Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: mtDNA haplogroup C1b (= Native American)?? But they're all from Europe!

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-FGC24357
    mtDNA (M)
    H5

United States of America Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmandoR1b View Post
    It's extremely simple. His direct maternal line is from the U.S. also and he has an error or a brick wall in his genealogy.
    The way I read his first post seemed to indicate that he thought his maternal line passed through Great Britain/Europe. I just give one quite plausible scenario how that could happen.

Jack Wyatt

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by C J Wyatt III View Post
    The way I read his first post seemed to indicate that he thought his maternal line passed through Great Britain/Europe. I just give one quite plausible scenario how that could happen.

Jack Wyatt
    There is a 0% chance of that having been the case for his mtDNA. No C1b has been found in Europe and lots of it has been found in the Americas where he is from.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArmandoR1b For This Useful Post:

Power77 (02-04-2018),  procoptodon (03-24-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Megalophias View Post
    Doesn't matter what colour anyone's hair is, or where anyone's surname is from. The question is where your maternal grandmother's mother is from, and so on back.

Every chance is that it's a Native American woman, in America, either legitimately or by the old wife-on-the-side.
    My Mother was born in Havana, Cuba
    My Maternal Grandmother was also born in Havana, Cuba
    My Maternal Great-Parents are from Torin, Italy (Surname GGF: de Aldrey, GGM: Buffa)

My mother and grandparents (maternal) immigrated to the USA during the Bay of Pigs..

My Maternal Grandfather's surname is Jackson, terminal haplogroup is P-312 if that helps. I doubt seriously that anyone is native-native Americas, at least in pre-modern history. A lot of European (Austria, Alps region and N. Italy traced records on my maternal mTDNA tree). So the C1b mTDNA still is a mystery to me. My maternal grandfather's family came over from England to the Boston area during the revolution, my late GF was a member of the Sons of the Revolution.

Any sugesiton based on this new info?
    "The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands..."

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    mixed European
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    Dad: R1b/L21/DF63
    mtDNA (M)
    K2b2
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-M269
    mtDNA (P)
    K2b1a1a

United States of America England Wales Sweden Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by PMCGUN04 View Post
    My Maternal Great-Parents are from Torin, Italy (Surname GGF: de Aldrey, GGM: Buffa)

My mother and grandparents (maternal) immigrated to the USA during the Bay of Pigs..

My Maternal Grandfather's surname is Jackson, terminal haplogroup is P-312 if that helps. I doubt seriously that anyone is native-native Americas, at least in pre-modern history. A lot of European (Austria, Alps region and N. Italy traced records on my maternal mTDNA tree). So the C1b mTDNA still is a mystery to me. My maternal grandfather's family came over from England to the Boston area during the revolution, my late GF was a member of the Sons of the Revolution.

I'm confused so am going to repeat this to make sure I have it correct. Your maternal grandmother was born in Cuba, and her mother was born in Italy? This is the only line that matters for mtDNA, your maternal grandfather's does not. How well documented is it that the maternal great grandmother was born in Italy and what do you know about the family before that? What do your autosomal tests show (totally possible mtDNA could be Native American and not show up on autosomal, but that would show percentage of Italian and so on).

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Sex

A hypothesis is that your grandmother could have been adopted by these Italian migrants, and she would have been already mixed, pred-european, so you ended up with C1b from Cuba and have no Au DNA from native americans.

Are any of your mtdna matches cuban?, what appears in your "Ancestral Origins" tab?

This is one crazy scenario, but..
    Last edited by Kurumim; 01-25-2018 at 01:26 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kurumim For This Useful Post:

Power77 (02-04-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex

Okay.. clicked on the link after searching "mtdna c1b". Hello again everyone. I think I'm more up to speed as to the difference btw Y, auto, and mtdna now. To answer the key question above - yes, my maternal line via females (mother-GM-GGM-GGGM) is Cuba 🇨🇺 ➡️Cuba 🇨🇺➡️Italy 🇮🇹 ➡️Austria 🇦🇹

These are not verified from a birth place, only family records. The maternal surnames (Mother-GM-GGM..) Are...

Mom's: Jackson
    GM: Buffa
    GGM: de Aldrey
    GGGM: TBA

Every record on FTDNA with C1b is Brazil, Cuba, etc.. so there is simply not enough data on confirmed testers, or my maternal line originates from ancient S. American tribes from the Amazon. The later is 99.99% unlikely.

