Nationality
    NEDlander
    Y-DNA
    R-BY21739
    mtDNA
    H3ap

United States of America

Free all my ancestry?

Greetings folks. I logged into my chromo2 account for the first time in months and noticed something peculiar; I apparently have results for all my ancestry even though my chromo2 purchase in 2013 was only for the ydna.

Has anyone else experienced this, or is it just a demo? The results shown seem legit (their version of global similarity shows my i.d., bd12022), but I'm not sure why they're even there (not that I'm complaining if I did in fact get a free test for whatever reason).
    Last edited by Telfermagne; 08-22-2016 at 11:18 PM.
    Ich verstehe nicht.

Sex
    Omitted
    Y-DNA
    I - L338/YSC261
    mtDNA
    V

England Ireland Denmark Sweden Norway
    I tested my relatives yDNA with Chromo 2 in 2014. I'm sure he had the Global Connections, Population Percentages and Chromosome Painting from that test. He sits in the middle of British and German, with some Norwegian and French nearby. which sounds about right for an I L338 guy.
    Is this what your seeing?

I don't remember seeing the Distribution percentages etcc for the yDNA results before. Considering our results is Anglo Saxon I - S21954 (L338) and we trace our ydna line back to NE Essex England (basically East Anglia) the Haplogroup Worldwide and UK Regional Distribution has our best results from Wales. Not where I would expect a lot of Anglo Saxon yDNA.
    Last edited by rivergirl; 08-23-2016 at 02:57 AM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    NEDlander
    Y-DNA
    R-BY21739
    mtDNA
    H3ap

United States of America
    What I'm seeing is under a tab called all my ancestry, separate from my ydna results (including chromosome painting, etc. Nothing to do with ydna). Thumbnails attached. It's odd since my order was only for their chromo-2 ydna, but my sample i.d. is clear on their global similarity.
    Ich verstehe nicht.

Sex
    Omitted
    Y-DNA
    I - L338/YSC261
    mtDNA
    V

England Ireland Denmark Sweden Norway
    As I said in my previous post, I'm sure my relative had the Ancestry results from his original chromo test; Global connection, Population Percentages, Chromosome Painting.
    That was back in early 2014.

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Isles Celto-Germanic
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA
    I1 Z140+ A21912+
    mtDNA
    V

Wales England Cornwall Scotland Ireland Normandie
    Quote Originally Posted by rivergirl View Post
    I tested my relatives yDNA with Chromo 2 in 2014. I'm sure he had the Global Connections, Population Percentages and Chromosome Painting from that test. He sits in the middle of British and German, with some Norwegian and French nearby. which sounds about right for an I L338 guy.
    Is this what your seeing?

I don't remember seeing the Distribution percentages etcc for the yDNA results before. Considering our results is Anglo Saxon I - S21954 (L338) and we trace our ydna line back to NE Essex England (basically East Anglia) the Haplogroup Worldwide and UK Regional Distribution has our best results from Wales. Not where I would expect a lot of Anglo Saxon yDNA.
    There was mass English settlement in Pembrokeshire and the Gower in the middle ages, plus Flemish immigration in the same area later. Also, it seems there was considerable early Anglian settlement along the coast as revealed in place names including Anglesea. And then of course English workers moved into the Valleys after the industrial revolution. It would be interesting to see a breakdown of the Welsh BDNA database by location and surname

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Scots
    Y-DNA
    R-L21/L1335/L1065
    mtDNA
    unknown

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Telfermagne View Post
    Greetings folks. I logged into my chromo2 account for the first time in months and noticed something peculiar; I apparently have results for all my ancestry even though my chromo2 purchase in 2013 was only for the ydna.

Has anyone else experienced this, or is it just a demo? The results shown seem legit (their version of global similarity shows my i.d., bd12022), but I'm not sure why they're even there (not that I'm complaining if I did in fact get a free test for whatever reason).
    yes. i just logged on and found analyses i had not paid for in addition to the raw y-dna snp test i had ordered. maybe this is part of the "new" BDNA - the new webside is "mydna.global"?
    R-L21/DF13>L1335>L1065>S744>S764>S7364