Sex
    Nationality
    Finnish
    mtDNA (M)
    H1n4
    Y-DNA (P)
    I1d3a

Finland
    Ok basque I think there are many of us who have quite same kind of dreams , I think nightmare type dreams like you.

In some of my dreams I'm travelling by bus and I'm not able to no way to reach airport or other destination in time. And all the time you are in a big hurry and you can not reach the place or the members of the group you are with. Not nice but it is only a dream....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to utR! For This Useful Post:

basque (01-23-2013)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Finnish
    mtDNA (M)
    H1n4
    Y-DNA (P)
    I1d3a

Finland
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinton P View Post
    A tipple before bedtime cuts the time it takes to first nod off and sends us into a deep sleep. However, it also robs us of one of our most satisfying types of sleep, where dreams occur.

Click here to read more about this story.

Clinton P
    Thanks for the article. Alcohol is not a sleeping tablet and it does harm your breathing system + snoring is getting worser. There are other ways which may be helpfull when trying to get asleep ......hmmm counting sheeps

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    European
    Nationality
    English
    mtDNA (M)
    V10b2
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-L1228 (my dad)

England Denmark Ireland Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by tuuli View Post
    Thanks for the article. Alcohol is not a sleeping tablet and it does harm your breathing system + snoring is getting worser. There are other ways which may be helpfull when trying to get asleep ......hmmm counting sheeps
    Sometimes if I cant get to sleep I have a bannana it seems to work for me, makes me feel calm and relaxed

basque
    Me: Susan Ackroyd mito hg V10b2 kit no 171791 Gedmatch ftdna T171791

My dad Maurice Arthur Cotton Y dna I-L1228. L1227-L1228+L623-L801-CTS9183-
    coincidentally my dads mito hg is also V

Places: Yorkshire, Lancashire, Birmingham Warwickshire, Worcestershire, London, Denmark, Cumbria, Scotland.

Profile photo taken in Devon England 2017

Floss Stretch Lift Weights Hidden Content

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Finnish
    mtDNA (M)
    H1n4
    Y-DNA (P)
    I1d3a

Finland
    Have you seen any dreams whicha came true or partly in real life?

I had one. I woke after seeing it because it felt so real. And forgot it.

The dream was like this: I was sitting on the front seat of the bus in right hand side when the driver could no more keep the steering weel steady and we approached the bridge and a lake. The bus dropped into the water and next thing was I was offsore after swimming long way and alive.

I can not remember how much time after it I travelled in a bus to Viipuri in Karelia in Russian to get some humanitary things there. There is a huge bridge just before Viipuri city (belonged to Finland before the second word war) and suddendly something happened. The driver had to keep with his muscle power the steering weel steady.

The speed was very slow after that. It was Saturday and luckily there was a place we got helped and they welded partly broken power steering thing. The driver was in sort of shock and refused not to drive that buss to St. Petersburg. So we got another bus and we moved all the things we had with.

In that dream I was saved and also in real situation nothing bad happened in that high brigde. Later I heard it was a hole in that road and weel went to it. Also it was an old bus but luckily we had old experienced and good driver who handeled it just well. But it was a big shock for him.

tuuli

6. The Following User Says Thank You to utR! For This Useful Post:

Scarlet Ibis (01-26-2013)

Registered Users
    Sex
    mtDNA (M)
    K2b1
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-YP406(xYP402)

To me the most impressive dream I ever had was a lucid dream I had years ago. In case someone doesn't know: A lucid dream is a dream where you're aware that you're dreaming. I had had lucid dreams several times, but in this particularly impressive one I'm talking about, I was philosophically interested in my perception. Thus, while asleep and dreaming, I examined my dreamed environment with very concentrated awareness, intensely with all my dreamed senses. And I was amazed how real it all felt. I could see, touch and feel the objects around me, and they felt exactly like real objects, there was no difference at all. I guess people experimenting with hallucinogenic drugs may experience similar things. And when I was awake again, I was seriously amazed, how I could see, smell, hear and feel things without making use of my eyes, ears, nose and hands. And that a world that appeared to be completely real could arise just from the activities of my brain, just depending on how the billions of neurons in my brain communicated with each other. Actually it's hard to believe that this is possible at all. And since then I tend to believe that our everyday experience is caused the same way like dreams, just with the difference that it's guided by sense data. But I no longer believe that I'm looking through my eyes into the real word, rather what I see is some kind of dream built on sense data.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Simon_W For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (01-02-2017),  Helgenes50 (01-02-2017),  JMcB (01-02-2017),  utR! (01-09-2017)

Banned
    Sex
    The airport staff told me this was North America.
    Ethnicity
    Western European
    Nationality
    Undecided
    mtDNA (M)
    V2a
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b (R-M222)

Scotland England Wales Ireland Sweden Norway Kven
    I actually don't really dream or least don't remember them.

Unless they are a rather good nightmare. Or actually sort of precognitive, I've experienced my fair share of déjà vu moments. I mean months ago went to an interview where I was hired on the spot. I knew the chap was going to introduce me to his staff before he even started because well I'd actually dreamt it. Had to bite my cheek to keep from smiling like a goofball as he did so.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Finnish
    mtDNA (M)
    H1n4
    Y-DNA (P)
    I1d3a

Finland
    I think dreams are good for our mental health even the nightmares. In them there can be some kind of warning. I'm not sure if I wrote here about a dream I had about 10 years ago. I was in a bus when the driver lost quickly the control of the steering wheel. I did all he was able but the bus dropped to the water before the bridge. All I remember that I was alive after comimg up from the water on the other side of the water or lake I can not remember well.

It took few years or shorter I was in a old bus to Vyborg in Russian. Suddenly one of the weel went to a small pit. Driver used all his pover to keep the buss straight in a old bridge of Vyborg (the railings of the bridge are not high and not in good condition).

Luckily we managed to go to the carage and men welded half a broken power steering. Driver was shocked long time and refused to use that bus to St. Petersburg. We got old swedish buss used in the city trafic.

After that I remembered my dream and told it to all in a buss. There was a similiarity with a dream and an actual accident up high on the bridge. Still I think was there a possibility to fall down from quite high bridge. I'm thankful I'm alive.

Do have had dreams which came true after some time?

Best

utR!/tuuli

Sex
    Ethnicity
    mixed
    Nationality
    Australian

Dream fish or nightmare fish . An interesting phenomena - Hamilton ( of the psychotropic chemical series ; 'Hamilton's Pharmacopeia' tv series ) took some . He later reported to his fellow scientists who were later examining the substances in the lab ; "It wasnt too bad ... but I did wake up several times in the night screaming . " .....

Then there is the whole big issue (in my neck of the woods ) re 'dreamtime ' ( a word which may have been used inappropriately for translation ? ) . But does open up the whole context of what we now call 'the unconscious' (or even nowadays 'the subconscious' ) and its relationship and function in early man.

With this in mind , the 'cave experience' , cave art and style , might be seen to have deeper implications ... one just does not get that from the images in still pictures ... it should be a living moving experience.

In regard to this I highly recommend Werner Herzog's ' Cave of Forgotten Dreams ' .

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by specul8 View Post
    Dream fish or nightmare fish . An interesting phenomena - Hamilton ( of the psychotropic chemical series ; 'Hamilton's Pharmacopeia' tv series ) took some . He later reported to his fellow scientists who were later examining the substances in the lab ; "It wasnt too bad ... but I did wake up several times in the night screaming . " .....

Then there is the whole big issue (in my neck of the woods ) re 'dreamtime ' ( a word which may have been used inappropriately for translation ? ) . But does open up the whole context of what we now call 'the unconscious' (or even nowadays 'the subconscious' ) and its relationship and function in early man.

With this in mind , the 'cave experience' , cave art and style , might be seen to have deeper implications ... one just does not get that from the images in still pictures ... it should be a living moving experience.

In regard to this I highly recommend Werner Herzog's ' Cave of Forgotten Dreams ' .
    Interesting! This hints to me the Jungian concept of Archetypes and shared consciousness (perhaps ancestrally inherent or even inherited). First let me say that IMO the most effectual approach to using dream life to help us in our real time experiences is made manifest in Gestalt therapy. The theory is that since they came from within us and we manifest the elements and themes in our sleep state they are all part of US...who we are in the present and may contain hints to our emotional or experiential past or potential futures but to get hold of that we must identify with and become each element NOW in the present and address each element for its meaning now...

For example, one might use an empty chair in dialogue and say "I am a house, dark and empty full of unknowns" and so on. After a few sessions like this the dreams actually speak to us about who we are, how we feel and fear, and so on, in the NOW!

But Jung hit a nerve when he recognized common patterns among all dreamers (I saw this most pronounced in a woman name Salome that I speak with often about her dreams). Sh has come to notice themes (being lost, chased, alone, often on a house nor trying to get home and so on) and with a friend named Farryl who dreams about spirals and patterns always leading him to a center but never arriving.

Systems of classification and interpretation of symbols is fine but as with all systems of classification they are man made and serve that person's (the interpreters) personal approach or theory (even Taxonomy is such a system)...these however are not always accurate or useful and sometimes proven to be in error (we are after all only human).

But once I read Ego and Archetype by Eddinger I had to go and explore Jung more fully and found his work a clear link between the work of others (like Joseph Campbell) and how different cultures have common associations...and found it to be quite reasonable in many aspects.

Finally, as we know, dreams are sometimes nothing more than a way of dealing with aspects of our reality we cannot face in the conscious life and sometimes related to having eaten a monstrous culinary combination before bed but there are reasons for dreaming that I believe are keys to human psyche in the context of our unique ancestral cultures (for example I have read that Tunisian and Filipino people report a greater number of night terrors) the question as to why has not been answered.

So has anybody else considered this archetype approach? What do you think about us sharing common dream themes? Please comment....

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul Shunamon For This Useful Post:

utR! (09-10-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Finnish
    mtDNA (M)
    H1n4
    Y-DNA (P)
    I1d3a

Finland
    I think it is a good idea to share common dream themes. Maybe maybe the dreams of sexual are a bit difficult to share but I wonder if there are any who does not have them. I can say myhalf that that they are quite often hidden themes, just a hint of something but forbidden for me. But I think that we are created sexual beings so why it would be in dreams somehow, is it shameflull and why?

Mostly I do go and visit places houses and meet people. But also there maybe sometimes a stressing athomosphere and I'm quite often late and miss the buss or can find the place. It's frustrating and later on I try to figure out what that all meant to me is it hidden in unconsiusness and come up in my dreams.

Nice dreams,

utR!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast