Page 263 of 264 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264 LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 2640

Thread: New DNA Papers - General Discussion Thread

  1. #2621
    Registered Users
    Posts
    4,399
    Sex
    Location
    Tierra de Ayllon
    Y-DNA (P)
    U152>L2>Z49>Z142>
    mtDNA (M)
    H1bt
    Y-DNA (M)
    I2a2a1b2a1b1>Y4925
    mtDNA (P)
    H37

    England Scotland Wales Germany Ireland Sweden Finns
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchellSince1893 View Post
    https://link.springer.com/article/10...14-021-02644-6

    Anybody have access to or read this one. Came out July 3rd 2021.

    Abstract here
    https://anthrogenica.com/showthread....l=1#post783627
    Learn from mistake. Don't buy it. I did and it was a waste of money. I learned nothing new and there was so much publically available missing data that they didn't even bother to include in their supplementary spreadsheet.

    Example of all the missing data for England. Hard to read, but you can see all the "NA" entries when in fact there is data for most of these columns.


    Didn't even bother to have a L21 column, or include publicly available data from Myres and Busby studies. Brabant study wasn't included for Belgium. Dutch DNA study not included for the Netherlands etc.

    The data is publically available so there is no reason not to include it in the supplementary tables.
    https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/vi...0000000001&z=4
    Last edited by MitchellSince1893; 07-10-2021 at 08:00 PM.
    Y DNA line continued: Z142>Z12222>FGC12378>FGC12401>FGC12384
    35% English, 26% Scot/Ulster Scot, 14% Welsh, 14% German, 5% Ireland, 3% Nordic, 2% French/Dutch, 1% India
    Hidden Content

  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MitchellSince1893 For This Useful Post:

     Agamemnon (07-11-2021),  Chnodomar (07-10-2021),  JMcB (07-10-2021),  parasar (07-11-2021),  razyn (07-11-2021),  Riverman (07-10-2021),  Saetro (07-11-2021)

  3. #2622
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    8,479

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuzam87 View Post
    Paternal genetic structure of Kyrgyz ethnic group in China revealed by high-resolution Y-chromosome STRs and SNPs

    Feng Song, Mengyuan Song, Haibo Luo, Mingkun Xie, Xindi Wang, Hao Dai, Yiping Hou

    https://doi.org/10.1002/elps.202100142

    Abstract

    Kyrgyz ethnic group is one of the nomads in China, with the majority in Xinjiang and a small part of them living in Heilongjiang province. Historically, they have went through five migrations westward due to the wars. The name “Kyrgyz” means 40 tribes, originating from the primary groups of Kyrgyz. However, it is a largely understudied population, especially from the Y chromosome. In this study, we used a previously validated high-resolution Y-chromosome single nucleotide polymorphisms (Y-SNPs) and short tandem repeats (Y-STRs) system to study Kyrgyz ethnic group. A total of 314 male samples of Kyrgyz ethnic group were genotyped by 173 Y-SNPs and 27 Y-STRs. After data analysis, the results unveiled that Kyrgyz ethnic group was a population with high percentage of both haplogroup C2a1a3a1d∼-F10091 (91/134) and R1a1a1b2a2-Z2124 (109/134), which has never been reported. This implied that Kyrgyz ethnic group might have gone through bottleneck effects twice, with these two main lineages left. Mismatch analysis indicated that the biggest mismatch number in haplogroup C2a1a3a1d∼-F10091 was 10, while that of haplogroup R1a1a1b2a2-Z2124 was 20. This huge difference reflected the different substructure in two lineages, suggesting that haplogroup C2a1a3a1d∼-F10091 might have the least admixture compared to the other two lineages. After admixture modelling with other datasets, the conclusion could be drawn that Kyrgyz ethnic group had great genetic affinity with Punjabi from Lahore, Pakistan, which supported that Kyrgyz ethnic group in China was close to central Asian.
    "A total of 314 male samples of Kyrgyz ethnic group were genotyped by 173 Y-SNPs and 27 Y-STRs."
    Do we know if L657, M780 line SNPs were typed?

    "R1a1a1b2a2-Z2124 (109/134)"
    Surprising that not one of the non Z2124 R1a1 STRs looks to be on the L657 M780 line.
    https://analyticalsciencejournals.on...ableS1-S5.xlsx

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parasar For This Useful Post:

     RCO (07-21-2021),  tipirneni (07-20-2021)

  5. #2623
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,203
    Sex
    Location
    Brisbane
    Nationality
    Australian
    Y-DNA (P)
    T-P322 (T1a2b1)
    mtDNA (M)
    H6a1

    Australia Cornwall England Scotland Germany Poland
    Quote Originally Posted by parasar View Post
    "A total of 314 male samples of Kyrgyz ethnic group were genotyped by 173 Y-SNPs and 27 Y-STRs."
    Do we know if L657, M780 line SNPs were typed?

    "R1a1a1b2a2-Z2124 (109/134)"
    Surprising that not one of the non Z2124 R1a1 STRs looks to be on the L657 M780 line.
    https://analyticalsciencejournals.on...ableS1-S5.xlsx
    109/134 in the paper must be a typo. Makes no sense unless it is 109/314.
    Same for the other similar appearance of nnn/134 in the paper.

  6. #2624
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    2,432
    Sex
    Location
    Atlantis
    Ethnicity
    India Andhra Kamma Telugu
    Nationality
    US
    Y-DNA (P)
    HM82 Z5890+CTS8144+
    mtDNA (M)
    U2a1a2
    Y-DNA (M)
    HM69 (<-J2b2 <-L1a)

    United States of America India Hyderabad State Dutch East India Company Chola Empire
    Quote Originally Posted by parasar View Post
    "A total of 314 male samples of Kyrgyz ethnic group were genotyped by 173 Y-SNPs and 27 Y-STRs."
    Do we know if L657, M780 line SNPs were typed?

    "R1a1a1b2a2-Z2124 (109/134)"
    Surprising that not one of the non Z2124 R1a1 STRs looks to be on the L657 M780 line.
    https://analyticalsciencejournals.on...ableS1-S5.xlsx
    R1a-Z93 line there are so many localized developments spread over vast area some times no two branch look similar except with more mixed groups
    Y: H1a1a4b3b1a8 Yfull id-> YF83218
    Medals->Hidden Content
    mtDNA:U2a1a2
    G25 Ancients Dist 1.0 IRN_Shahr_I_Sokhta_BA2 88.4 MAR_Taforalt 2.6NPL_Mebrak 5
    VK2020_SWE_Gotland_VA 4 Hidden Content

    Lactose Persistence rs3213871 rs4988243 rs4988183 rs3769005 rs2236783
    found -> DA125, Kangju

  7. #2625
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    2,432
    Sex
    Location
    Atlantis
    Ethnicity
    India Andhra Kamma Telugu
    Nationality
    US
    Y-DNA (P)
    HM82 Z5890+CTS8144+
    mtDNA (M)
    U2a1a2
    Y-DNA (M)
    HM69 (<-J2b2 <-L1a)

    United States of America India Hyderabad State Dutch East India Company Chola Empire
    Quote Originally Posted by Saetro View Post
    109/134 in the paper must be a typo. Makes no sense unless it is 109/314.
    Same for the other similar appearance of nnn/134 in the paper.
    looks like there are 200 samples total from 173+27. 109 are R1a-Z2124 and others are C
    Y: H1a1a4b3b1a8 Yfull id-> YF83218
    Medals->Hidden Content
    mtDNA:U2a1a2
    G25 Ancients Dist 1.0 IRN_Shahr_I_Sokhta_BA2 88.4 MAR_Taforalt 2.6NPL_Mebrak 5
    VK2020_SWE_Gotland_VA 4 Hidden Content

    Lactose Persistence rs3213871 rs4988243 rs4988183 rs3769005 rs2236783
    found -> DA125, Kangju

  8. #2626
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    8,479

    Quote Originally Posted by Saetro View Post
    109/134 in the paper must be a typo. Makes no sense unless it is 109/314.
    Same for the other similar appearance of nnn/134 in the paper.
    I thought so too seeing 314 134 134!
    But then thought they may have meant 109 Z2124 out of 134 Ra1a1 total?

  9. #2627
    Registered Users
    Posts
    198
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    O-F14338/O-CTS10535
    mtDNA (M)
    D4a7b1
    Y-DNA (M)
    O-SK1730/O-Y7080
    mtDNA (P)
    C4a1a-a2a

    Canada China
    Quote Originally Posted by tipirneni View Post
    looks like there are 200 samples total from 173+27. 109 are R1a-Z2124 and others are C
    The C lineages are from this one https://www.yfull.com/tree/C-ZQ31/
    and for R1a-Z2124, it could possibly be these three lineages:
    https://www.yfull.com/tree/R-YP1456/
    https://www.yfull.com/tree/R-Y176484/
    https://www.yfull.com/tree/R-Y41571/

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shuzam87 For This Useful Post:

     parasar (07-21-2021),  tipirneni (07-20-2021)

  11. #2628
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saite View Post
    Insights into the Middle Eastern paternal genetic pool in Tunisia: high prevalence of T-M70 haplogroup in an Arab population.
    Sarra Elkamel, Sofia L. Marques, Luis Alvarez, Veronica Gomes, Sami Boussetta, Soufia Mourali-Chebil, Houssein Khodjet-El-Khil, Lotfi Cherni, Amel Benammar-Elgaaied & Maria J. Prata.

    Abstract:
    To obtain refreshed insights into the paternal lineages of Tunisian populations, Y-chromosome diversity was assessed in two populations belonging to an Arab genealogical lineage, Kairouan and Wesletia, as well as in four Tunisian Andalusian populations, Testour, Slouguia, Qalaat-El-Andalous and El Alia. The Arabs from Kairouan revealed 73.47% of E-M81 and close affinities with Berber groups, indicating they are likely arabized Berbers, clearly differentiated from the Arabs from Wesletia, who harbored the highest frequency (71.8%) of the Middle Eastern component ever observed in North Africa. In the Tunisian Andalusians, the North African component largely prevailed, followed by the Middle Eastern contribution. Global comparative analysis highlighted the heterogeneity of Tunisian populations, among which, as a whole, dominated a set of lineages (Y-DNA) ascribed to be of autochthonous Berber origin (71.67%), beside a component of essentially Middle Eastern extraction (18.35%), and signatures of Sub-Saharan (5.2%), European (3.45%) and Asiatic (1.33%) contributions. The remarkable frequency of T-M70 in Wesletia (17.4%) prompted to refine its phylogeographic analysis, allowing to confirm its Middle Eastern origin, though signs of local evolution in Northern Africa were also detected. Evidence was clear on the ancient introduction of T lineages into the region, probably since Neolithic times associated to spread of agriculture.

    Highlights:
    Considering Tunisian populations as a whole, the majority part of their paternal haplogroups are of autochthonous Berber origin (71.67%), which co-exists with others assumedly from the Middle East (18.35%) and to a lesser extent from Sub-Saharan Africa (5.2%), Europe (3.45%) and Asia (1.33%) Most of Tunisian populations here analysed exhibited high levels of Y-STR diversity, reflecting the wealth of demographic histories underlying current-day populations. This finding is in agreement with previous studies using different types of markers that reported the highest genetic diversities in North African populations.

    Attachment 45873
    Attachment 45874
    Sorry if off-topic but looking at this line "and to a lesser extent from Sub-Saharan Africa 5.2%" I understand this is Y lineage and not autosomal, but do you think actual SSA ancestry in most North Africans/Maghreb is exagerrated/inflated? I remember on admixture calculators you could get up to 30-40% "SSA" for most Berberic groups but we now know that we were missing the vital IBM link/genomic profile. Could it be that g25's surplus SSA in North Africans is also just IBM but unable to be constrained properly solely with IBM by nMonte?

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to J-Live For This Useful Post:

     beyoku (08-04-2021)

  13. #2629
    Registered Users
    Posts
    6,139
    Sex
    Location
    Australia
    Ethnicity
    Italian Alpine
    Nationality
    Australian and Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    T1a2b- SK1480
    mtDNA (M)
    H95a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-S8172
    mtDNA (P)
    T2b17

    Australia Italy Veneto Friuli Italy Trentino Alto Adige Italy Ladinia Austria Tirol
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saite View Post
    Insights into the Middle Eastern paternal genetic pool in Tunisia: high prevalence of T-M70 haplogroup in an Arab population.
    Sarra Elkamel, Sofia L. Marques, Luis Alvarez, Veronica Gomes, Sami Boussetta, Soufia Mourali-Chebil, Houssein Khodjet-El-Khil, Lotfi Cherni, Amel Benammar-Elgaaied & Maria J. Prata.

    Abstract:
    To obtain refreshed insights into the paternal lineages of Tunisian populations, Y-chromosome diversity was assessed in two populations belonging to an Arab genealogical lineage, Kairouan and Wesletia, as well as in four Tunisian Andalusian populations, Testour, Slouguia, Qalaat-El-Andalous and El Alia. The Arabs from Kairouan revealed 73.47% of E-M81 and close affinities with Berber groups, indicating they are likely arabized Berbers, clearly differentiated from the Arabs from Wesletia, who harbored the highest frequency (71.8%) of the Middle Eastern component ever observed in North Africa. In the Tunisian Andalusians, the North African component largely prevailed, followed by the Middle Eastern contribution. Global comparative analysis highlighted the heterogeneity of Tunisian populations, among which, as a whole, dominated a set of lineages (Y-DNA) ascribed to be of autochthonous Berber origin (71.67%), beside a component of essentially Middle Eastern extraction (18.35%), and signatures of Sub-Saharan (5.2%), European (3.45%) and Asiatic (1.33%) contributions. The remarkable frequency of T-M70 in Wesletia (17.4%) prompted to refine its phylogeographic analysis, allowing to confirm its Middle Eastern origin, though signs of local evolution in Northern Africa were also detected. Evidence was clear on the ancient introduction of T lineages into the region, probably since Neolithic times associated to spread of agriculture.

    Highlights:
    Considering Tunisian populations as a whole, the majority part of their paternal haplogroups are of autochthonous Berber origin (71.67%), which co-exists with others assumedly from the Middle East (18.35%) and to a lesser extent from Sub-Saharan Africa (5.2%), Europe (3.45%) and Asia (1.33%) Most of Tunisian populations here analysed exhibited high levels of Y-STR diversity, reflecting the wealth of demographic histories underlying current-day populations. This finding is in agreement with previous studies using different types of markers that reported the highest genetic diversities in North African populations.

    Attachment 45873
    Attachment 45874
    many confusing terms in this paper

    First,
    it is reconciled with gene inflow from the Middle
    East since prehistoric times, probably going back to the Capsian civilization that flourished in North Africa
    around 8000 ya, which was a culture associated to the spread of agriculture into the region.


    Caspian civilization ......what is this, southern area of the sea or northern caucasus or between the caspian and Aral seas ?


    The term Near East ............The Near East denoted the territory of the Ottoman Empire and Europe’s Balkan Peninsula, while the Middle East referred to the territory between the Persian Gulf and Southeast Asia.


    Is it Anatolia or Asia Minor ( same meaning for me )............confusing terms ...............some say Asia Minor means only coastal Anatolia


    Anyway .............I only match 4 samples with the STR supplied.......Italians 1 from each from Vicenza and A'quila, a Netherlands sample and a spaniard from Leon


    My Path = ( K-M9+, LT-P326+, T-M184+, L490+, M70+, PF5664+, L131+, L446+, CTS933+, CTS3767+, CTS8862+, Z19945+, BY143483+ )


    Grandfather via paternal grandmother = I1-CTS6397 yDna
    Great grandmother paternal side = T1a1e mtDna
    Son's mtDna = K1a4p

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to vettor For This Useful Post:

     grumpydaddybear (08-04-2021)

  15. #2630
    Registered Users
    Posts
    139
    Sex
    Location
    Tunis,Tunisia
    Ethnicity
    Subsahara,North Africa,ME
    Nationality
    Tunisian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1A-YP1276
    mtDNA (M)
    L2A1C

    Tunisia
    It's capsian not Caspian, capsian is a Neolithic culture in North Africa their name derived from the region of Gafsa in southern Tunisia.

  16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Darko For This Useful Post:

     Agamemnon (08-04-2021),  drobbah (08-04-2021),  Erikl86 (08-08-2021),  J-Live (08-04-2021),  Riverman (08-05-2021),  vettor (08-04-2021)

Page 263 of 264 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. U1 General Thread
    By Johane Derite in forum U
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-13-2021, 08:13 PM
  2. R1b Specific Thread for 10 May 2017 Papers
    By MitchellSince1893 in forum R1b General
    Replies: 129
    Last Post: 06-27-2017, 07:25 PM
  3. Bell Beaker Papers: Raw Data Thread
    By Webb in forum Ancient (aDNA)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-25-2017, 01:33 PM
  4. DISCUSSION THREAD: Archaeology, Prehistory Papers
    By Gravetto-Danubian in forum Archaeology (Prehistory)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-05-2017, 01:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •