Ethnicity
    northwesterner
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-BY3604-Z275
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a1

Normandie Orkney Netherlands Friesland East Frisia Finland
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Thank Angles. At first I was under the impression that you had only taken the French samples, it turned out not to be the case. I had the same experience and questions as Trelvern. An advantage is that I was able to experience the relocation of Treveln from neighbor to a somewhat 'further friend'. I am one of those who secretly hopes to discover a certain substructure, perhaps idle hope. Eventually, the Finn's ended up where we usually end up in the NW, with my father in the westernmost corner (Scottish), mother in the northeastern corner (Sweden) and I floating somewhere in between. Based on your comment about the 'cluster' Central-North (via German-East> Swede), I think I can observe a certain clustering, is that correct? I see that especially Finn Mom (and I in her slipstream) has a pull to this cluster ... this is also very clear from the maps of Ph2ter. Is that right?
    You know that the Normans are prudent and reserved people, and although only partly Norman I am on all questions very careful and thoughtful. I am currently very busy experimenting with this visualization tool, and I am very far from coming to a conclusion about its use. I have perfected my script, and in particular I can now draw paths between points with two mouse clicks. The distortions that such simple operations cause on the whole map make me fear that this tool, put in the hands of amateurs in too much of a hurry, could lead to disastrous interpretations. To be continued, therefore.
    More precisely, I cannot find anything very particular to say about the locations of the "Finn trio". I can only repeat what I have told you many times: if there is indeed a fine structure in the Netherlands, of which the Rhine is the fundamental geographical element (which obviously would not surprise me at all), it takes more, or better to say, something else, than G25 to highlight it. I will not budge, G25 is a pleasant tool for amateurs, possibly useful for educational purposes, but nothing more.
    En North alom, de North venom
    En North fum naiz, en North manom

(Roman de Rou, Wace, 1160-1170)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anglesqueville For This Useful Post:

Finn (11-15-2020),  JMcB (11-15-2020)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    SGC+TRB Creool
    Nationality
    NL
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V22

Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by anglesqueville View Post
    You know that the Normans are prudent and reserved people, and although only partly Norman I am on all questions very careful and thoughtful. I am currently very busy experimenting with this visualization tool, and I am very far from coming to a conclusion about its use. I have perfected my script, and in particular I can now draw paths between points with two mouse clicks. The distortions that such simple operations cause on the whole map make me fear that this tool, put in the hands of amateurs in too much of a hurry, could lead to disastrous interpretations. To be continued, therefore.
    More precisely, I cannot find anything very particular to say about the locations of the "Finn trio". I can only repeat what I have told you many times: if there is indeed a fine structure in the Netherlands, of which the Rhine is the fundamental geographical element (which obviously would not surprise me at all), it takes more, or better to say, something else, than G25 to highlight it. I will not budge, G25 is a pleasant tool for amateurs, possibly useful for educational purposes, but nothing more.
    Thanks! I can't grasp the mathematical side. But It was just so evident that Treveln were at first neighbors and then we drifted apart snif snif....and Finn Mom (less I) got that NE Germanic touch again.

I only know my French father in law from outmost NW-ern France, compared to him I'm quite sober Angles hahahah And although in this respect really not prude I'm still not used to kiss him....I always make the excuse, 'Je suis un barbare du nord'

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Finn For This Useful Post:

JMcB (11-15-2020),  Trelvern (11-15-2020)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    northwesterner
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-BY3604-Z275
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a1

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Thanks! I can't grasp the mathematical side. But It was just so evident that Treveln were at first neighbors and then we drifted apart snif snif....and Finn Mom (less I) got that NE Germanic touch again.

I only know my French father in law from outmost NW-ern France, compared to him I'm quite sober Angles hahahah And although in this respect really not prude I'm still not used to kiss him....I always make the excuse, 'Je suis un barbare du nord'
    My dear friend, no apology is needed. There is nothing more unbearable than the self-proclaimed little masters, and if I don't write "in my humble opinion" at the beginning of every sentence it's only because it would quickly be unreadable. I have very specialized training in mathematics, but this is not necessarily an advantage. Besides, Ger on occasion has not failed to stigmatize my ultra-abstract way of approaching questions, and after all, he may be right. As it stands, I only see four structures in the maps I get, or four and a half if you like: the Iberian, the East Mediterranean, the huge and sticky West-North-Center structure, and the Eastern structure (the "and a half" is for the small Finno-Saami group). There you go, that's all I can see. But after all, there may be finer things there, and I'm not smart enough to see them. This would be bad news for me, but good for everyone else because it would mean that it is possible to extract very fine information from G25 and that with a very simple visualization tool, and without the need for to have very heavy genetic data. I'm very very (very) sceptical. Take my father. He's 1/8 Finnish (genealogically attested) with very likely Saami roots. 1/8 it's a lot, for a genetical group as distant and characterized as the Finns. This particularity is absolutely unseeable with the usual PC1-PC2 representation of G25. Here, on "my" maps, I'm of course tempted to tell that his point is attracted by the Finno-Saamic cluster, but what would be the validity of such an observation, since in the close vicinity of his point there are others that represent people who have absolutely no Finnish ancestry at all? No, definitely no, visualisation is visualisation, analysis is analysis. The first one can give ideas for the second one, but cannot replace it.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to anglesqueville For This Useful Post:

fabrice E (11-15-2020),  Finn (11-15-2020),  JMcB (11-15-2020),  jstephan (11-15-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    West European
    Nationality
    French
    Y-DNA (P)
    I1-Z17954>A8096
    mtDNA (M)
    H1e1a
    mtDNA (P)
    H6

France Lyon France Germany Byzantine Empire
    On peut m'éclairer ? Médiéval ?

BY63754 Trajet.JPG
    V2 K15 (Average France) => North Sea : 27.46 (28.25) - Atlantic : 21.26 (26.05) - West Med : 19.05 (15.53) - Baltic : 9.17 (8.22) - Eastern Euro : 8.80 (6.32) - West Asian : 6.31 (4.66) - East Med : 4.85 (6.72) - Red Sea : 2.08 (2.83) - Amerindian : 1.02 (0.20)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Lyonnist For This Useful Post:

Dalluin (11-16-2020),  JMcB (11-15-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    West European
    Nationality
    French
    Y-DNA (P)
    I1-Z17954>A8096
    mtDNA (M)
    H1e1a
    mtDNA (P)
    H6

France Lyon France Germany Byzantine Empire
    Le drapeau lyonnais est disponible dans le profil, je suis tellement heureux.
    V2 K15 (Average France) => North Sea : 27.46 (28.25) - Atlantic : 21.26 (26.05) - West Med : 19.05 (15.53) - Baltic : 9.17 (8.22) - Eastern Euro : 8.80 (6.32) - West Asian : 6.31 (4.66) - East Med : 4.85 (6.72) - Red Sea : 2.08 (2.83) - Amerindian : 1.02 (0.20)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Lyonnist For This Useful Post:

Dalluin (11-16-2020),  JMcB (12-05-2020)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    French Canadian
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-BY3654 cousin test
    mtDNA (M)
    H3a

Canada Acadia Canada Quebec Franco-Ontarian Wallonia Scotland
    Parlant de déménagement, je suis passée d’une position centrale à la périphérie. Généalogiquement parlant, ça pourrait se comprendre si je regarde où se situe l’haplogroupe Y, mais en autosomal, c’est assez différent de ce que donne la carte qui a pas mal de sud-ouest/sud.

Notre société de généalogie a dans le moment un projet sur les soldats du régiment de Carignan qui ont contribué au peuplement de la Nouvelle-France et ont amené une plus grande diversité des origines. J’ai parmi eux un Pierre Joncas, qui, lorsque j’ai regardé l’origine du nom était un Junca, carrément Sud, près de l’Espagne. (Techniquement pas du régiment de Carignan, mais du régiment de l’Allier dont certaines compagnie se sont jointes à celles de Carignan-Salières). On est en moyenne à la 10e génération, alors ça pèse pas si lourd, mais quand même. Pour la petite histoire, de mes neufs soldats identifiés, six ont épousé des Filles du Roy.

Hors-sujet: l’animal de ton avatar est déjà impressionnant, surtout les pattes, Ouch les coups de griffes!
    Avatar: carte G25 Map par/by ph2ter
    K13 : 55.7% North_Dutch + 44.3% Spanish_Andalucia @ 1,7
    K15 : 79.6% Orcadian + 20.4% Sardinian @ 3,27
    Of course one population is French... @ 4,09 and 5,38 for K13 and K15.
    Y-DNA of ancestors include R U-152> R-Z193> BY3642> BY3654, J-M67 (from 23andMe genocousins -12 lines to this ancestor),
    J-CTS1192 (Z387) and E-L117 (from French Heritage DNA Project at FT-DNA)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Titane For This Useful Post:

JMcB (11-26-2020)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    northwesterner
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-BY3604-Z275
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a1

Quote Originally Posted by Titane View Post
    Hors-sujet: l’animal de ton avatar est déjà impressionnant, surtout les pattes, Ouch les coups de griffes!
    Je l'ai porté au véto hier pour son rappel de vaccin. En 3 semaines son poids a crû de 80%, et sa longueur museau-queue d'au-moins 15 cm (facile de mesurer la bête...). Sinon, il n'a peur de rien ni personne, nous tend des guet-happens, vient me chercher dans mon bureau sur les coups de 18 h pour que je joue avec lui, et j'en passe. S'il est comme ça à 4 mois, j'ai hâte de voir comment il sera une fois adulte. Décidément l'eugénisme a du bon

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anglesqueville For This Useful Post:

JMcB (11-26-2020),  Titane (11-26-2020)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    French Canadian
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-BY3654 cousin test
    mtDNA (M)
    H3a

Canada Acadia Canada Quebec Franco-Ontarian Wallonia Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by anglesqueville View Post
    Je l'ai porté au véto hier pour son rappel de vaccin. En 3 semaines son poids a crû de 80%, et sa longueur museau-queue d'au-moins 15 cm (facile de mesurer la bête...). Sinon, il n'a peur de rien ni personne, nous tend des guet-happens, vient me chercher dans mon bureau sur les coups de 18 h pour que je joue avec lui, et j'en passe. S'il est comme ça à 4 mois, j'ai hâte de voir comment il sera une fois adulte. Décidément l'eugénisme a du bon
    L’animal réussit très bien à entraîner son humain, qui lui en redemande!
    Avatar: carte G25 Map par/by ph2ter
    K13 : 55.7% North_Dutch + 44.3% Spanish_Andalucia @ 1,7
    K15 : 79.6% Orcadian + 20.4% Sardinian @ 3,27
    Of course one population is French... @ 4,09 and 5,38 for K13 and K15.
    Y-DNA of ancestors include R U-152> R-Z193> BY3642> BY3654, J-M67 (from 23andMe genocousins -12 lines to this ancestor),
    J-CTS1192 (Z387) and E-L117 (from French Heritage DNA Project at FT-DNA)

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Titane For This Useful Post:

anglesqueville (11-27-2020),  JMcB (11-27-2020)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    NW European
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-L813 >Y36690
    mtDNA (M)
    H3s
    mtDNA (P)
    H3s

Normandie France Bretagne
    Mobilité humaine à Tell Atchana en Turquie au second millénaire avant JC.

http://secher.bernard.free.fr/blog/i...naire-avant-JC
    Recent Ancestry, full Normand. Known Genealogy 7/8 of the Cotentin peninsula 1/8 region of Coutances. Unfortunately, there are many missing branches on the maternal side.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Helgenes50 For This Useful Post:

etrusco (12-08-2020),  fabrice E (12-07-2020),  ffoucart (12-09-2020),  JMcB (12-05-2020)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    NW European
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-L813 >Y36690
    mtDNA (M)
    H3s
    mtDNA (P)
    H3s

Normandie France Bretagne
    Une des régions les plus étudiées en Normandie, la Hague.

ARCHÉOLOGIE, HISTOIRE ET ANTHROPOLOGIE
    DE LA PRESQU’ÎLE DE LA HAGUE (MANCHE)

Articles intéresants page 41 sur les tumulus et page 63 sur la présence Viking

https://www.academia.edu/932667/Arch...ard=view-paper

Screenshot_2020-12-07 Archéologie, histoire et anthropologie de la presqu’île de La Hague (Manch.png
    Recent Ancestry, full Normand. Known Genealogy 7/8 of the Cotentin peninsula 1/8 region of Coutances. Unfortunately, there are many missing branches on the maternal side.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Helgenes50 For This Useful Post:

anglesqueville (12-07-2020),  fabrice E (12-07-2020),  JMcB (12-07-2020),  jstephan (12-07-2020),  palamede (12-15-2020)

Page 563 of 568 FirstFirst ... 63463513553561562563564565 ... LastLast