Sex
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z12
    mtDNA
    I3b (FMS)

Coming soon: A new 23andMe experience

[email received from 23andMe]

Dear (customer):

An important overview of the new 23andMe experience.

A new 23andMe experience will be ready for you in just a few days. The redesigned experience includes new reports and additional features that will let you share and compare your data with close family and distant relatives.

Here’s a glimpse of what’s new and different.

A different way to share
    We’ve changed the way you share data with family and friends. Your sharing data will no longer be found in your individual reports. Instead, they will all be located in a single place -- the new Share and Compare tool. Share and Compare lets you opt-in to compare genetic similarities between you and your family or friends. Learn more: https://customercare.23andme.com/hc/...cles/222643527

Archived reports
    All of your current 23andMe health reports will be saved in an archive of downloadable PDF documents, so you’ll always have access to them. Learn more: https://customercare.23andme.com/hc/...eports_archive

Some things are going away
    We’ll be removing some of our less popular features from the previous 23andMe experience. For a complete list of what won’t be available in the new experience, click here: https://customercare.23andme.com/hc/...cles/222643527

We will email you in the next few days once your new experience is ready...more soon.

(The 23andMe Team )

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GTC For This Useful Post:

AJL (08-07-2016),  AnnieD (08-07-2016),  Clinton P (08-07-2016),  jortita (08-07-2016),  leonardo (08-07-2016),  MatAust21 (08-08-2016),  PLogan (08-26-2016),  sgdavies@hotmail.com (08-26-2016),  shazou (08-07-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Assamese
    Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA
    R1a1
    mtDNA
    M13'46'61

India China Tajikistan Mongolia Russian Federation Papua New Guinea
    As I am based in Thailand and keen to test, would really appreciate if you could please let me know when it would be available in Thailand, thank you

Administrator
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z12
    mtDNA
    I3b (FMS)

Quote Originally Posted by jortita View Post
    As I am based in Thailand and keen to test, would really appreciate if you could please let me know when it would be available in Thailand, thank you
    Please note that what I quoted was an email sent to existing members, such as I. (I've updated my post to make that clear.)

Your question would be better asked of 23andMe themselves, here: https://customercare.23andme.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Registered Users
    Sex

It has been available since October 21, 2015 for new users. https://customercare.23andme.com/hc/...e-new-23andMe-

Existing users were supposed to have been migrated by December 31, 2015 according to an email I received in October 2015. We don't have to be restested.

https://customercare.23andme.com/hc/...e-new-23andMe-

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Assamese
    Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA
    R1a1
    mtDNA
    M13'46'61

India China Tajikistan Mongolia Russian Federation Papua New Guinea
    Sorry GTC, I thought you were a representative of 23andMe, similar to Ray Wu for Wegene

Administrator
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z12
    mtDNA
    I3b (FMS)

I took jortit's question to mean when will 23andMe kits be available to customers living in in Thailand.

There used to be a page on the 23andMe site that listed countries it will ship kits to, but that page seem to be unavailable now.

Hence my suggestion that he put his question directly to 23andMe.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GTC For This Useful Post:

ArmandoR1b (08-07-2016)

Administrator
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z12
    mtDNA
    I3b (FMS)

Sorry GTC, I thought you were a representative of 23andMe, similar to Ray Wu for Wegene
    No problem.

Anthrogenica's policy is that testing company reps need to identify themselves explicitly as that.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GTC For This Useful Post:

Scarlet Ibis (08-08-2016)

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mostly West European
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    R1b-U106 (Father)
    mtDNA
    H1J2A

United States of America United Kingdom England Scotland Germany Belgium
    I officially "emigrated" to the new site last week, gaining & losing a few AC % along the way. I generally fall under the ubiquitous mostly early American of mostly British diaspora customer base and was curious (encouraged?) to see my B/I & F/G % slightly increased by way of decreasing "Broadly NW European." Thus far, my detailed Profile from TOE is MIA, but I greatly like the Reports and Traits formats with the options to drill down into Biology, History and "Other Factors."

Thus far, 3 out of 4 Trait predictions are off for me, so either I'm a freak or need to take advantage of their solicitation to participate in their Research process. LOL! Overall, it seems that there are enough "toys" or reports & tools to appease the Ancestry genetics set, in spite of losing popular tools such as COA, while the suspected primary mission of advancing health genetics seems evident.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnnieD For This Useful Post:

Illyro-Vlach (08-08-2016),  vettor (08-07-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Nationality
    Norwegian
    Y-DNA
    R1b-FGC5512
    mtDNA
    U5b1b1(T16192C)

Norway Russia Tatarstan Arms Germany Imperial Romani Faroe Islands England
    We are still waiting to transition...Allot of our DNA matches have transitioned already though...

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    R-Y20359
    mtDNA
    H1c9a

I haven't seen any changes to my account. I did opt out of the research component. Will this affect my status? To be honest, since the change in philosophy and price, the genetic matches have been few. I have tested with FTDNA and Ancestry DNA as well. I check those often, but 23andMe seldom, because I am not finding many matches worth pursuing. I certainly would not pay $199, if my primary interest is genealogy genetics.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast