Thread: P314.2 and beyond

Sex

P314.2 and beyond

Howdy,

I have been absent for quite some time. I was deployed but now I am back. I was just wondering if there if there is any new news on the P314.2 SNP? I know that a lot of those "Walk the Y" results at FTDNA have been eclipsed by the newer BigY, which has given me a R-Z16533 terminal SNP now. However, I think it may be too far down into the weeds to give a broader look at clans, tribes, groups, etc.

It appeared to me a while back that the P314.2 participants always seemed to be outliers in their own particular surname projects, the McCarthy's notwithstanding. But even within that group, there is a clearly defined "4a" group that are all the SNP in questions. I could never clearly reckon in my small brain what the over arching goup might look like and come from. I also do not know if the Rathlin Island findings may have redefined the results.

The last I heard is that the epicenter for the SNP was in Scotland, around Stirling, about 1400 years ago.

So, any thoughts?

Registered Users
    Sex
    mtDNA (M)
    H
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b

Quote Originally Posted by themacmartin View Post
    Howdy,

I have been absent for quite some time. I was deployed but now I am back. I was just wondering if there if there is any new news on the P314.2 SNP? I know that a lot of those "Walk the Y" results at FTDNA have been eclipsed by the newer BigY, which has given me a R-Z16533 terminal SNP now. However, I think it may be too far down into the weeds to give a broader look at clans, tribes, groups, etc.

It appeared to me a while back that the P314.2 participants always seemed to be outliers in their own particular surname projects, the McCarthy's notwithstanding. But even within that group, there is a clearly defined "4a" group that are all the SNP in questions. I could never clearly reckon in my small brain what the over arching goup might look like and come from. I also do not know if the Rathlin Island findings may have redefined the results.

The last I heard is that the epicenter for the SNP was in Scotland, around Stirling, about 1400 years ago.

So, any thoughts?
    A good starting point is the Big Tree. It shows most Next Gen (i.e. Big Y or FGC) results.

http://www.ytree.net/DisplayTree.php...=39&star=false

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mixed Euro/Near East
    Nationality
    Canadian
    mtDNA (M)
    H11a2a3
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-YP4516/YP4807*

Canada Franco-Manitoban European Union Ottoman Empire Russia Imperial United States Grand Union
    This thread has been moved from General because it clearly belongs in R1b-L21, not General. Please try to post to the appropriate subforum in future. I've left a one-week expiring redirect to the new destination.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Other ancestral Y lines:

E1b-M81 Ukraine (Ashkenazi)
    E1b-V13 England
    I1-M253 Ireland
    I2-M423 Ukraine
    R1a-L176.1 Scotland
    R1b-L584 Syria/Turkey (Sephardi)
    R1b-L20 Ireland
    R1b-L21 (1)England; (2)Wales?>Connecticut
    R1b-L48 England
    R1b-P312 Scotland
    R1b-FGC32576 Ireland

Other ancestral mtDNA lines:

H1b2a Ukraine (Ashkenazi)
    H6a1a3 Ukraine
    K1a9 Belarus (Ashkenazi)
    K1c2 Ireland
    V7a Ukraine

Registered Users
    Sex

A good starting point is the Big Tree. It shows most Next Gen (i.e. Big Y or FGC) results.

I was a bit surprised to see that I was not included - I am Z16523, tested by YSEQ.

English but with Irish (Waterford) paternal line.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    FGC14751 [P314-Proj]

Join P314 Project

Quote Originally Posted by Peccavi View Post

I was a bit surprised to see that I was not included - I am Z16523, tested by YSEQ.

English but with Irish (Waterford) paternal line.
    Peccavi,

Please consider joining the FTDNA R Z16526 and Subclades Project [Formerly R-P314 Haplogroup Project].

Sounds like you may have some unusual STR mutations making your results hard to place; by joining the project we can then see these and may be able to help.

Also please join the YSEQ Group 32 so we can see your Z16533 test results in their “Alleles Browser”. While we can’t show your results in the FTDNA Database they will be visible in the project Phylogenic Tree when it is next revised, likely under Z16526 Group 4 with more detail than the BIG TREE can provide.

Sorry I didn’t pick up on your Anthrogenica email sooner but haven’t been spending much time here lately.

Regards,
    Jim Leahy … P314 Project Administrator

Sex

Hi, just seen this, being also Z16533. Would be good to be in touch, if you ever read these posts.
    malcolm