Thread: Z30503.. restricted to south asia?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA
    Z30522+
    mtDNA
    C4a1a (T195C!)

India United States of America Chola Empire India Maratha Empire

Z30503.. restricted to south asia?

Thanks to Ray, Z30503 is available as an SNP test at FTDNA. It is downstream of P303. So far two south indian brahmins and a pakistani punjabi sample from 1K genome are positive while those from europe are negative.
    If anyone knows P303 samples that are negative for known subgroups, please consider testing for this SNP after joining the haplogroup G root level project at FTDNA.
    Paternal YDNA: G-P303+ -> G-Z30522+
    Paternal mtDNA: U7a3b1
    Maternal YDNA: R-Z2123+ -> R-YP526+
    Maternal mtDNA: C4a1 (T195C!)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to soulblighter For This Useful Post:

Anabasis (02-09-2016),  BMG (01-10-2016),  palamede (01-30-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA
    Z30522+
    mtDNA
    C4a1a (T195C!)

If anyone is M278+, please test for Z30503! This would confirm their relationship.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to soulblighter For This Useful Post:

Anabasis (02-09-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA
    Z30522+
    mtDNA
    C4a1a (T195C!)

The G-Z30503 club is getting bigger!
    The most exciting sample is one from Tatarstan, which is Z30503*
    Another sample is from Ukraine and under Z40458 (subclade of Z30503) like mine.

So I now have my paternal YDNA (G-Z30503+), maternal YDNA (R1a-Z2123+) and maternal mtDNA (C4a1) all connecting my ancestry to people currently living in the Tatarstan region of Russia....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to soulblighter For This Useful Post:

palamede (01-02-2019)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Denmark and Sicily
    Nationality
    U.S. American
    Y-DNA
    G-Z30503* - YFull
    mtDNA
    T2b24b1 - YFull

United States of America Denmark Italy Sicily
    Hello Soulblighter,

You have a new club member. I received my FTDNA result today for my Big Y-700 test and I now have a confirmed Y DNA haplogroup of G-Z30503

Now the kicker - My direct paternal line is from Sicily, Italy. I have traced it back to the 1700's so far. I do show a small percentage of Anatolian/Middle Eastern DNA ranging from less than 1% up to 2% depending on the company. So I would assume that this is probably coming from the same ancestors that gave me my Y DNA.

Side note: My maternal line is 100% northern and western European, Denmark to be precise - mtDNA haplogroup T2b24.

The question that I have that will probably never be answered is how in the world this Y haplogroup ended up in Sicily in the first place. My current theory is that a paternal descendant of Middle-Eastern origins might have come to Sicily as part of the Muslim occupation of the 800's and left a little of himself (a Y Chromosome to be specific) behind. Or maybe possibly even farther back during Greek/Roman times as a lot of trade went back and forth - Who knows.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GenealogyMike For This Useful Post:

palamede (02-26-2019),  soulblighter (02-28-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA
    Z30522+
    mtDNA
    C4a1a (T195C!)

Quote Originally Posted by GenealogyMike View Post
    Hello Soulblighter,

You have a new club member. I received my FTDNA result today for my Big Y-700 test and I now have a confirmed Y DNA haplogroup of G-Z30503

Now the kicker - My direct paternal line is from Sicily, Italy. I have traced it back to the 1700's so far. I do show a small percentage of Anatolian/Middle Eastern DNA ranging from less than 1% up to 2% depending on the company. So I would assume that this is probably coming from the same ancestors that gave me my Y DNA.

Side note: My maternal line is 100% northern and western European, Denmark to be precise - mtDNA haplogroup T2b24.

The question that I have that will probably never be answered is how in the world this Y haplogroup ended up in Sicily in the first place. My current theory is that a paternal descendant of Middle-Eastern origins might have come to Sicily as part of the Muslim occupation of the 800's and left a little of himself (a Y Chromosome to be specific) behind. Or maybe possibly even farther back during Greek/Roman times as a lot of trade went back and forth - Who knows.
    Haplogroup G is extremely understudied, and is most likely associated with all major ancient civilizations. I would encourage you to submit results to yfull if you haven't already so that they can expand G-Z30503 tree!
    There is a sample from Tatarstan in Russia as well apart from the Ukraine sample and now your ancestry from Sicily most likely shows it may all boil down to those that carried agriculture, farming and the idea of settled civilization all over the old world.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to soulblighter For This Useful Post:

palamede (03-03-2019)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Denmark and Sicily
    Nationality
    U.S. American
    Y-DNA
    G-Z30503* - YFull
    mtDNA
    T2b24b1 - YFull

Thank you for your feedback. I am in the process of doing the upload to yfull - Just waiting on my BAM file to finish generating at FTDNA. A project manager in the G Uncategorized&root group in FTDNA groups suggested I do the same. It will be interesting to see what conclusions they come up with at yfull.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GenealogyMike For This Useful Post:

palamede (03-03-2019),  soulblighter (03-09-2019)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Denmark and Sicily
    Nationality
    U.S. American
    Y-DNA
    G-Z30503* - YFull
    mtDNA
    T2b24b1 - YFull

Well - The plot thickens!

I got my YFull result back today - Not much of a change. Went from G-Z30503 to G-Z30503* - I guess that means they think I should be in a new terminal subclade but are not sure how to categorize it? Its just me and a Russian with this status at the moment.

Mike Guzzetta_YFull_Y DNA_G-Z30503..JPG

Guess I will just wait till some more G-Z30503's test and end up in the same pickle jar?
    Last edited by GenealogyMike; 03-23-2019 at 11:42 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GenealogyMike For This Useful Post:

aaronbee2010 (03-23-2019),  palamede (03-29-2019)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Denmark and Sicily
    Nationality
    U.S. American
    Y-DNA
    G-Z30503* - YFull
    mtDNA
    T2b24b1 - YFull

Just a quick update,

Mr. Ray Banks from the G-Uncategorized&Root project on FTDNA just sent me a extremely in-depth e-mail regarding my G-Z30503* status and the next step he needed me to take to further his analysis. The journey continues...

This excerpt from Mr. Banks' e-mail may be of interest to you all:

"On your attached spreadsheet, your unique mutations (with my notes) are listed first. I changed the tree today to show a new subgroup under Z30503. The mutations that previously were shown shared by all men are shown in the second section of your spreadsheet called Mother Group Mutations. You have negative results for Z30519 and Z30521 (in green). But everyone else underZ30503 are positive for these two mutations. These men are from India, Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, and Ukraine. The samples are from BigY or the 1000 Genomes Project or the Human Genome Diversity Project. So these Z30519 men moved around southwestern Asia, and your ancestor apparently moved at some time to Italy. The major splitting at 10,000 years ago in most locations was during a period of hunter-gatherers, but agriculture was just beginning in the area of Iraq, Syria and Turkey then."

16. The Following User Says Thank You to GenealogyMike For This Useful Post:

palamede (03-29-2019)