R-Y7
    mtDNA (M)
    R30a1c
    Y-DNA (M)
    L-M357
    mtDNA (P)
    J1b1a1

Natgeno 2.0 nextgen autosomal test

Has anybody got the results from Nat Geno 2.0 next gen. They have supposedly 18 ancestral components which is double their previous version.If anybody got results please share it here .
    I have come across results of a malayali guy .
    His results was 53% southern Asian 37% central Asian 6% south east Asian and 3% Arabian .

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BMG For This Useful Post:

khanabadoshi (03-01-2016)

Registered Users
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-S336
    mtDNA (M)
    K1c1

Found the numbers and descriptions for their French and Argentinian references:

France:
    This reference population is based on groups living in modern-day France. The two largest components are Western/Central and Southern European. The former is a composite of early continental hunter-gatherers, some of which may have interacted and mixed with Neanderthals, and more recent migrations from the Middle East. The Southern European component is associated with agriculturalists arriving from the Fertile Crescent to Europe in the past 8,000 years, introducing crops such as wheat and barley.

Western and Central Europe
    59%
    Southern Europe
    21%
    Great Britain and Ireland
    7%
    Eastern Europe
    5%
    Jewish Diaspora
    3%
    Northern Africa
    2%
    Scandinavia
    2%

Argentinian:
    This reference population is based on people living in an urban setting in Argentina. The bio-geographic components are very diverse but include predominantly a mixture of groups from Central and Southern Europe, as well as Native American. Most groups in Central and South America, as well as the Caribbean, are a mixture of European, African, and Native American components.

Southern Europe
    29%
    Native American
    27%
    21%
    Western and Central Africa
    9%
    Northern Africa
    5%
    Asia Minor
    4%
    3%

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shaikorth For This Useful Post:

khanabadoshi (03-01-2016),  MatAust21 (03-02-2016),  Ricimer (02-01-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Tuscan Italian
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U152+Z36+
    mtDNA (M)
    U6a7a

Scotland Italy
    Is there a list of the ancestral components and what they consist of?
    Last edited by Cascio; 01-30-2016 at 11:08 AM.

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Nationality
    Irish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Df27- S21184
    mtDNA (M)
    H1B1H

Ireland
    I got 100% great Britain and Ireland on the Regional Ancestry.
    Y-DNA
    P305,M42,M168,P143,M89,M578,P128,M526,M45,M207,P23 1,M343, M269,P310.P312.
    R-Z270.
    MT-
    L3,N,R,R0,HV,H,H1,H1B,
    H1B1H.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to A.D. For This Useful Post:

Bronze Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Assamese Sutiya and Tai
    Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a1
    mtDNA (M)
    M13'46'61

India China Tajikistan Mongolia Russian Federation Thailand
    Quote Originally Posted by BMG View Post
    Has anybody got the results from Nat Geno 2.0 next gen. They have supposedly 18 ancestral components which is double their previous version.If anybody got results please share it here .
    I have come across results of a malayali guy .
    His results was 53% southern Asian 37% central Asian 6% south east Asian and 3% Arabian .
    My results being Assamese is as follows:

42% Southern Asian, 26% Central Asia, 20% Southeast Asia, 5% East Asia, 4% Siberian and 2% North African

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jortita For This Useful Post:

Kaido (03-01-2016),  khanabadoshi (03-01-2016),  Kurd (03-01-2016),  redifflal (03-01-2016),  Varun R (03-01-2016)

Bronze Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Assamese Sutiya and Tai
    Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a1
    mtDNA (M)
    M13'46'61

India China Tajikistan Mongolia Russian Federation Thailand
    BMG: Unless one of the malayali persons parents is from one of the tibeto Burmese northeast indian communities, 36% central asian doesn't make sense as this component is highest with Mongolian and altayan reference populations and not South Asian populations. I know of some Malayali with mixed Assamese Bodo and Manipuri heritage

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Scot
    Nationality
    American Naturalized
    Y-DNA (P)
    YP6291 R1a1a1b2a2a*
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c23

United States of America Scotland
    NG was last of the four testing companies I used to search for my ethnicity. I would highly suggest anyone doing testing with them to contact your project manager for verification of their results. No project, join one immediately!

NG has me at mtdna J1c4 and R-Z94. After verification I'm still at position J1c and NG is wrong. The R-Z94 is OK, but they should have tested downstream for Z2123 which would have come closer to Y15121. This too was verified by another P.M. In addition they also listed 22 positive snps which accordingly are false. They do not provide info on the tested negative snps.

Your First Reference Population: Irish
    This reference population is based on people native to Ireland. The large Great Britain and Ireland component reflects the genetic and cultural isolation of groups on the island for millennia after the early Holocene retreat of the glaciers that covered Northern Europe. The large Scandinavia component reflects the historical influence of the Nordic groups on Ireland, whereas the Western and Southern Europe components reflect genetic links to neighboring regions, which remain even after migrants reached Ireland after the retreat of the glaciers, as well as recent historical influences from Spain, France, and Italy.

Irish
    79%
    Scandinavia
    11%
    Southern Europe
    6%
    4%

You
    96%
    3%
    Arabia

Your Second Reference Population: Scottish
    This reference group is based on populations from Scotland, in the northern part of the island of Great Britain. This population is similar in genetic composition to our reference British population (England), yet the Scottish group shows greater influence from populations to the north, like Scandinavia and Arctic groups. The large Great Britain and Ireland component as well as the Scandinavian component are remnants from some of the first settlers of northern Europe, whereas the smaller components from mainland Europe show influence from migrations to the island after the arrival of agriculture to Europe some 8,000 years ago.

Scottish
    71%
    Scandinavia
    17%
    8%
    Finland and Siberia
    2%
    You
    96%
    3%
    Arabia

My reference populations are Irish and Scottish. There is no differentiation between the two. The results from the other companies have Scotch and Irish almost equal.

Anyone else with questionable results contact NG and FTDNA.

Registered Users
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-S336
    mtDNA (M)
    K1c1

Quote Originally Posted by jortita View Post
    BMG: Unless one of the malayali persons parents is from one of the tibeto Burmese northeast indian communities, 36% central asian doesn't make sense as this component is highest with Mongolian and altayan reference populations and not South Asian populations. I know of some Malayali with mixed Assamese Bodo and Manipuri heritage
    Pamiri Tajiks have 57% Central Asian, more than Altayans.

Here are averages for all their reference pops:

https://genographic.nationalgeograph...ions-next-gen/

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Shaikorth For This Useful Post:

MatAust21 (03-02-2016)

Gold Class Member
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Amerijoe View Post
    The R-Z94 is OK, but they should have tested downstream for Z2123 which would have come closer to Y15121.
    Your NG2+ results show G (the derived allele) at Z2121. Z2121 is at the R-Z2124 level. NG and/or FTDNA may eventually figure this out. In any case, this is a good reason for all NG2+ customers to transfer their results into an FTDNA account and then download their raw data files.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to lgmayka For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Bengali
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2A2 (R-P267)
    mtDNA (M)
    M52A

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikorth View Post
    Pamiri Tajiks have 57% Central Asian, more than Altayans.

Here are averages for all their reference pops:

https://genographic.nationalgeograph...ions-next-gen/
    I wonder how accurate their Indian populations (North, South, East, West) are this time around. Last time their North Indian looked way too Northeast-Asian biased. Unless they had tested some isolated groups in between Ladakh and Uttarakhand, I didn't really see their North Indian profile. Most northern Indians who took that test (example Punjabis) were getting their two closest populations to be Western Indians and Tajiks, not North Indian...

This time they have also added a Bengali category, which doesn't look too different from the Eastern Indian. Wonder why? Also looks like North, South and West Indians have 2-4% Eastern African component, which in the last autosomal breakdown, was 0% across all of India. Also surprising to see 0% Arabian component in North Indian sample set (but 2% East African?).

I was hoping they would redo the breakdown for those of us who have already taken the Geno 2.0 test. But I'm stuck with the older breakdown which didn't have a Southern Asian category but rather considered Southwest Asian as the signal of the primary OOA migration into Indian subcontinent.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to redifflal For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast