Page 79 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 1080

Thread: drought of ancient DNA papers on prehistoric Europe/SW Asia

  1. #781
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    12,837
    Sex
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Ethnicity
    British and Irish
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF41>FGC36981
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2c3a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-DF27>DF83
    mtDNA (P)
    K1a1a

    Wales Ireland Scotland France Bretagne England Switzerland
    For me this place has been as dry as dust for quite some time. Boring, soporific.

    Aarrgghh . . .

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rms2 For This Useful Post:

     Hando (06-08-2019),  Kopfjäger (05-31-2019),  parasar (05-31-2019),  pegasus (06-12-2019)

  3. #782
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    1,190
    Sex
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ethnicity
    100% European
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    DF27>Z195>FGC23196
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a1a2a

    United States of America United Kingdom Germany Ireland Scotland Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by rms2 View Post
    For me this place has been as dry as dust for quite some time. Boring, soporific.

    Aarrgghh . . .
    Gobi Desert comes to mind.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Webb For This Useful Post:

     Hando (06-08-2019),  rms2 (06-01-2019)

  5. #783
    Registered Users
    Posts
    186
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Swiss
    Nationality
    Swiss
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L2
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c5a

    Switzerland Germany
    I've heard last year that a paper of Switzerland Bell Beakers should come out 2019. Do anybody knows anything about it?

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to halfalp For This Useful Post:

     Hando (06-08-2019)

  7. #784
    Registered Users
    Posts
    606
    Sex
    Location
    lombardy
    Nationality
    italian

    Italy Portugal Order of Christ Russia Imperial Canada Quebec Spanish Empire (1506-1701) Vatican
    Quote Originally Posted by halfalp View Post
    I've heard last year that a paper of Switzerland Bell Beakers should come out 2019. Do anybody knows anything about it?
    I think you probably mean this:

    Genetic transition in the Swiss Late Neolithic and Early Bronze Age

    Major genetic turnovers in European populations marked the beginning as well as final stages of the Neolithic period as shown
    by recent studies. The transition from hunter-gatherers to agriculturalists and farmers in the 6th millennium BCE coincided
    with a human migration from the Near East. A second migration into Central Europe occurred originating from the Pontic
    steppe in the 3rd millennium BCE and was linked to the spread of the Corded Ware Culture which ranged as far southwest as
    modern day Western Switzerland. These genetic processes are well studied, for example for the Middle-Elbe-Saale region in
    Eastern Germany, however, little is known from the regions that connect Central and Southern Europe.

    In this study, we investigate genome-wide data from 97 individuals from the Swiss Plateau, Southern Germany and the Alsace
    Region in France that span the transition from the Neolithic to the Bronze Age (5500 to 4000 BP). Our results show a similar
    genetic process as reported for the Middle-Elbe-Saale region suggesting that the migration from the Pontic steppe reached all
    the way into the Swiss Plateau. However, our evidence suggests that the onset of that transition may have started even earlier
    in Switzerland compared to the Middle-Elbe-Saale region.

    The existence of core families within multiple burials, the determination and quantification of different ancestry components
    and the evaluation of a migration route taken by the ancestors of the Late Neolithic populations in this region were analysed.
    Our data represent the first comprehensive genome wide dataset from Neolithic individuals from the Swiss Plateau and
    provide the first insights into the genetic history of this region.

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to etrusco For This Useful Post:

     halfalp (06-05-2019),  J Man (06-05-2019),  Ruderico (06-05-2019),  xenus (06-05-2019)

  9. #785
    Registered Users
    Posts
    186
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Swiss
    Nationality
    Swiss
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L2
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c5a

    Switzerland Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by etrusco View Post
    I think you probably mean this:

    Genetic transition in the Swiss Late Neolithic and Early Bronze Age

    Major genetic turnovers in European populations marked the beginning as well as final stages of the Neolithic period as shown
    by recent studies. The transition from hunter-gatherers to agriculturalists and farmers in the 6th millennium BCE coincided
    with a human migration from the Near East. A second migration into Central Europe occurred originating from the Pontic
    steppe in the 3rd millennium BCE and was linked to the spread of the Corded Ware Culture which ranged as far southwest as
    modern day Western Switzerland. These genetic processes are well studied, for example for the Middle-Elbe-Saale region in
    Eastern Germany, however, little is known from the regions that connect Central and Southern Europe.

    In this study, we investigate genome-wide data from 97 individuals from the Swiss Plateau, Southern Germany and the Alsace
    Region in France that span the transition from the Neolithic to the Bronze Age (5500 to 4000 BP). Our results show a similar
    genetic process as reported for the Middle-Elbe-Saale region suggesting that the migration from the Pontic steppe reached all
    the way into the Swiss Plateau. However, our evidence suggests that the onset of that transition may have started even earlier
    in Switzerland compared to the Middle-Elbe-Saale region.

    The existence of core families within multiple burials, the determination and quantification of different ancestry components
    and the evaluation of a migration route taken by the ancestors of the Late Neolithic populations in this region were analysed.
    Our data represent the first comprehensive genome wide dataset from Neolithic individuals from the Swiss Plateau and
    provide the first insights into the genetic history of this region.
    I guess it was that. Is the paper already out? We would have known if it was already right? 97 samples.

  10. #786
    Registered Users
    Posts
    3,738
    Sex
    Location
    USA
    Ethnicity
    Italo-Iberian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U152+L2+FGC10543
    mtDNA (M)
    H4a1-T152C!

    United States of America Italy 1861-1946 Spain
    Quote Originally Posted by halfalp View Post
    I've heard last year that a paper of Switzerland Bell Beakers should come out 2019. Do anybody knows anything about it?
    It will be published in the next two months or so.
    Last edited by R.Rocca; 06-05-2019 at 12:02 PM.
    Paternal: R1b-U152 >> L2 >> FGC10543 >> PR5365, Pietro Rocca, b. 1559, Agira, Sicily, Italy
    Maternal: H4a1-T152C!, Maria Coto, b. ~1864, Galicia, Spain
    Mother's Paternal: J1+ FGC4745/FGC4766+ PF5019+, Gerardo Caprio, b. 1879, Caposele, Avellino, Campania, Italy
    Father's Maternal: T2b-C150T, Francisca Santa Cruz, b.1916, Garganchon, Burgos, Spain
    Paternal Great (x3) Grandfather: R1b-U106 >> L48 >> CTS2509, Filippo Ensabella, b.~1836, Agira, Sicily, Italy

  11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to R.Rocca For This Useful Post:

     ADW_1981 (06-05-2019),  Cascio (06-05-2019),  halfalp (06-12-2019),  J Man (06-05-2019),  jdean (06-05-2019),  JMcB (06-05-2019),  Psynome (06-05-2019),  razyn (06-05-2019),  rms2 (06-06-2019),  spruithean (06-14-2019)

  12. #787
    Registered Users
    Posts
    186
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Swiss
    Nationality
    Swiss
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L2
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c5a

    Switzerland Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Rocca View Post
    It will be published in the next two months or so.
    Nice thanks!

  13. #788
    Registered Users
    Posts
    89
    Sex

    According to an email put up on Eupedia, there's interest from Pontus Skoglund's lab in testing Mesopotamian samples. They've already started sampling even.

  14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Adules For This Useful Post:

     Angoliga (06-27-2019),  Ariel90 (06-28-2019),  grumpydaddybear (08-23-2019),  J Man (06-13-2019),  Mesamones (06-13-2019),  parasar (06-13-2019),  spruithean (06-14-2019)

  15. #789
    Registered Users
    Posts
    633
    Sex

    Does anyone know of any upcoming ancient DNA papers with more samples from Mesolithic Europe?

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J Man For This Useful Post:

     grumpydaddybear (08-23-2019),  spruithean (06-15-2019)

  17. #790
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,396
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    C-F5481
    mtDNA (M)
    M8a

    Kyrgyzstan
    So, any news about paper with ancient DNA from Central and South Asia? How long are they going to wait?

  18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rozenfeld For This Useful Post:

     Ariel90 (06-28-2019),  jdean (06-27-2019),  Kulin (06-28-2019),  Pribislav (06-27-2019),  rms2 (06-27-2019),  Ruderico (06-28-2019)

Page 79 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-21-2020, 09:38 AM
  2. Great and well documented drawings of préhistoric Europe
    By HansDB in forum Archaeology (Prehistory)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-30-2016, 11:16 PM
  3. Flint Daggers in Prehistoric Europe
    By razyn in forum Archaeology (Prehistory)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2016, 11:22 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-11-2014, 03:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •