Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: My fellow Africans share your ancestral results from different DNA companies

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mswahili
    Nationality
    Kenyan

Kenya
    Quote Originally Posted by pgbk87 View Post
    I met a few Bajunis when I was in Watamu, Kenya. Ridiculously pretty place by the way. The rock formations, cove beaches, quartz/coral mixed sand and water color are world class.

The Bajunis I saw looked Somali-admixed and some could very well pass as Somali. They looked minimally Bantu influenced.
    Yeah here in Mombasa almost all the Bajunis ive seen look Bantu-Arab & also Bantu + Somali + Yemeni which is what makes them distinct from the local Swahili community clans in Mombasa like the one im from the ( Wa-Jomvu), Wa-Chagamwe, Wa-Kilindini, Wa-Mvita & Wa-Tangana who most of the time look pure Bantu.

The Bajunis themselves consider themselves distinct from other Swahili communities despite many similarities we have with them.

A few of my Bajuni friends also have this Cushitic + Yemeni + Significant Bantu phenotype I'd like to post their pictures and discuss it further but I guess ill just have to follow the rules of Anthrogenica.
    Last edited by SWAHILLI_PRINCE16; 01-24-2021 at 08:50 PM.
    Target: Me_scaled
    Distance: 0.9927% / 0.00992680

89.4 Mijikenda_Kauma
    5.4 Kikuyu
    5.2 Karachay

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SWAHILLI_PRINCE16 For This Useful Post:

Deftextra (01-25-2021),  drobbah (01-24-2021),  gihanga.rwanda (01-24-2021),  pgbk87 (01-24-2021),  ThaYamamoto (01-24-2021),  Tsakhur (01-26-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Dutch
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V32
    mtDNA (M)
    M1a1
    Y-DNA (M)
    G2a

Somalia Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by drobbah View Post
    It is also possible some of their Bantu admixture came from Somalia's large Bantu community which has been there for generations.The estimates I seen, they make up 10% of Somalia's (Somaliland excluded) population.The Bantus are diverse themselves with the Bajuni basically being Swahili people while others originally hail from as far South as Tanzania.
    Yeah. My guess is that most of our bantu admixture comes via our other ancestry and we likely already had bantu admixture before we obtained our Somali admixture, which my guess came from a later events. Also, the majority of us have recent Somali admixture (grand mothers and fathers), which is very common.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Deftextra For This Useful Post:

drobbah (01-25-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Dutch
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V32
    mtDNA (M)
    M1a1
    Y-DNA (M)
    G2a

Somalia Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAHILLI_PRINCE16 View Post
    Yeah here in Mombasa almost all the Bajunis ive seen look Bantu-Arab & also Bantu + Somali + Yemeni which is what makes them distinct from the local Swahili community clans in Mombasa like the one im from the ( Wa-Jomvu), Wa-Chagamwe, Wa-Kilindini, Wa-Mvita & Wa-Tangana who most of the time look pure Bantu.

The Bajunis themselves consider themselves distinct from other Swahili communities despite many similarities we have with them.

A few of my Bajuni friends also have this Cushitic + Yemeni + Significant Bantu phenotype I'd like to post their pictures and discuss it further but I guess ill just have to follow the rules of Anthrogenica.
    I have seen a few Banjuni results. They are very similar to Benadiris minus our Cushitic Admixutre. If it wasn't for our Cushitic admixture, we would almost be identical.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deftextra For This Useful Post:

drobbah (01-25-2021),  SWAHILLI_PRINCE16 (01-27-2021),  ThaYamamoto (01-25-2021)

Suspended Account
    Sex
    Omitted
    Ethnicity
    Somali
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V32>BY75676
    mtDNA (M)
    L0a1d
    Y-DNA (M)
    T-FGC92488

Somaliland Ethiopia Adal Sultanate
    Quote Originally Posted by Deftextra View Post
    Yeah. My guess is that most of our bantu admixture comes via our other ancestry and we likely already had bantu admixture before we obtained our Somali admixture, which my guess came from a later events. Also, the majority of us have recent Somali admixture (grand mothers and fathers), which is very common.
    You think prior to the last three generations the Benadiris didn't mix with the local Somalis & Raxanweyn (Tunni for example)?
    Last edited by drobbah; 01-25-2021 at 11:23 AM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Dutch
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V32
    mtDNA (M)
    M1a1
    Y-DNA (M)
    G2a

Somalia Netherlands
    You think prior to the last three generations the Benadiris didn't mix with the local Somalis & Raxanweyn (Tunni for example)?
    No. Most likely we did, considering our maternal lineages is mostly local to the area. However, after independence especially, there has been allot more intermixing with local Somalis from what I have heard and can make out. My guess is this directly coincides with the urbanization of towns like Mogadishu in the last century.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Deftextra For This Useful Post:

drobbah (01-25-2021)

Suspended Account
    Sex
    Omitted
    Ethnicity
    Somali
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V32>BY75676
    mtDNA (M)
    L0a1d
    Y-DNA (M)
    T-FGC92488

Somaliland Ethiopia Adal Sultanate
    No. Most likely we did, considering our maternal lineages is mostly local to the area. However, after independence especially, there has been allot more intermixing with local Somalis from what I have heard and can make out. My guess is this directly coincides with the urbanization of towns like Mogadishu in the last century.
    From the 23andme results I've seen from Southern Somalis & Raxanweyn is that many of them have higher frequencies of trace South Asian & West Asian ancestry compared to other Somalis.Some of that could be from Banadiri females especially the old coastal clans but also the interior clans could have been impacted by Benadiri-like Sheekhash/Sheekhaal individuals could have also spread said ancestry in the interior.It probably was a bi-directional geneflow, the biyomaal sultan that signed a treaty with the Italians looked very Benadiri admixed himself.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to drobbah For This Useful Post:

Deftextra (01-25-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Dutch
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V32
    mtDNA (M)
    M1a1
    Y-DNA (M)
    G2a

Somalia Netherlands
    From the 23andme results I've seen from Southern Somalis & Raxanweyn is that many of them have higher frequencies of trace South Asian & West Asian ancestry compared to other Somalis.Some of that could be from Banadiri females especially the old coastal clans but also the interior clans could have been impacted by Benadiri-like Sheekhash/Sheekhaal individuals could have also spread said ancestry in the interior.It probably was a bi-directional geneflow, the biyomaal sultan that signed a treaty with the Italians looked very Benadiri admixed himself.
    Yeah. I have many Somali matches. The ones I match closest with almost always have minor south/west Asian ancestry.

I have also read somewhere that it was common for bandari clans to form alliances with the main clans through marriage in return for things like protection.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deftextra For This Useful Post:

drobbah (01-26-2021),  gihanga.rwanda (01-27-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Dutch
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V32
    mtDNA (M)
    M1a1
    Y-DNA (M)
    G2a

Somalia Netherlands
    Distant Myheritage match from the Comoros Islands:
    Surprising how similar we are.

comoros1.PNG
    comoros2.PNG

East Africa 30.1%

Kenyan 30.1%
    Central African 3.8%
    West Africa 17.9%
    Nigerian 15.2%
    West African2.7%
    South Asia 15.4%%
    South Asian 13.0%
    Nepali 2.4%
    West Asia 1.9%
    East Asia 2.0%
    Filipino, Indonesian and Malay 1.0%
    Chinese and Vietnamese 1.0%
    Middle-Eastern 21.7%
    Europe 1.8%
    Ashkenazi jew 1.8%

Last edited by Deftextra; 01-28-2021 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Add other percentages

Registered Users
    Sex

Distant Myheritage match from the Comoros Islands:
    Surprising how similar we are.

comoros1.PNG
    comoros2.PNG

East Africa 30.1%

Kenyan 30.1%
    Central African 3.8%
    West Africa 17.9%
    Nigerian 15.2%
    West African2.7%
    South Asia 19.3%
    South Asian 13.0%
    Nepali 2.4%
    West Asia 1.9%
    East Asia 2.0%
    Filipino, Indonesian and Malay 1.0%
    Chinese and Vietnamese 1.0%
    Are those your results in the screenshot?

Edit: Do you know what’s up with the second set of results? The bold text only adds up to 75%.
    Last edited by gihanga.rwanda; 01-28-2021 at 12:39 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to gihanga.rwanda For This Useful Post:

Deftextra (01-28-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Dutch
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V32
    mtDNA (M)
    M1a1
    Y-DNA (M)
    G2a

Somalia Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by gihanga.rwanda View Post
    Are those your results in the screenshot?

Edit: Do you know what’s up with the second set of results? The bold text only adds up to 75%.
    Thanks for pointing that out. Her results are on the right and I forgot to add her Middle-eastern percentage.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deftextra For This Useful Post:

gihanga.rwanda (01-28-2021),  SWAHILLI_PRINCE16 (01-28-2021)

Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast