Page 187 of 196 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 1956

Thread: Full Y Chromosome Sequencing: Phase III Pilot

Company Rep
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    R1b U106 Z81

Quote Originally Posted by rncambron View Post
    What will be the position re existing European Customers re access to their test data?
    Do you think FTDNA et al will follow your decision?
    As I see it, existing customers will have full access to their data. FTDNA has significant financial resources so their decisionmaking is up to them.

FGC needs to protect the company and our US customers from potential actions by foreign governments that affect FGC.

In the future, the regulatory situation will be clarified by the current US government. However, I believe this decision removes exposure to regulatory risk, and also protects US customers from foreign interference. This also protects my employees, my suppliers, and any other subcontractors.

I predict that many US companies may take similar steps.

The EU has the right to its laws and we have the responsibility to balance our market decisions against potential actions by a foreign power. I also believe this protects our US customers from potential EU actions that would affect FGC operations and FGC's ability to deliver on its commitments to US customers.

Note:
    FGC has a strong commitment to customer privacy, but the financial risk is too great. It remains to be seen how the law will be applied. I have concerns about arbitrary actions by the EU, particularly against non-EU companies in the current geopolitical environment.

My other concern is whether US companies will have the opportunity to due process and whether they will be treated fairly in the current geopolitical environment. I think it is too uncertain.
    Last edited by FGC Corp; 03-09-2018 at 10:34 PM.
    FGC team member.

Hidden Content

Join our FGC google group:
    Hidden Content

R1b-U106 google group:
    Forum for discussion of R1b-U106
    Discussion related to all products by any company will be welcome. Discussion will not be limited to FGC

Join here:
    Hidden Content

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FGC Corp For This Useful Post:

Nibelung (03-09-2018)

Company Rep
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    R1b U106 Z81

Incidentally, I recently became aware of new rulings by the US Federal Trade Commission that increase opportunities in the US market and free up certain regulatory burdens here.

As I see it, we'll take a wait and see approach to the EU and watch how the EU applies this new law, as well as how the US government reacts.

Note: We remain open to new orders from all other countries outside of Europe (EU members).

Questions can be sent to support [at] fullgenomes [dot] com
    Last edited by FGC Corp; 03-10-2018 at 06:04 AM.
    FGC team member.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

R1b-U106 google group:
    Discussion related to all products by any company will be welcome. Discussion will not be limited to FGC

Join here:
    Hidden Content

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FGC Corp For This Useful Post:

Táltos (03-10-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Italiana
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L2+ZZ48+PF7600+
    mtDNA
    H1e2

Italy
    I am very sad about your decision but I understand and respect it.
    I thank you for the opportunities you have offered to us Europeans until now and I hope that in the future you can change your decision.
    Ad maiora

Company Rep
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    R1b U106 Z81

Quote Originally Posted by Acque agitate View Post
    I am very sad about your decision but I understand and respect it.
    I thank you for the opportunities you have offered to us Europeans until now and I hope that in the future you can change your decision.
    Ad maiora
    There may be a solution in the next year, depending on how the EU law is enforced and what develops in the industry.
    FGC team member.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

R1b-U106 google group:

Join here:
    Hidden Content

Registered Users
    Sex

I just ordered the new pseudo-long-read test, in order, mostly, to see if it confirms
    my suspicions about the nature of the (extremely reliable) markers CLD56, CLD57, and CLD82, which are
    in the DYR19 "125" base region of the Y chromosome.

We shall see!

They also claim phasing ... it would be nice to me, with dead parents, to get phased results
    that can be put into the FTDNA Family Finder format.

Oh yes: to Full Genomes folks, I'll ask openly ... will you generate the phased data files for
    us in 23andme, FTDNA, and Ancestry.com format, or will we have to do it ourselves?

Company Rep
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    R1b U106 Z81

Quote Originally Posted by dtvmcdonald View Post
    I just ordered the new pseudo-long-read test, in order, mostly, to see if it confirms
    my suspicions about the nature of the (extremely reliable) markers CLD56, CLD57, and CLD82, which are
    in the DYR19 "125" base region of the Y chromosome.

We shall see!

They also claim phasing ... it would be nice to me, with dead parents, to get phased results
    that can be put into the FTDNA Family Finder format.

Oh yes: to Full Genomes folks, I'll ask openly ... will you generate the phased data files for
    us in 23andme, FTDNA, and Ancestry.com format, or will we have to do it ourselves?
    Hello,

We can generate the appropriate files for 23andme, FTDNA, Ancestry.com formats.
    FGC team member.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

R1b-U106 google group:

Join here:
    Hidden Content

Company Rep
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    R1b U106 Z81

FGC is going to continue to explore ways to re-enter the EU market in a reasonable time frame. It may be that my international law attorney can find a good solution.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FGC Corp For This Useful Post:

Acque agitate (03-12-2018), Jean-Pierre (03-12-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Czech
    Nationality
    Czech
    Y-DNA
    R-Y14088
    mtDNA
    J1c1i

Czech Republic Austria Austrian Empire Bohemia Carinthia
    Quote Originally Posted by FGC Corp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Petr View Post
    Still waiting for hg38 reinterpretation ordered on October 22nd.
    As far as the analyses in the backlog, such as yours, we are nearly finished with the large Y Elite batch, so we'll be able to address these now.
    Are there any news?
    Y-DNA: R-Y14088 (ISOGG: R1b1a1a2a1a2b1c2b1a1a)
    mtDNA: J1c1i (J1c1 + 7735G and 8848C) Extras: 198T 12007A 16422C 16431A

Company Rep
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    R1b U106 Z81

Quote Originally Posted by Petr View Post
    Are there any news?
    I sent you an email.
    FGC team member.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

R1b-U106 google group:

Join here:
    Hidden Content

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Ingrian + Russian
    Nationality
    Swedish, Russian
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a1b1:Z92FGC46016
    mtDNA
    J1c3k

Finland Russian Federation Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by FGC Corp View Post
    As I see it, existing customers will have full access to their data. FTDNA has significant financial resources so their decisionmaking is up to them.

FGC needs to protect the company and our US customers from potential actions by foreign governments that affect FGC.

In the future, the regulatory situation will be clarified by the current US government. However, I believe this decision removes exposure to regulatory risk, and also protects US customers from foreign interference. This also protects my employees, my suppliers, and any other subcontractors.

I predict that many US companies may take similar steps.

The EU has the right to its laws and we have the responsibility to balance our market decisions against potential actions by a foreign power. I also believe this protects our US customers from potential EU actions that would affect FGC operations and FGC's ability to deliver on its commitments to US customers.

Note:
    FGC has a strong commitment to customer privacy, but the financial risk is too great. It remains to be seen how the law will be applied. I have concerns about arbitrary actions by the EU, particularly against non-EU companies in the current geopolitical environment.

My other concern is whether US companies will have the opportunity to due process and whether they will be treated fairly in the current geopolitical environment. I think it is too uncertain.
    I don't think GDPR will be a problem for FTDNA. GDPR requires that data is fairly processed clearly and lawfully, collected for a lawful purpose, the subject connected to the data knows about the data existence and has given written consent on the data processing (see Articles 5, 6, 7).

FTDNA has always sent a paper release form, that was optional. I think that the regulations in GDPR will make this release form obligatory to fill in for EU customers. If you have not collected such consent than you should add it to your kits. I think it will solve all problems for FGC and EU customers.
    Last edited by karwiso; 03-13-2018 at 05:31 PM.

Page 187 of 196 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189 ... LastLast