panel tests and individual tests do not by their nature often test all snips in a snp block. So this tree will use panels and single tests to break blocks but will otherwise assume someone who has panel/single tested at least one snp in a block is positive for all until established otherwise through further testing. It is therefore a tree to highlight further genealogical exploration opportunities as opposed to an accurate phylogenetic tree. For that simply refer to Yfull’s tree.

Click on the image below to display the tree.

FGC17112.jpg
    Last edited by Earl Davis; 12-17-2015 at 12:14 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl Davis For This Useful Post:

Kvenlander (12-17-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b - FGC17112
    mtDNA (M)
    W1b1

Finland
    I must compare the STR results, especially to the Danish FGC17112 person. I have two Finnish matches that I suspect to be FGC17112. I have found a genealogical connection between the two, from the 17th century but I do not share a surname with them in the modern times. I also have a bit more distant match from Norway, whose MDKA is from Sweden. The latter has taken the Backbone test and was confirmed DF27 but I do not know, whether also DF27 SNP pack has been ordered. If the above group turns out to be related, there could well be a Nordic cluster, a cousin to BY3290. So, under FGC17112, there would be an Atlantic and Nordic clusters. Very exciting in any case.

Like I wrote on FTDNA site, my is money on the Nordic Bronze Age. During this time there was a significant settlement activity by the (Proto-)Germanics on the Finnish Coast and all over Scandinavia. This was also the time when the Germanics were in close contact with the Celts and learned new technologies and culture from them. Would explain both the Wels and Nordic clusters. There are other explanations, as well. During the Younger Roman iron Age (50-400 AD) there were strong Scandinavian settlements in Western Finland, which could explain Finnish-Swedish relations beyond two thousand years. Again in the Migratory Period there are so strong resemblances in the grave goods, especially weapons and wine vessels, between Finland and Central Europe (which is absent from Scandinavia apart from Denmark) that the historians have concluded this can only be a result of either a migration of some Germanic Tribe to the West Coast of Finland or a mass participation of Finnish men as merceneries to the Germanic kings, who would have then brought their weapons back home and had been buried in the Germanic barbaric Christian style with a spatha style sword, two spears (throwing and fighting), a "messer", a shield and a roman wine vessel, in copper or glass.

If the connection is from earlier, maybe the battle axe culture could explain the connection. However, I believe my MDKA to Earl is from the Bronze Age, so the stone age split seems implausible.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kvenlander For This Useful Post:

ArmandoR1b (12-17-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF27 FGC17112
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a1

My line is also Danish.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chad Rohlfsen For This Useful Post:

Earl Davis (12-17-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b - FGC17112
    mtDNA (M)
    W1b1

Finland
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rohlfsen View Post
    My line is also Danish.
    Hello Chad. Are you also part of the FGC17112 group?

Of course, I meant to say my most distant COMMON ancestor to Earl is from the Bronze Age.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF27 FGC17112
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a1

I haven't joined the group yet, but I will. I'm kit B5178, on the DF27 group.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b - FGC17112
    mtDNA (M)
    W1b1

Finland
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rohlfsen View Post
    I haven't joined the group yet, but I will. I'm kit B5178, on the DF27 group.
    Yes, I can see you have been added already. It seems we have a GD of 12 @37STR if I don't count the several steps. I am not quite certain how to calculate those but it is pretty distant. However, there are some similarities, as well. I have to hope that my Norwegian match would also join DF27 project. I know he is DF27 and was interested of taking the DF27 SNP pack. I have three other Finnish matches (no shared surname) that could also be FGC17112 and two have indicated of being interested of further testing.

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    DF27, FGC15743
    mtDNA (M)
    T2f3

I moved three guys into group F4 (FGC17112) about 36 hours ago. They are the three shown as FGC17112 or BY3290. The new SNP pack's haplogroup assignment seems to be prioritized above whatever the BigY called (which was based on an earlier and much shorter list of known SNPs). You might want to look in on your Haplotree display and see if anything in the vicinity of your current terminal SNP is still "in progress," or whether (e.g.) you have BY3290- in the display of negative tested SNPs.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to razyn For This Useful Post:

Kvenlander (12-17-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    British
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b DF27>FGC17112
    mtDNA (M)
    V

We also have another tester in the Rice surname project who has tested FGC17114. They are not currently in the DF27 project so we now have two members of the RICE family confirmed in the group.

I started to try and identify possible candidate members in surname groups last year based on STRs. So far I have found...

Long Group M
    Rice Group 4
    Morris Group 3
    Wynn Group M

As well as Lake. Any other suggestions from anyone?

Earl.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF27 FGC17112
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a1

Quote Originally Posted by razyn View Post
    I moved three guys into group F4 (FGC17112) about 36 hours ago. They are the three shown as FGC17112 or BY3290. The new SNP pack's haplogroup assignment seems to be prioritized above whatever the BigY called (which was based on an earlier and much shorter list of known SNPs). You might want to look in on your Haplotree display and see if anything in the vicinity of your current terminal SNP is still "in progress," or whether (e.g.) you have BY3290- in the display of negative tested SNPs.
    Everything under it says negative, for mine.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b - FGC17112
    mtDNA (M)
    W1b1

Finland
    I cannot find BY3290 in my Big Y results. In the haplotree it is showing "presumed negative". Why would this be, if I am positive for FGC17112?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast