Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 471

Thread: My fellow Africans share your ancestral results from different DNA companies

  1. #391
    Registered Users
    Posts
    178
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Banyamulenge
    Nationality
    D.R.Congo
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-M4451
    mtDNA (M)
    L3e1a2
    Y-DNA (M)
    E-M293
    mtDNA (P)
    L4b2a2b

    Congo Kinshasa United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by gihanga.rwanda View Post
    Is this the same Hutu that Razib wrote about in his blog? If so, do you know if s/she is from the Bakiga and Banyanduga? My guess is the latter since she has some modest Cushitic-related ancestry.

    For those of you who don’t know, the Banyandugu are Hutus from southern Rwanda; they’ve been apart of the Rwandan state since the beginning and have hence interacted with Tutsis for a longer period of time. The Bakiga are from northern Rwanda and tend to have a independent/separatist streak about them, as they were only conquered shortly before the first Europeans arrived in the region. The rivalry between these two groups, along with the Tutsis and their clans, have driven a lot of our history in the last 100 odd years. They also tend to look different imho; I am not sure if the other Rwandans here have observed the same thing.
    No, this guy is different. Unfortunately, I don't know where he is from.
    The Hutu Razib has is from Burundi and I believe after he gets updated,, he might score like this Mwiru from Ankole since there results were very similar before the update.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Espoir For This Useful Post:

     gihanga.rwanda (10-29-2020)

  3. #392
    Registered Users
    Posts
    178
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Banyamulenge
    Nationality
    D.R.Congo
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-M4451
    mtDNA (M)
    L3e1a2
    Y-DNA (M)
    E-M293
    mtDNA (P)
    L4b2a2b

    Congo Kinshasa United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaYamamoto View Post
    I'd take those results with a pinch of salt..2-3 of the UBS samples [Basoga] were recently admixed with Somali skewering this supposed introgression in favor of a old admixture event. You can see on the admix runs the AA component present in the Banyarwanda and in some Baganda is missing from the UBS samples except for in the outlier individuals. The AA introgression into the Luhya is also misinterpreted, the LWK sample are are Bukusu and have mixed with Kalenjin for a long time thus they show cushitic affinities.
    Are we sure UBS stands for Basoga? From what I read in the paper, its Ugandan Bantu speakers.

    Yeah! I just saw those individuals you referred to that have Cushitic ancestry. Its quite remarkable. What if those are Hima or Banyarwanda. These data were taken, I believe from a paper that came out not long time ago, and some individuals were absolutely shifted towards Horners. Closer to Masai, which led me believe its these Great lakes pastoralists.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Espoir For This Useful Post:

     gihanga.rwanda (10-30-2020),  ThaYamamoto (10-30-2020)

  5. #393
    Registered Users
    Posts
    585
    Y-DNA (P)
    L1c
    mtDNA (M)
    L3b

    ZanzibarSultanate Iran Southern Sudan India Nigeria ZanzibarSultanate
    Quote Originally Posted by Espoir View Post
    Are we sure UBS stands for Basoga? From what I read in the paper, its Ugandan Bantu speakers.

    Yeah! I just saw those individuals you referred to that have Cushitic ancestry. Its quite remarkable. What if those are Hima or Banyarwanda. These data were taken, I believe from a paper that came out not long time ago, and some individuals were absolutely shifted towards Horners. Closer to Masai, which led me believe its these Great lakes pastoralists.
    Hmm nah I don't think so man, you're right both the Lugbara [UNS] and UNB are originally from the Mulindwa paper. You can see that they are all Basoga individuals collected in Jinja [south-east Uganda Busoga land] in the supplements, I can't link them right now but Angoliga can confirm. In Jinja many people are admixed with Indian, Yemeni/Omani and Somali (heavy Muslim influence). My own family hails from in and around the area. For some reason they preferred to annotate Soga as UNB in this paper, I guess for simplicity although even the Mulindwa paper referred to them as UBB [Uganan Basoga Bantu]. What is interesting is that most of the Bantus across the SEA region have some semblance of Horner-like ancestry including some Baganda but there are isolated pockets such as UBS and non-Bukusu Luhyas that seem to have none except for in outliers.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThaYamamoto For This Useful Post:

     Alfa (11-13-2020),  Espoir (10-30-2020)

