Nationality
    American
    mtDNA (M)
    J2a Germanic
    Y-DNA (P)
    L1065+ Scots Modal

United States of America Scotland Ireland Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikewww View Post
    gid=11 is the key one for L21 results. I copy/paste that one to update the L21 database which merges results from several companies together. However, I need to cross-reference with FTDNA kit #s or Ysearch IDs to make the integration work. So please post your YSEQ ID and FTDNA kit # and Chromo 2 spreadsheet ID (if you are on the anonymous 2000 spreadsheet.)
    My kit was 160 for YSEQ, Mr Tagert has my results....I have ordered Chromo 2 this evening.
    Cheers
    Eunson

Sex
    Nationality
    USA
    mtDNA (M)
    T1a1
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-S695

United States of America
    Just got started with DNA testing several months ago, and would like to supplement my basic knowledge of this with some accompanying ancient history of my "Celtic" background. If any here at this forum have some good book recommendations for ancient (both pre and post-Roman Empire) Celtic history that incorporates some of the newer anthropology and DNA, I would be grateful.

Having lurked as a reader for some weeks, I note there is a rapidly unfolding history of SNPs, and a lot of discussion about whether a particular mutation indicates a clan group or ethnic group or particular geographical location. Would I be off to the mark to say that the consensus behind the R1b-L1065 I possess is that it originated in Scotland sometime in the 5th century or thereabouts, and that being downstream of R1b-L21 and R1b-DF13, presumably came from northern France (Gaul) at an earlier point? Or is there still debate on this matter?

For my part, I have no deep STR matches on Family Tree DNA, though I have a few Stewarts (both Ancient and Scots Modal) and Buchanans at very far genetic distances. Would it be correct to infer that A) my Y-DNA comes from a very narrow slice of the population (hence only distant GD) or My genetic solitude will be resolved as more men get tested and my slice of the R1b-L1065 diaspora has their results published? Also, is there a metric to reflect how representative of a sample we who have been tested represent? Thanks in advance.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Gael
    Nationality
    Éireanach
    mtDNA (M)
    U4d3
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF41

Ireland
    Here's a recent tree generated by Alex Williamson, this image shows the L1335+ section men that he has analysed:

His full tree is available here:
    http://www.littlescottishcluster.com/RL21/NGS/Tree.html

L1335 which is parent of L1065 was originally assumed to be defining marker for Scots cluster. Subsequently it was found that a cluster called "Wales 2" was also L1335+. You can see this on the attached image.

It's probable that L1335 arose in Southern Britain, with L1065 (and equivalents) arising in Northern Britain/Scotland. The fact that the welsh cluster is L1335+ but negative for the SNP's at the L1065 level kinda implies a direction of movement.

-Paul
    (DF41+)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dubhthach For This Useful Post:

Jean M (10-05-2014)

Sex
    Nationality
    USA
    mtDNA (M)
    T1a1
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-S695

United States of America
    Does anyone have the age estimates for the various SNPs that are being unearthed? I just tested positive for R1b-S695 and am currently testing for S690. I was wondering what the ages of these are?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Colonial American
    mtDNA (M)
    H1c
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L1335

Great thread, folks. I'm an L1335er, my paternal line coming from Logiealmond/Fowlis Wester in Perthshire. I'm planning to test for some downstream markers and an open to suggestions.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to WilliamAllan For This Useful Post:

Peter MacDonald (08-23-2016)

Sex

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamAllan View Post
    Great thread, folks. I'm an L1335er, my paternal line coming from Logiealmond/Fowlis Wester in Perthshire. I'm planning to test for some downstream markers and an open to suggestions.
    Strongly suggest you do either the Yseq Scots L1335 Test Panel ($88) or the FTDNA L1065 SNP Pack ($119). You get lots of SNPs analyzed for the money.
    Larry L1065>S744>CTS4931---A5310

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lrodgers For This Useful Post:

Peter MacDonald (08-23-2016)

Is someone tracking YSEQ L1065+ results?

Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Muireagain View Post
    There is an FTDNA L1335 Project that shows a number of subgroups.

larry

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Scottish / Irish
    Nationality
    Canadian
    mtDNA (M)
    T2b-T16362C
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b L1065/S744/S756

Canada Scotland Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Muireagain View Post
    Muireagain,

I am tracking YSEQ results for S756 and down stream of it (however I am sure it is not a complete list).

Peter

Under S756 I have only two families: MacCoy and the Ferguson(group 3) from Argyll. Would you know of any more?

I am wondering if this is a branch of Cenel Loairn?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast