Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Y-DNA haplogroup T1a1+ in ancient DNA from China (?)

  1. #1
    Registered Users
    Posts
    5,435
    Sex
    Location
    Poland
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z2552
    mtDNA (M)
    W6a

    Poland European Union Poland Pomerania

    Question Y-DNA haplogroup T1a1+ in ancient DNA from China (?)

    I have heard, that the sample from Xiaohe initially reported as K*, is in fact T1a1+:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_T-M184

    There are 12 Y-DNA samples (map below), of which 11 are R1a1a+, and 1 K(xN,O,P):

    I've heard that this K is in fact T1a1+, but I'm not sure if it is true or just a rumour?:


  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tomenable For This Useful Post:

     Hando (06-22-2016),  palamede (06-22-2016)

  3. #2
    Registered Users
    Posts
    5,435
    Sex
    Location
    Poland
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z2552
    mtDNA (M)
    W6a

    Poland European Union Poland Pomerania
    K-M9(xN,O,P) could indeed be T, but it could also be L, M, S, or some basal form of K.

    L and T are most probable, but L would suggest a Middle Eastern or South Asian origin:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_L-M20

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tomenable For This Useful Post:

     Anabasis (06-22-2016),  Hando (06-22-2016)

  5. #3
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    8,152

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomenable View Post
    I have heard, that the sample from Xiaohe initially reported as K*, is in fact T1a1+:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_T-M184

    There are 12 Y-DNA samples (map below), of which 11 are R1a1a+, and 1 K(xN,O,P):

    I've heard that this K is in fact T1a1+, but I'm not sure if it is true or just a rumour?:

    I have not seen that confirmed as T.
    http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthre...ll=1#post65555
    Last edited by parasar; 06-22-2016 at 01:56 AM.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to parasar For This Useful Post:

     Hando (06-22-2016)

  7. #4
    Registered Users
    Posts
    408
    Sex

    Greece
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomenable View Post
    K-M9(xN,O,P) could indeed be T, but it could also be L, M, S, or some basal form of K.

    L and T are most probable, but L would suggest a Middle Eastern or South Asian origin:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_L-M20
    Can you explain why something reported as K* is probable to be T? Basically why L and T are more probable than K2, NO, K2b etc?
    I don't question what you say since my knowledge on this things is extremely limited but I don't understand.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kanenas For This Useful Post:

     Hando (06-22-2016)

  9. #5
    Registered Users
    Posts
    665
    Sex
    Location
    Trabzon Turkey
    Y-DNA (P)
    L-M317

    Cuba Vietnam
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomenable View Post
    I have heard, that the sample from Xiaohe initially reported as K*, is in fact T1a1+:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_T-M184

    There are 12 Y-DNA samples (map below), of which 11 are R1a1a+, and 1 K(xN,O,P):

    I've heard that this K is in fact T1a1+, but I'm not sure if it is true or just a rumour?:

    When that K* sample lived? If it is bronze age or further sample then its not suprise.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Anabasis For This Useful Post:

     Hando (06-22-2016)

  11. #6
    Registered Users
    Posts
    781
    Sex
    Location
    Gonur Tepe
    Y-DNA (P)
    L-SK1414
    mtDNA (M)
    U8b1a1

    African Union Ainu AchaemenidEmpire1 Kurdistan Star of David Dravida Nadu
    Quote Originally Posted by Anabasis View Post
    When that K* sample lived? If it is bronze age or further sample then its not suprise.
    2000-1500 BC

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jesus For This Useful Post:

     Anabasis (06-22-2016),  Hando (06-22-2016)

  13. #7
    Registered Users
    Posts
    781
    Sex
    Location
    Gonur Tepe
    Y-DNA (P)
    L-SK1414
    mtDNA (M)
    U8b1a1

    African Union Ainu AchaemenidEmpire1 Kurdistan Star of David Dravida Nadu
    The Chinese study had some STR values, but you have to pay in order to access them(as far as I remember).

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to jesus For This Useful Post:

     Tomenable (06-22-2016)

  15. #8
    Registered Users
    Posts
    5,761
    Sex
    Location
    Australia
    Ethnicity
    Italian Alpine
    Nationality
    Australian and Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    T1a2b- SK1480
    mtDNA (M)
    H95a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-S8172
    mtDNA (P)
    T2b17

    Australia Italy Veneto Friuli Italy Trentino Alto Adige Italy Ladinia Austria Tirol
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanenas View Post
    Can you explain why something reported as K* is probable to be T? Basically why L and T are more probable than K2, NO, K2b etc?
    I don't question what you say since my knowledge on this things is extremely limited but I don't understand.
    I found this in eurogenes site
    Davidski said...

    Yes, the K* could well be T1a2, which has been found in Europe and Xinjiang.
    February 3, 2013 at 6:30 AM
    illig3 said...

    I am going to try to contact professor Hui Zhou from the Jilin University(author of the study paper), and ask if they could subtype this K* result in order to find out if it belongs to T. Do any of you guys know scientists of the Jilin University? Which correct/official e-mail or fax address belongs to the "Research Center for Chinese Frontier Archaeology of Jilin University"? I cannot reach the website of Jilin University.
    February 3, 2013 at 6:58 AM


    BTW, at the time of the paper ..........M, S, Q, R haplogroups all sat under P haplogroup....................the only ones that it could be then, from K-M9(xN,O,P) .............is T or L or a deadend K*


    My Path = ( K-M9+, TL-P326+, T-M184+, L490+, M70+, PF5664+, L131+, L446+, CTS933+, CTS3767+, CTS8862+, Z19945+, BY143483+ )


    Grandfather via paternal grandmother = I1-Y33791 ydna
    Great grandmother paternal side = T1a1e mtdna

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vettor For This Useful Post:

     Hando (06-25-2016),  Tomenable (06-22-2016)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-18-2020, 12:24 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-04-2018, 12:35 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2018, 04:25 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-06-2016, 02:43 PM
  5. About 100 Bodies Discovered Stuffed into Ancient House in NE China
    By Ebizur in forum Archaeology (Prehistory)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2015, 11:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •