Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Britannic
    Nationality
    British

United Kingdom

Infraction decisions should be properly explained

I recently received a message informing me that I had committed an infraction. Exactly what the infraction was I do not know because it was not explained and I certainly had not posted anything offensive. Such vagueness is wrong because:

a) It is bloody rude.

b) The member who has committed the supposed infraction (such a pompous term) cannot be expected to avoid repeating it if its exact nature is not made clear.

Administrator
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2a*-M124 (L295-)
    mtDNA (M)
    D4j5*

England United Kingdom England
    Caratacus,

In response to each of these points:

a) The absence of an immediate response reflects the real world limitations our team experiences. This forum is run and paid for by individuals with full-time commitments. Given this, we prioritise the communications (or forum integrity matters) we receive. There is no intention to convey negative feelings towards any of our regulars. Rest assured we eventually communicate with everyone in due course.

If you aren't satisfied with this explanation, feel free to remain so. As much as some perceive it, reality cannot bend around our desires.

b) I've reviewed the communications you had with one of our generic staff accounts. In keeping with the above, a response hadn't been penned just yet. When we have the time to commit a response, you will receive a response.

As a final comment (which I'd appreciate any other views of this thread could take on board), please communicate administrative forum issues to one of the admins (not mods) in keeping with section 1.7:

1.7 If issues with inconsistency or failure to maintain any of these ToS by the moderation team arise, members are expected to directly contact the "Administrator" account only via private message.
    We have an internal mechanism of reviewing administrative happenings on this forum. Publicly posting this complaint (with unnecessary histrionic language, "pompous", "bloody rude") does not comply with this.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DMXX For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (02-13-2016),  Gray Fox (02-14-2016),  GTC (02-13-2016),  MikeWhalen (02-13-2016),  Táltos (02-13-2016)