Page 352 of 391 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 3902

Thread: Genetic Genealogy & Ancient DNA in the News (DISCUSSION ONLY)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    G2a2b1 M406> FGC5081

Quote Originally Posted by NarLFC View Post
    Assyrians may have left minor traces in the very southern regions like Hakkari.
    Yes Mardin,Sirnak as well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny ola For This Useful Post:

Hando (06-29-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    G2a2b1 M406> FGC5081

Diyarbakır as well many people there have definitely Crypto-ArmenoAssyrian roots.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny ola For This Useful Post:

Hando (06-29-2020)

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by Onur Dincer View Post
    Here are the results of the population averages of the ancient genomes from what is now Armenia and the modern Armenian average based on my Northern Mediterranean-focused Global 25-based Vahaduo analysis:

Attachment 38177

Following Davidski, I used the AZE_Caucasus_lowlands_LN ancient genomes to represent the Late Neolithic of Armenia. The Kura-Araxes_RUS_Velikent ancient genomes are from Dagestan rather than Armenia, so their high steppe compared to the Kura-Araxes ancient genomes from Armenia should not be so surprising.

What is striking is the significant increases and decreases in the steppe ancestry in the transitions to the various periods: the transitions to the Chalcolithic and MLBA for the increases and the transitions to the EBA (Kura-Araxes) and post-MLBA (Iron Age?) for the decreases. Despite their small steppe ancestry, modern Armenians are not genetically so similar to the Kura-Araxes because of the higher CHG and lower Levant Neolithic ancestries in the Kura-Araxes. Modern Armenians in fact genetically seem like a little steppe-admixed version of the Late Neolithic population of the Caucasus lowlands, but such a simple interpretation would require us to ignore the comparatively genetically distant Chalcolithic and Bronze Age populations of what is now Armenia. So yes, what is now Armenia experienced significant genetic changes from the Neolithic times until the Iron Age times at the earliest. I think the modern Armenian gene pool formed essentially in what is now eastern Turkey rather than what is now Armenia, this interpretation is strongly backed by history too. Hopefully, with increasing ancient genomes from eastern Turkey, the question of Armenian ethnogenesis will be resolved.
    Do you mind including Arlsanteppe EBA in your model?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NarLFC For This Useful Post:

Hando (06-29-2020)

Global Moderator
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b>U152>L2>FGC32041
    mtDNA (M)
    X2e2a3
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1a>YP294>BY90442
    mtDNA (P)
    T2b

Cappadocian Kingdom Thracian Odrysian Kingdom Greek Macedonia Byzantine Empire Ottoman Empire Turkey
    Quote Originally Posted by NarLFC View Post
    Do you mind including Arlsanteppe EBA in your model?
    You can find the Arslantepe results in the public spreadsheet of my analysis:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...kkE/edit#gid=0
    Hidden Content

Y-DNA: R1b>P312>U152>L2>Z41150>DF90>FGC14641>FGC32041; Nigde, Turkey
    mtDNA: X2e2a3; Drama, Greece
    Maternal Y-DNA: R1a>Y40>YP294>BY90442; Razgrad, Bulgaria
    Father's mtDNA: T2b; Nigde, Turkey
    Paternal grandfather's mtDNA: H2a1; Nigde, Turkey
    Maternal grandfather's mtDNA: H5o; Razgrad, Bulgaria
    Father's maternal Y-DNA: R1b>P312>U152>L2>Z41150>DF90>FGC14641>FGC32041; Nigde, Turkey

Ālim-i Rūm (Scholar of Hidden Content )

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Onur Dincer For This Useful Post:

Hando (06-29-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny ola View Post
    I think many regions from Turkish Kurdistan have assilimated armeno-assyrians in their gene pool.Ofc the regions are untested but provinces like Batman, Bitlis, Siirt,Van,Igdir have been traditional armeno-assyrian with a decent also Pontic Greek settlement.What happeend to all of them?Do you really think they died in the genocides?Ofc not.Many of them have islamicized.I am pretty sure many individuals even with current Kurdish heritage will have results similar to modern armenians,assyrians,pontic greeks.
    I would wish to see Kurdish samples the provinces you mentioned but unfortunately the Kurdish samples we have are from restricted areas. The Kurds from Kazakhstan, Ezidis and those from Dersim seem to be largely not descendent from Assyrians and Armenians.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mountain For This Useful Post:

Hando (06-29-2020)

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by Onur Dincer View Post
    You can find the Arslantepe results in the public spreadsheet of my analysis:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...kkE/edit#gid=0
    Personally, I don't see much disparity over Armenians today and Kura-Araxes. The latter is simply a bit more CHG-shifted in comparison but their overall attributes are quite similar.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NarLFC For This Useful Post:

Hando (06-29-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    G2a2b1 M406> FGC5081

Quote Originally Posted by mountain View Post
    I would wish to see Kurdish samples the provinces you mentioned but unfortunately the Kurdish samples we have are from restricted areas. The Kurds from Kazakhstan, Ezidis and those from Dersim seem to be largely not descendent from Assyrians and Armenians.
    Ofc i never mention that all the Kurdish populations are the same.More specific the Kurds from Turkish Kurdistan.I am pretty sure that many of them will come close to Armenians,Assyrians,Pontic Greeks etc.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny ola For This Useful Post:

Hando (06-29-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    G2a2b1 M406> FGC5081

The Mus province of Turkey for example is it known for many Crypto-Armenians for example despite that the majority there have Kurdish ancestry.It would be nice to have some results from there...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny ola For This Useful Post:

Hando (06-29-2020)

Global Moderator
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b>U152>L2>FGC32041
    mtDNA (M)
    X2e2a3
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1a>YP294>BY90442
    mtDNA (P)
    T2b

Cappadocian Kingdom Thracian Odrysian Kingdom Greek Macedonia Byzantine Empire Ottoman Empire Turkey
    This might be help:

http://corduene.blogspot.com/2014/02...somal-dna.html
    Hidden Content

Y-DNA: R1b>P312>U152>L2>Z41150>DF90>FGC14641>FGC32041; Nigde, Turkey
    mtDNA: X2e2a3; Drama, Greece
    Maternal Y-DNA: R1a>Y40>YP294>BY90442; Razgrad, Bulgaria
    Father's mtDNA: T2b; Nigde, Turkey
    Paternal grandfather's mtDNA: H2a1; Nigde, Turkey
    Maternal grandfather's mtDNA: H5o; Razgrad, Bulgaria
    Father's maternal Y-DNA: R1b>P312>U152>L2>Z41150>DF90>FGC14641>FGC32041; Nigde, Turkey

Ālim-i Rūm (Scholar of Hidden Content )

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Onur Dincer For This Useful Post:

Hando (06-29-2020)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Kurdish, Cherkes
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    G2a*
    mtDNA (M)
    C4b

I believe Kurds started spreading in East Turkey probably during the Sassanid era. They were at war with Romans and Byzantine and probably settled people to defend Borders and then later more migration acured and assimilation.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to StarDS9 For This Useful Post:

Hando (06-29-2020)

Page 352 of 391 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362 ... LastLast