Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: italian j1, questions about my haplogroup

Sure these results are accurate? I see snps on ftdna that I have been tested negative for with other companies.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Arab
    Nationality
    Tunisia
    Y-DNA
    J-YSC76 J-ZS1727
    mtDNA
    H7

Tunisia Canada Quebec Saudi Arabia Palestine Egypt Jordan
    hi
    i am Tunisian and i got J-ZS1727 result from familytreeDNA. Some of you said that J-ZS1727 is Jewish, i think it's true, when we think of judaism as a religion not an ethnic group. my family name belongs to an arabic tribe that came from an older tribe from Old Yemen. It was a Himyarite yemeni Tribe. When we speak about Himyar, we speak about a jewish Kingdom with kings that imposed Judaism to many yemeni tribes. After the Himyarite jewish kingdom collapsed, many yemeni jewish tribes immigrated outside yemen. many tribes became christian and then became muslim. in the arabic world, the only people i found with iJ-ZS1727 are yemeni.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Nationality
    Italian
    Y-DNA
    J1>ZS241>BY143137
    mtDNA
    H6a1b3

Italy Italy 1861-1946 Greece
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-iJ-ZS1727 View Post
    hi
    i am Tunisian and i got J-ZS1727 result from familytreeDNA. Some of you said that J-ZS1727 is Jewish, i think it's true, when we think of judaism as a religion not an ethnic group. my family name belongs to an arabic tribe that came from an older tribe from Old Yemen. It was a Himyarite yemeni Tribe. When we speak about Himyar, we speak about a jewish Kingdom with kings that imposed Judaism to many yemeni tribes. After the Himyarite jewish kingdom collapsed, many yemeni jewish tribes immigrated outside yemen. many tribes became christian and then became muslim. in the arabic world, the only people i found with iJ-ZS1727 are yemeni.
    Im also ZS1727 from south italy in town called valva in provine if Salerno , regione campania, and no known jewish ancestors

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Nationality
    Italian
    Y-DNA
    J1>ZS241>BY143137
    mtDNA
    H6a1b3

Italy Italy 1861-1946 Greece
    Hi group today i recieved my results from ftdna V3snp pack, its J1-ZS241.
    So we can say that the geno to ftdna transfer is fake

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to francesco-s91 For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (05-19-2018),  patrizio22 (08-20-2018),  sam-iJ-ZS1727 (05-19-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Arab
    Nationality
    Tunisia
    Y-DNA
    J-YSC76 J-ZS1727
    mtDNA
    H7

Tunisia Canada Quebec Saudi Arabia Palestine Egypt Jordan
    i just got mines from Yseq, i am under FGC1707
    it confirms that ZS1727 result from Geno are fake.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sam-iJ-ZS1727 For This Useful Post:

Abd.H (05-20-2018),  patrizio22 (08-20-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    J1-PF4867
    mtDNA
    H1-am

United States of America Italy Ireland Germany Palatinate United Kingdom France
    Quote Originally Posted by J1 DYS388=13 View Post
    You are in good company, as you share the same branch as FTDNA founder Bennett Greenspan. A J1 Project administrator has labelled your branch "Yehudim," a word I have never heard before. http://genogenea.com/J-M267/tree
    Yehudim as in Dead Sea Scrolls (Qumran) and the Damascus Document codex?

Admin labeling YSC76 Tribe of Judah?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    J1-PF4867
    mtDNA
    H1-am

Any thoughts on the L829 expansion across the Mediterranean Sea?

Late Bronze Age, Sea Peoples, LBA collapse, later during the Phoenician period?

Any J1 subclades been identified from Ugarit and Hittite

Suspended Account
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    3/4 marche, 1/4 abruzzo
    Nationality
    Italian
    Y-DNA
    J-L823 ?
    mtDNA
    U5a1a1

Italy
    Hello, I have just received the results of the Y37 test at FTDNA. A little help would be welcome, it is a bit complicated and I'm probably less than intermediate on the matter.

Little CV: According to Geno my Y haplogroup is j-z1884, after the transfer to FTDNA it was first j-z1884 and then reviewed to J-ZS1727. I'm from the Marche region of eastern central Italy. In 1700 there were only 4 male individuals with my surname in my region, one of them is my ancestor, therefore the surname may have appeared about 1600. They may or may not have come from somewhere else. They were Christians, no record of Jewish ancestry. My surname was present from Galicia, Spain, to Russia, in most of the European countries. These are probably different lineages with different origins, none of them is marked as Jewish.

According to the Y37 test, I have no match for 37, no match for 25 and several matches for 12.

For the level Y12 they put a banner "Cohen match", it is, apparently, the Cohen Modal Haplotype. I've got about 50 exact matches (12 out of 12 markers). Some of my exact matches are J1, others are J2. None of the 50 exact matches has one of the several variants of the Cohen surname. (Katz, Rappaport, Agulay, Kogen, etc)

Among my 50 exact matches (12 out of 12), for those who are J1 like me, most sound like Arabs, only three sound like European Jews.

For the genetic distance -1 there are many Central and Eastern Europeans, many Ashkenazy Jews, just a few Cohen variants.

Is this Cohen match relevant to me with regard to the possible origin of my ancestors? What I mean is, is this haplotype found both among Arabs and Jews? Since my y haplogroup is J1 and more than half of my 50 exact matches for Y12 are J2 what does that say about the period in which lived the common paternal ancestor?

Does this haplotype give me a specific terminal SNP without me buying the SNP pack?

Thanks
    Last edited by patrizio22; 08-21-2018 at 07:56 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    J1-PF4867
    mtDNA
    H1-am

One should remember first Middle-Eastern Christians composed both Roman era Jewish other Semitic peoples of the region. Significant enough to result in the expulsion of Jews from Rome, Codex DIDACHE, Council of Jamnia (Birkat haMINIM), and later 2nd Revolt is the final division between the two Jewish sects that remained post first revolt. Last of the Hebrew Christians had been absorbed during the crusades, while in the east they continued until the 16th century with the Malibar Nasrani.

Given the Middle East Christians are somewhat of a insulated community from their Muslim cousins. How does ME Christians compare to J1 Italians with matches?

Following the Bronze age/sea peoples/Phoenician periods, and prior to Islamic expansion, this isn't discussed.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pegasusphm1 For This Useful Post:

patrizio22 (09-28-2018)

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314