Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Autosomal result of a predominantly Native American individual from Mexico

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

bumop

Gold Class Member
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Khuur View Post
    The high East/North Euro is probably an indicator of substantial West Eurasian admixture in this Native individual.
    I disagree.

His admix results show over 91% Amerindian. Northeast European is over 2%, whereas the potential colonial admixture (Atlantic-Mediterranean Neolithic and North European Mesolithic) is less than 2%.

When Native American sources are not included in the calculation, he shows over 21% East European, plus 1.7% South Baltic. (North-Central European is less than 1%.) Eastern Europeans did not conquer and intermarry Native Americans, except in Alaska. The high percentage of East European may instead be suggesting some very ancient common heritage.
    Last edited by lgmayka; 06-04-2016 at 10:11 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lgmayka For This Useful Post:

palamede (06-04-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

Quote Originally Posted by lgmayka View Post
    I disagree.

His admix results show over 91% Amerindian. Northeast European is over 2%, whereas the potential colonial admixture (Atlantic-Mediterranean Neolithic and North European Mesolithic) is less than 2%.

When Native American sources are not included in the calculation, he shows over 21% East European, plus 1.7% South Baltic. (North-Central European is less than 1%.) Eastern Europeans did not conquer and intermarry Native Americans, except in Alaska. The high percentage of East European may instead be suggesting some very ancient common heritage.
    So are you saying that this Native American individual have ancient shared ancestry with East Europeans? Isn't Amerindian a mixed component itself?

Does the East European component has to do with ANE? I read that the ANE signal in a non-West Eurasian group is a sign of West Eurasian admix.
    Last edited by Tsakhur; 06-04-2016 at 11:27 AM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

Double post.

Gold Class Member
    Sex

I read that the ANE signal in a non-West Eurasian group is a sign of West Eurasian admix.
    ANE was first publicized as an ancient component common to both Native Americans and Europeans. Eastern Europeans generally have more ANE than Western Europeans.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lgmayka For This Useful Post:

Saetro (06-06-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

Quote Originally Posted by lgmayka View Post
    ANE was first publicized as an ancient component common to both Native Americans and Europeans. Eastern Europeans generally have more ANE than Western Europeans.
    OK I see. But what type of Eurasian is the ANE then?

Can you also reply to my other questions please?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    american
    mtDNA (M)
    c1c4a1

my guess is that he has a small amount of spanish/west eurasian dna like less than 10. i think the 21%'s just indicates that eurasian ppl in general share a common ancestor

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    American

United States of America Italy
    OK I see. But what type of Eurasian is the ANE then?

Can you also reply to my other questions please?
    It is my understanding that Ancient North Eurasian is its own component that branched off from the ancestors of West Eurasians after East and West Eurasians had already split. Ancestral North Eurasian is thus more closely related to West Eurasians than to East Eurasians, but still constitutes a separate group from both.

Amerindians are a mixture of North Eurasian and an East Eurasian ancestry similar to modern Northeast Asians. Eastern Hunter Gatherers, an ancient population who contributed a large portion of the ancestry of modern Europeans, particularly Northeast Europeans, were a mixture of North Eurasian and West Eurasian.

Thus, in the abscence of an Amerindian component, these gedmatch calculators are using Eastern Europeans, an ANE-admixed group, to represent the North Eurasian portion of this individual's ancestry. As well, though one has yet mentioned it, this person scores high South Asian. South Asians also have a sizable amount of ANE admixture, or at least admixture from a population related to ANE.

This doesn't mean that this individual actually has that much West Eurasian ancestry, but rather that, like all Amerindians, he is a mixture of East Eurasian and an ANE, and these calculators are using ANE-admixed populations to represent that part of his ancestry.

Hope this helps.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to fished For This Useful Post:

Tsakhur (05-22-2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12