Ethnicity
    northwesterner
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-BY3604-Z275
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a1

Normandie Orkney Netherlands Friesland East Frisia Finland

K1c1

My father is K1c1c, but I guess that if I ask about K1c1c, I'll get no response. ( I looked on GenBanks and Molden: a few people in Finland and Russia, and that's all). K1c1 perhaps, or at least K1c? Who is K1c? What do you know about this Mt Haplo?

edit: seemingly K1c is empty, according to a text of 2013 or 2014. K1c1?
    Last edited by anglesqueville; 05-11-2016 at 09:02 PM.
    En North alom, de North venom
    En North fum naiz, en North manom

(Roman de Rou, Wace, 1160-1170)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    northwesterner
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-BY3604-Z275
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a1

Really nothing bout K1c1? Is it so rare?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mixed Euro/Near East
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-YP4516/YP4807*
    mtDNA (M)
    H11a2a3

Canada Franco-Manitoban European Union Ottoman Empire Russia Imperial United States Grand Union
    One of my ancestral lines is a cousin to your father, K1c2, from coastal County Down, Ireland. The spread of her matches is largely Scandinavia and FInland on the one hand, and the north of Britain and Ireland on the other.

From the distribution of K1c one is tempted to think it arose elsewhere, possibly around the Alps, but then K1c1 and K1c2 only spread later in any quantity with Goths/Norse/Scandinavians. This would make your father's line very Norman in the literal sense of the Norrmenn (Norwegians), which I think should please you a little.

Other ancestral Y lines:

E1b-M81 Ukraine (Ashkenazi)
    E1b-V13 England
    I1-M253 Ireland
    I2-M423 Ukraine
    R1a-L176.1 Scotland
    R1b-L584 Syria/Turkey (Sephardi)
    R1b-L20 Ireland
    R1b-L21 (1)England; (2)Wales?>Connecticut
    R1b-L48 England
    R1b-P312 Scotland
    R1b-FGC32576 Ireland

Other ancestral mtDNA lines:

H1b2a Ukraine (Ashkenazi)
    H6a1a3 Ukraine
    K1a9 Belarus (Ashkenazi)
    K1c2 Ireland
    V7a Ukraine

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AJL For This Useful Post:

anglesqueville (02-21-2019),  palamede (09-25-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-FT248579
    mtDNA (M)
    H5

United States of America Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by AJL View Post
    One of my ancestral lines is a cousin to your father, K1c2, from coastal County Down, Ireland. The spread of her matches is largely Scandinavia and FInland on the one hand, and the north of Britain and Ireland on the other.
    AJL, what is your earliest known ancestor on your K1c2 line? I've been researching a group of elusive Wyatt cousins from around Talladega AL. The matriarch of the group appears to be K1c2 (three or four maternal lines which I believe go through her have tested K1c2). Needless to say, my interests in K1c2 are more recent than distant.

Thanks,

Jack Wyatt

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    northwesterner
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-BY3604-Z275
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a1

Quote Originally Posted by AJL View Post

From the distribution of K1c one is tempted to think it arose elsewhere, possibly around the Alps, but then K1c1 and K1c2 only spread later in any quantity with Goths/Norse/Scandinavians. This would make your father's line very Norman in the literal sense of the Norrmenn (Norwegians), which I think should please you a little.
    Thanks very much for your answer. I don't have many doubts about my father's "ethnicity". Furthermore her mother was born from frisian parents, and there are many converging signs that she had some not so distant finnish ancestors. My curiosity is not really focused on my father, even if I would be happy to get some infos on his haplo outside of Finland and North Russia, but more generally on the diffusion paths of K1c1, with this strange founder effect in Finland/North Russia (K1c1c). Btw, according to genbank, K1c1d seems to be even more rare.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to anglesqueville For This Useful Post:

AJL (09-25-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mixed Euro/Near East
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-YP4516/YP4807*
    mtDNA (M)
    H11a2a3

Canada Franco-Manitoban European Union Ottoman Empire Russia Imperial United States Grand Union
    Quote Originally Posted by C J Wyatt III View Post
    AJL, what is your earliest known ancestor on your K1c2 line? I've been researching a group of elusive Wyatt cousins from around Talladega AL. The matriarch of the group appears to be K1c2 (three or four maternal lines which I believe go through her have tested K1c2). Needless to say, my interests in K1c2 are more recent than distant.

Thanks,

Jack Wyatt
    Surname is Brown, however many of them are exact matches with nary a common paper trail.

Quote Originally Posted by anglesqueville View Post
    Thanks very much for your answer. I don't have many doubts about my father's "ethnicity". Furthermore her mother was born from frisian parents, and there are many converging signs that she had some not so distant finnish ancestors. My curiosity is not really focused on my father, even if I would be happy to get some infos on his haplo outside of Finland and North Russia, but more generally on the diffusion paths of K1c1, with this strange founder effect in Finland/North Russia (K1c1c). Btw, according to genbank, K1c1d seems to be even more rare.
    Probably due to isolation of K1c around Scandinavia and Finland in after leaving (maybe) the Alpine area, combined with very small historical populations (founder effect) around Karelia, for example.

Other ancestral Y lines:

E1b-M81 Ukraine (Ashkenazi)
    E1b-V13 England
    I1-M253 Ireland
    I2-M423 Ukraine
    R1a-L176.1 Scotland
    R1b-L584 Syria/Turkey (Sephardi)
    R1b-L20 Ireland
    R1b-L21 (1)England; (2)Wales?>Connecticut
    R1b-L48 England
    R1b-P312 Scotland
    R1b-FGC32576 Ireland

Other ancestral mtDNA lines:

H1b2a Ukraine (Ashkenazi)
    H6a1a3 Ukraine
    K1a9 Belarus (Ashkenazi)
    K1c2 Ireland
    V7a Ukraine

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AJL For This Useful Post:

anglesqueville (09-25-2016)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian

I am k1c1 with no mutations too and it was really confusing, because no matter how many predictors or tests i did, i would always get k1c1.
    I have read that k1c1 may of had a caucasus origin, migrated into eastern Europe via Greece, as there were very old Thessalian fossils with mtdna k1c1 but i can't be 100% sure of the research. I assumed k1c1 could be more eastern euro but came into the west via the Scandinavians.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Anath For This Useful Post:

anglesqueville (02-21-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Y-DNA (P)
    Father N1c
    mtDNA (M)
    I5a

In this paper you can find a lot of info on haplogroup U8/K in general: http://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms3543

Check also Supplementary Data 1 "Phylogenetic tree of haplogroup U8 mitogenome sequences": http://www.nature.com/articles/ncomm...ry-information

There are some confirmed ancient K1c finds: Theopetra Thessaly Greece 7288–6771 BC K1c, Bell Beaker Osterhofen Germany K1c1, Mako BA Kompolt-Kigyoser Hungary K1c1.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kristiina For This Useful Post:

Anath (12-02-2016),  anglesqueville (09-02-2018),  Arame (12-05-2016),  mhbabb (06-11-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    7/8 European,1/8 Hawaiian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L2>BY4242-Germany
    mtDNA (M)
    H3h-Germany
    Y-DNA (M)
    E-FT41362-Azores, Pt
    mtDNA (P)
    W6a-Slovakia

United States of America Germany Italy Azores Slovakia Hawaii
    My wife is K1c1g. She got it from the hills around Genoa in Italy. I believe we may eventually get one more level down as she and another woman with a blank most distant maternal ancestor share a back mutation of G16129A!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Osiris For This Useful Post:

anglesqueville (02-21-2019),  Wiatt (01-17-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mostly Mutt
    Y-DNA (P)
    BY12480+, R-Z2
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a1b
    mtDNA (P)
    H11a-, H-e15ab

Scotland Sweden Germany Bayern Canada Quebec
    My husband is K1c1, and of course his mother