Nationality
    American (US)
    Y-DNA (P)
    U106>Z159>S3251+
    mtDNA (M)
    H2a3b

United States of America England Scotland Wales

H2a3b

I am H2a3b and I can't find any info on it. I'm guessing it's origins are near the Czech/Austrian border, but that's all I got. My earliest known mtDNA ancestor seems to have migrated to the US from Prussia in the mid/late 1800's, so I don't have a lot of data to play with.

Sex
    Ethnicity
    White
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b1b2a1a2f*
    mtDNA (M)
    H2a3b

H2a3b

Quote Originally Posted by gigrant74 View Post
    I am H2a3b and I can't find any info on it. I'm guessing it's origins are near the Czech/Austrian border, but that's all I got. My earliest known mtDNA ancestor seems to have migrated to the US from Prussia in the mid/late 1800's, so I don't have a lot of data to play with.
    Hi gigrant74,

I'm also H2a3b - happy to find another. I've also been curious about this fairly rare clade of MtDNA we share, and I've been scanning the internet to decipher this.

So far, I've found several small concentrations of people with this DNA: including those with Slovak, Turkish, and Jewish ancestry. It's been tough to stay consistent with evaluating distant origins. Here's what I have:

*The farthest back direct maternal ancestor I have is Mariska Masirova, born around 1760 in Lipovce, a town west of Presov in Eastern Slovakia. Masirova itself, a unique name in that area, seems to have a Tatar/Turkic origin (Masira derives from the word for 'Distance'). This would sound surprising, were it not for the other Tatar names on that side, as well as an amazing (but headache-inducing) level of ethnic and inter-religious mixing (that is quite unlike any other region I've done genealogical research in).

*Making a conjecture, I had originally thought of a Turkic/Tatar origin perhaps originating more distantly in the Caucasus. This doesn't explain your line, but perhaps your maternal ancestors pressed westward from somewhere farther east.

Keep me posted as we put this puzzle together!

-Reilly
    Last edited by rsgcwhite; 01-29-2015 at 06:43 PM.

Sex

Quote Originally Posted by rsgcwhite View Post
    Hi gigrant74,

I'm also H2a3b - happy to find another. I've also been curious about this fairly rare clade of MtDNA we share, and I've been scanning the internet to decipher this.

So far, I've found several small concentrations of people with this DNA: including those with Slovak, Turkish, and Jewish ancestry. It's been tough to stay consistent with evaluating distant origins. Here's what I have:

*The farthest back direct maternal ancestor I have is Mariska Masirova, born around 1760 in Lipovce, a town west of Presov in Eastern Slovakia. Masirova itself, a unique name in that area, seems to have a Tatar/Turkic origin (Masira derives from the word for 'Distance'). This would sound surprising, were it not for the other Tatar names on that side, as well as an amazing (but headache-inducing) level of ethnic and inter-religious mixing (that is quite unlike any other region I've done genealogical research in).

*Making a conjecture, I had originally thought of a Turkic/Tatar origin perhaps originating more distantly in the Caucasus. This doesn't explain your line, but perhaps your maternal ancestors pressed westward from somewhere farther east.

Keep me posted as we put this puzzle together!

-Reilly
    Hello, my father is probably H2a3b. We are from Slovakia and his farthest back direct maternal ancestor is Judita Jež [Yudita Yezh] born cca 1770 in Stara Tura - Slovakia. The maternal surnames from her go like this: Mikulec [Mikulets], Roháček [Rohaacheck], Vrábel[Vraabehl], Holovic[Holovits], Medňanský[Mednyanskyy], Moravús[Moravoos], Moravús, and my father Horna.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    European
    Nationality
    Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V22
    mtDNA (M)
    H2a3

Hi,

I am H2a3 and I am from Sicily. It seems very rare in Sicily and FTDNA says it's found the most in Eastern Europe

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    European
    Nationality
    Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V22
    mtDNA (M)
    H2a3

You have a further mutation from my H2a3. So far I found two other H2a3 in Sicily, the rest are all from Eastern Europe.