  7. #394
    Registered Users
    Posts
    178
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Banyamulenge
    Nationality
    D.R.Congo
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-M4451
    mtDNA (M)
    L3e1a2
    Y-DNA (M)
    E-M293
    mtDNA (P)
    L4b2a2b

    Congo Kinshasa United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaYamamoto View Post
    Hmm nah I don't think so man, you're right both the Lugbara [UNS] and UNB are originally from the Mulindwa paper. You can see that they are all Basoga individuals collected in Jinja [south-east Uganda Busoga land] in the supplements, I can't link them right now but Angoliga can confirm. In Jinja many people are admixed with Indian, Yemeni/Omani and Somali (heavy Muslim influence). My own family hails from in and around the area. For some reason they preferred to annotate Soga as UNB in this paper, I guess for simplicity although even the Mulindwa paper referred to them as UBB [Uganan Basoga Bantu]. What is interesting is that most of the Bantus across the SEA region have some semblance of Horner-like ancestry including some Baganda but there are isolated pockets such as UBS and non-Bukusu Luhyas that seem to have none except for in outliers.
    Oh! I wasn't sure. If you read the supplements, I take your word for it.

    Interesting to know that you hail from there. I lived in Uganda too. Basoga are closely related to Baganda. No wonder they overlap in the paper.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Espoir For This Useful Post:

     ThaYamamoto (10-30-2020)

  9. #395
    Registered Users
    Posts
    585
    Y-DNA (P)
    L1c
    mtDNA (M)
    L3b

    ZanzibarSultanate Iran Southern Sudan India Nigeria ZanzibarSultanate
    Quote Originally Posted by Espoir View Post
    Oh! I wasn't sure. If you read the supplements, I take your word for it.

    Interesting to know that you hail from there. I lived in Uganda too. Basoga are closely related to Baganda. No wonder they overlap in the paper.
    Haha thanks yeah I'm p sure. Oh that's cool to know that you lived in Uganda I've only ever visited a few times. Yeah I believe they are like sister-groups although oral history suggests a Bunyoro origin - and there's the case of the Luo-Babito rule which I'm sure you'll know a lot more about than me , my knowledge of the history of the region is very limited, you guys are like an encyclopedia. My family later moved to Kenya and settled in Luoland where my fathers family were based. My father has distant Luo ancestry so I'm told. What's interesting is that Basoga seem to have a lot more Nilotic [whether this is from Luo peoples or Central Sudanics I have no idea] than their sister-group Baganda. I'll have my great-uncle tested soon which should be interesting as he'll have a lot more ancestral heritage than me to investigate

  10. #396
    Registered Users
    Posts
    178
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Banyamulenge
    Nationality
    D.R.Congo
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-M4451
    mtDNA (M)
    L3e1a2
    Y-DNA (M)
    E-M293
    mtDNA (P)
    L4b2a2b

    Congo Kinshasa United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaYamamoto View Post
    Haha thanks yeah I'm p sure. Oh that's cool to know that you lived in Uganda I've only ever visited a few times. Yeah I believe they are like sister-groups although oral history suggests a Bunyoro origin - and there's the case of the Luo-Babito rule which I'm sure you'll know a lot more about than me , my knowledge of the history of the region is very limited, you guys are like an encyclopedia. My family later moved to Kenya and settled in Luoland where my fathers family were based. My father has distant Luo ancestry so I'm told. What's interesting is that Basoga seem to have a lot more Nilotic [whether this is from Luo peoples or Central Sudanics I have no idea] than their sister-group Baganda. I'll have my great-uncle tested soon which should be interesting as he'll have a lot more ancestral heritage than me to investigate
    Awesome! Baganda royal family is the one I know that claim Biito/Luo origin. I don't think the rest of the clans have any connection to Bunyoro/Biito.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Espoir For This Useful Post:

     ThaYamamoto (10-30-2020)

  12. #397
    Registered Users
    Posts
    585
    Y-DNA (P)
    L1c
    mtDNA (M)
    L3b

    ZanzibarSultanate Iran Southern Sudan India Nigeria ZanzibarSultanate
    Quote Originally Posted by Espoir View Post
    Awesome! Baganda royal family is the one I know that claim Biito/Luo origin. I don't think the rest of the clans have any connection to Bunyoro/Biito.
    So its the royalty - okay now that makes sense!

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to ThaYamamoto For This Useful Post:

     Espoir (10-30-2020)

  14. #398
    Registered Users
    Posts
    14
    Sex
    Location
    United States
    Ethnicity
    Black
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z278
    mtDNA (M)
    L3

    Bump, bump, bump up in here:

    K13 Oracle ref data revised 21 Nov 2013

    Admix Results (sorted):

    # Population Percent
    1 Sub-Saharan 74.00
    2 North_Atlantic 6.65
    3 Northeast_African 6.34
    4 West_Med 4.06
    5 Amerindian 2.31
    6 West_Asian 2.17
    7 Red_Sea 2.10
    8 Baltic 1.81

  15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jnuttz87 For This Useful Post:

     Alfa (11-01-2020),  drobbah (11-01-2020),  Espoir (10-31-2020),  Hurricane (10-31-2020),  Lenny Nero (10-31-2020)

  16. #399
    Registered Users
    Posts
    14
    Sex
    Location
    United States
    Ethnicity
    Black
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z278
    mtDNA (M)
    L3

    Apparently I got alot of Bantu in me:

    Using 1 population approximation:
    1 Bantu_S.E. @ 15.724379
    2 Bantu_S.W. @ 16.024813
    3 Mandenka @ 17.094387
    4 Biaka_Pygmy @ 17.748837
    5 Luhya @ 20.690775
    6 Bantu_N.E. @ 21.062204
    7 Yoruban @ 23.102201
    8 Yoruban @ 23.102201
    9 Mbuti_Pygmy @ 29.236851
    10 San @ 37.799778
    11 Sandawe @ 57.402630
    12 Sudanese @ 61.167999
    13 Maasai @ 65.082230
    14 Ethiopian_Anuak @ 66.461365
    15 Hadza @ 70.501534
    16 Mozabite_Berber @ 71.826561
    17 Algerian @ 73.483925
    18 Tunisian @ 73.733749
    19 Moroccan @ 75.099480
    20 Egyptian @ 81.110466

  17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jnuttz87 For This Useful Post:

     Alfa (11-01-2020),  drobbah (11-01-2020),  Espoir (10-31-2020),  Hurricane (10-31-2020),  ThaYamamoto (10-31-2020)

  18. #400
    Registered Users
    Posts
    87
    Ethnicity
    Nyiginya Clan
    Nationality
    Rwanda
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-M293
    mtDNA (M)
    L1

    Rwanda
    Quote Originally Posted by gihanga.rwanda View Post
    Is this the same Hutu that Razib wrote about in his blog? If so, do you know if s/he is from the Bakiga and Banyanduga? My guess is the latter since she has some modest Cushitic-related ancestry.

    For those of you who don’t know, the Banyandugu are Hutus from southern Rwanda; they’ve been apart of the Rwandan state since the beginning and have hence interacted with Tutsis for a longer period of time. The Bakiga are from northern Rwanda and tend to have a independent/separatist streak about them, as they were only conquered shortly before the first Europeans arrived in the region. The rivalry between these two groups, along with the Tutsis and their clans, have driven a lot of our history in the last 100 odd years. They also tend to look different imho; I am not sure if the other Rwandans here have observed the same thing.
    Banyenduga are descended from Ancient Kingdom of Nduga before it was absorbed by Rwanda kingdom, and many of their clans were also pastoralists. Some Banyenduga subclans are also found among Tutsi(it is rare). The banyenduga also look physical different especially those who are from Tutsi dominant regions of South Province. I expect many of Banyenduga people to be more cushitic than this Hutu. It also possible that some of the E-M293, and T-M184 haplogroups that were found among Hutu in Rwanda are from the Banyenduga in the South Province.
    Last edited by Alfa; 10-31-2020 at 12:27 PM.

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alfa For This Useful Post:

     gihanga.rwanda (10-31-2020),  Hurricane (10-31-2020),  NetNomad (10-31-2020)

Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-06-2018, 07:22 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-26-2018, 08:46 PM
  3. A fellow Kenyan Swahili's GEDmatch results
    By SWAHILLI_PRINCE16 in forum Eastern
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-23-2017, 04:09 PM
  4. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-16-2017, 02:10 AM
  5. different companies different mtDNA results
    By Giovanni Ca in forum FTDNA
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-22-2015, 06:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •