Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L2>R-BY115665
    mtDNA (M)
    I2

United Kingdom European Union England

Yfull report

I finally have my yfull report (see link). It appears to suggest I am at the end of the road on my ydna research? Is there any other y testing I can get done to delve deeper? My only choice now appears to wait in hope that others in my haplogroup also test and add to the knowledge.

http://www.yfull.com/share/yreport/8...0de9396df0f26/

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bdeed For This Useful Post:

MfA (01-05-2017),  PLogan (09-04-2016)

Gold Class Member
    Sex

R-S1491 has a TMRCA of 3300 years. If you have any 67-marker matches in the FTDNA database, you could write to them, offering to contribute toward their Big Y tests (the next time FTDNA offers a discount sale on the Big Y).

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b
    mtDNA (M)
    H

Quote Originally Posted by lgmayka View Post
    R-S1491 has a TMRCA of 3300 years. If you have any 67-marker matches in the FTDNA database, you could write to them, offering to contribute toward their Big Y tests (the next time FTDNA offers a discount sale on the Big Y).
    I agree with Lawrence. Once you do a Next Generation Sequencing test, the best course of action is to get people who might be on one of your more youthful branches to test for Big Y (or the same NGS test whatever it is).

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L2>R-BY115665
    mtDNA (M)
    I2

United Kingdom European Union England
    Thanks both. No close matches yet so a waiting game it is! Is it worth checking for other downstream snps? I know bigy doesn't check on some things out would these have been picked up by yfull/ytree(Alex)?

Banned
    Sex
    Omitted

Quote Originally Posted by Bdeed View Post
    I finally have my yfull report (see link). It appears to suggest I am at the end of the road on my ydna research? Is there any other y testing I can get done to delve deeper? My only choice now appears to wait in hope that others in my haplogroup also test and add to the knowledge.

http://www.yfull.com/share/yreport/8...0de9396df0f26/
    You could use this site to name your SNPs and to create an SNP panel. When you find some 67 marker matches you can offer to help them to pay for your specific SNP panel test. You will be able to determine how close you are to your 67 marker matches.
    https://www.yseq.net/
    Here is how to order multiple SNPs at YSEQ.
    1. If you haven't tested at YSEQ you need to create an account. Look at the top right corner for MY ACCOUNT. After you have an account you can place an order
    2. click WISH A SNP on the right side of the page under BEST SELLERS
    3. select the haplogroup from the drop down list
    4. click ADD TO CART
    5. on the next page you will see a box with 1 inside and a light blue UPDATE BUTTON to the right
    6. change the 1 to the number of SNPs you need to wish and click the UPDATE BUTTON
    7. your total due should change to the number of wished SNPs
    8. click CHECKOUT
    9. in the ADD COMMENTS ABOUT YOUR ORDER SECTION paste the info about the SNPs you are wishing and add a brief note about the origin of the SNPs. Your notes will help YSEQ and remind you later about the origin of the SNPs.