With this updated info I would like to hear everyone's revised hypotheses and suggestions. Thanks in advance everyone.
    Last edited by PMCGUN04; 02-03-2018 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Misspelled Surname

Registered Users
    Sex

Okay.. clicked on the link after searching "mtdna c1b". Hello again everyone. I think I'm more up to speed as to the difference btw Y, auto, and mtdna now. To answer the key question above - yes, my maternal line via females (mother-GM-GGM-GGGM) is Cuba ���� ➡️Cuba ����➡️Italy ���� ➡️Austria ����

These are not verified from a birth place, only family records. The maternal surnames (Mother-GM-GGM..) Are...

Every record on FTDNA with C1b is Brazil, Cuba, etc.. so there is simply not enough data on confirmed testers, or my maternal line originates from ancient S. American tribes from the Amazon. The later is 99.99% unlikely.

With this updated info I would like to hear everyone's revised hypotheses and suggestions. Thanks in advance everyone.
    Your direct maternal line in unquestionably Native American. Your have an error in your genealogy.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArmandoR1b For This Useful Post:

Kurumim (02-04-2018),  Power77 (02-04-2018)

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Sex

Okay.. clicked on the link after searching "mtdna c1b". Hello again everyone. I think I'm more up to speed as to the difference btw Y, auto, and mtdna now. To answer the key question above - yes, my maternal line via females (mother-GM-GGM-GGGM) is Cuba ���� ➡️Cuba ����➡️Italy ���� ➡️Austria ����

If you still don't think you are C1b, I would advice you to test with another company like Yseq, and confirm it. C1b is very Amerindian, and I think the same thing as the user above me.

Me as an example, I have HVR1 matches all over The Americas too, even a person in Spain, that surely migrated from Latin America there, and I have only one HVR1/2 match and he is from my country, actually in the neighboring state of the most distant female ancestor I know of, we for sure have an ancestral in common, not sure how far tho.
    Last edited by Kurumim; 02-04-2018 at 12:26 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kurumim For This Useful Post:

Power77 (02-04-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2a1

Have you done an autosomal DNA test? Would be interesting to see if that shows Native American ancestry.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GailT For This Useful Post:

Power77 (02-04-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex

The direct maternal line of PMCGUN04 is from Venezuela. His ancestors are in Familysearch.org,Ancestry.com and Geneanet.org. His direct maternal line is unquestionably Native American as I had stated earlier.

Mom's: Jackson > GM: Buffa > GGM: Celeste de Aldrey (born 14 Dec 1908 in Caracas, Venezuela. Catholic Baptism 05 Sep 1909 Caracas, Venezuela) married to Cuban national Federico Buffa b. 31 July, 1905 in Rivarolo Canavese, Torino > GGGM: María García Bermúdez (born abt 1868 married 23 January 1889 to Mario Aldrey Jiménez in Caracas, Venezuela)

Celeste Aldrey.PNG

Celeste Aida Aldrey García baptism.PNG

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QGLD-Z7R5

"Venezuela, registros parroquiales y diocesanos, 1577-1995," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/...02%2C377926801 : 18 January 2018), Distrito Federal > Caracas > Nuestra Señora de la Candelaria > Bautismos 1847-1912 > image 2878 of 3049; parroquias Católicas (Catholic Church parishes), Venezuela.

María García.PNG

http://bit.ly/2ED1Z7k

If he does not show Native American autosomal DNA with FTDNA myOrigins, AncestryDNA, or 23andme it is because the Native American ancestry is too far back. If he does it is from the Venezuelan ancestry since Buffa was a Cuban national born in Italy. So the Native American autosomal DNA would be from 3 generations ago. If Celeste de Aldrey only had 8% NA then PMCGUN04 should only have about 1%-2% if he has any.

In his first post he wrote that the surname of De Aldrey is from Normandy. It is originally from Galicia, Spain.

http://linajes.net/esq22.php?nombre=...&submit=Buscar

https://www.misapellidos.com/signifi...rey-56239.html

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArmandoR1b For This Useful Post:

Kurumim (02-04-2018),  palamede (02-10-2018)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast