Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: U5a2b

  1. #1
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    1,507
    Sex
    Location
    Canada
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-Y15245>FT360326
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2b5
    Y-DNA (M)
    R-Z36>Y156527

    Italy Italy Sicily Italy Two Sicilies Vatican Star of David

    U5a2b

    Hi all,

    Can someone tell the history or the movement of U5a2b? My mother is from Sicily, province of Agrigento, I only have 3 matches mt matches on Ftdna, is my Mtdna rare?

  2. #2
    Registered Users
    Posts
    448
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Nationality
    Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-S185
    mtDNA (M)
    U5b2b

    Italy Italy Sicily Byzantine Empire
    We've the same mtDNA and my side is from Sicily too. Eupedia said:

    U5a2b
    U5a2b1: found in western and central Europe, in Russia and in Kazakhstan
    U5a2b2: found in Ukraine and northern Italy
    U5a2b3: found in England, Hungary and Finland
    U5a2b4: found in Ireland, France and Norway

  3. #3
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    1,507
    Sex
    Location
    Canada
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-Y15245>FT360326
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2b5
    Y-DNA (M)
    R-Z36>Y156527

    Italy Italy Sicily Italy Two Sicilies Vatican Star of David
    Quote Originally Posted by Morges View Post
    We've the same mtDNA and my side is from Sicily too. Eupedia said:

    U5a2b
    U5a2b1: found in western and central Europe, in Russia and in Kazakhstan
    U5a2b2: found in Ukraine and northern Italy
    U5a2b3: found in England, Hungary and Finland
    U5a2b4: found in Ireland, France and Norway
    Very cool so does that makes distant maternal cousins? What part of Sicily is mother from? And im not sure which U5a2b it is nat geo gave me U5a2b5 which there isn't a lot of information on, and ftdna just gave me U5a2b no additional clade.

  4. #4
    Registered Users
    Posts
    448
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Nationality
    Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-S185
    mtDNA (M)
    U5b2b

    Italy Italy Sicily Byzantine Empire
    Quote Originally Posted by Principe View Post
    Very cool so does that makes distant maternal cousins? What part of Sicily is mother from? And im not sure which U5a2b it is nat geo gave me U5a2b5 which there isn't a lot of information on, and ftdna just gave me U5a2b no additional clade.
    Maternal side from south east Sicily.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Morges For This Useful Post:

     Principe (09-09-2016)

  6. #5
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    1,507
    Sex
    Location
    Canada
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-Y15245>FT360326
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2b5
    Y-DNA (M)
    R-Z36>Y156527

    Italy Italy Sicily Italy Two Sicilies Vatican Star of David
    Quote Originally Posted by Morges View Post
    Maternal side from south east Sicily.
    Okay so were not to far technically as I am from south west Sicily.

  7. #6
    Registered Users
    Posts
    448
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Nationality
    Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-S185
    mtDNA (M)
    U5b2b

    Italy Italy Sicily Byzantine Empire
    Yeah I'm sure that this mtDNA is more common in South Italy more than Eupedia said.

  8. #7
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    1,507
    Sex
    Location
    Canada
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-Y15245>FT360326
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2b5
    Y-DNA (M)
    R-Z36>Y156527

    Italy Italy Sicily Italy Two Sicilies Vatican Star of David
    Quote Originally Posted by Morges View Post
    Yeah I'm sure that this mtDNA is more common in South Italy more than Eupedia said.
    Yes I agree, my 3 matches on Ftdna 1 is Sicilian, 1 Southern Italian and the other im not sure (she appears to be hispanic, but it could be the father is and the mom is Italian). In terms of Eupedia after my experience i'm done with this site, they are not as credible as it seems they are not up to date with Southern Italians or Southern Europeans in general.

  9. #8
    Registered Users
    Posts
    983
    Sex
    Omitted
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2a1

    There are only two U5a2b5 samples, one in GenBank from Italy, EU597544 from the Human Genome Project, and one from Tuscany from the 1000 Genomes project. If you tested at FTDNA you can join the U5 project and I'll compare your results to those two samples. Currently, we don't have any U5a2b5 in the project.

    I have an age estimate for U5a2b of about 10,000 years and it mostly found in central and eastern Europe.

  10. #9
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    1,507
    Sex
    Location
    Canada
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-Y15245>FT360326
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2b5
    Y-DNA (M)
    R-Z36>Y156527

    Italy Italy Sicily Italy Two Sicilies Vatican Star of David
    Quote Originally Posted by GailT View Post
    There are only two U5a2b5 samples, one in GenBank from Italy, EU597544 from the Human Genome Project, and one from Tuscany from the 1000 Genomes project. If you tested at FTDNA you can join the U5 project and I'll compare your results to those two samples. Currently, we don't have any U5a2b5 in the project.

    I have an age estimate for U5a2b of about 10,000 years and it mostly found in central and eastern Europe.
    Thanks Gail, i'll join the project right now.

  11. #10
    Banned
    Posts
    311
    Sex

    Italy
    Quote Originally Posted by GailT View Post
    There are only two U5a2b5 samples, one in GenBank from Italy, EU597544 from the Human Genome Project, and one from Tuscany from the 1000 Genomes project. If you tested at FTDNA you can join the U5 project and I'll compare your results to those two samples. Currently, we don't have any U5a2b5 in the project.

    I have an age estimate for U5a2b of about 10,000 years and it mostly found in central and eastern Europe.
    EU597544 is HGDP01147 from Human Genome Diversity Project, a North Italian from Bergamo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. U5a2b from Brittany, France
    By Ralex004 in forum U
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-16-2019, 04:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •