mtDNA
    U5a1a2a

United States of America United Kingdom Germany Ireland Scotland Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomenable View Post
    DNA of ancient Greek settler from Empuries colony, similarity map:

https://gen3553.pagesperso-orange.fr/ADN/similitude.htm

https://umap.openstreetmap.fr/en/map...42.1370/3.1761

Gallic slave (probably, could also be a trader etc.) from Empuries:

This Gaul has high "French" and "North Atlantic" in Eurogenes K36.

Y-DNA haplogroup of I8206 (Gaul in Empuries) was R1b-U152>L2.

=====

I8215 Empuries Greek settler - kit number FM5677291

I8206 South Gaul R1b-U152 - kit number LR7149284

That Gaul was very "northern", which gives support to my hypothesis that modern Central French people have Roman/Italian admixture.
    Is sample I3324 on Gedmatch? This sample was the one from Puig de Sant Andreu and was speculated to be a war trophy. He was listed as DF27>Z195 by R. Rocca.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Celtiberian
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27

Castile and León Spanish Empire (1506-1701)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruderico View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Razib_Khan
    There's no fanaticism here, your word choice is kind of puzzing and doesn't make me feel happy, to be fairly honest. I may be one of the least "fanatical" members on this forum.

This conversation is going in circles and leading nowhere, if you want to focus on unpiarental markers, more power to you.

Most of my yDNA matches are Spanish-speaking, the surnames are overwhelmingly more common in that general area, and my oldest known paternal ancestor lived just on the border with Galicia. It seems the most plausible area, but E-Y134097 itself is nearly 7000 years old, so our common ancestor is much more recent than that. I don't feel any particular connection with people in that general area because of it, it's too far back for me to care and we have no living memory of it. That said, Asturias is my favourite place in the peninsula.
    Of course you do not give the impression of being a fanatic, and also if Asturias is your favorite place it does not surprise me because it is spectacular. Simply you prefer the autosomal DNA and I give more value to uniparental markers. That's why you consider I2806 a Gaul, and I consider him an Iberian and in any case a Thracian. That's all

Regarding Razib Khan I do not share his opinion either, I will try to read something of what he has written, but I get the impression that it has nothing to do with me or with my way of thinking.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Celtiberian
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27

Quote Originally Posted by Webb View Post
    Is sample I3324 on Gedmatch? This sample was the one from Puig de Sant Andreu and was speculated to be a war trophy. He was listed as DF27>Z195 by R. Rocca.
    The violence seen in the village (Puig de Sant Andreu, Ullastret, indigenous name Indika, hence the name of Indiketes) may be related to the Roman conquest. Scipio arrived in Hispania in 218 BC, and the dating of the skeletons is 225 BC, then it is possible that the Romans were related to the traces of violence presented by the bones and that what you are seeing are brave indiketes fighting for their survival . In the year 195 they revolted and were crushed by the proconsul of Hispania Citerior Marcus Porcius Cato. This man was famous for his extreme hardness and no wonder that the indiketes rebels were executed and their heads exposed to the public.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hilerno For This Useful Post:

palamede (07-02-2019)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    100% European
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    DF27>CTS4065>FG23196
    mtDNA
    U5a1a2a

United States of America United Kingdom Germany Ireland Scotland Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilerno View Post
    The violence seen in the village (Puig de Sant Andreu, Ullastret, indigenous name Indika, hence the name of Indiketes) may be related to the Roman conquest. Scipio arrived in Hispania in 218 BC, and the dating of the skeletons is 225 BC, then it is possible that the Romans were related to the traces of violence presented by the bones and that what you are seeing are brave indiketes fighting for their survival . In the year 195 they revolted and were crushed by the proconsul of Hispania Citerior Marcus Porcius Cato. This man was famous for his extreme hardness and no wonder that the indiketes rebels were executed and their heads exposed to the public.
    "The Iberian culture practiced the funerary ritual of body cremation, which resulted in a very small number of human remains for study. In this sense, the site of Ullastret is unique because excavations have identified remains from more than 40 individuals, mostly mandibles, skulls and isolated teeth. In most of the cases, these remains present evidence of violence and could correspond to the heads of enemies beheaded in combat that were exhibited as war trophies in public spaces. This ritual is archaeologically documented in the northeast corner of Iberia and in southern Gaul where archaeological evidence, iconography and classic sources are available."

From: "The genomic history of the Iberian Peninsula over the past 8000 years"

So the authors are speculating that the samples recovered from this sight were not Indika, but trophies of war.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Celtiberian
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27

War trophies of whom? if so, I suppose that they will be executions of the Romans exposed to the public as a warning.

If those remains are not Indiketes, they could be from other Iberian peoples (who were also Df27), but it does not make much sense because the Iberians were not at war with each other but against the Romans. The ilergetes for example supported the Carthaginians and were defeated, and when years later they rebelled they were defeated together with the Indiketes and the Ilerkavones-I do not know what your point is, nor what is it that they intend to say in the Olalde paper.

Regarding the Iberians, we know that the Indiketes (Puig de Sant Andreu, Emporion) were Df27-Z195 and U152 (the case you have indicated I3324), the Layetanos (Turó de Can Oliver) were also Df27-Z195 (I3496), the Ilerkavones-Ilergetes (Els Estrets, Castellón), were Df27-Z225 (I3320)- To the north of the Pyrenees, in Occitania, they also spoke Iberian, so we must assume that they were also Df27

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Omitted
    Ethnicity
    Germanic/French
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    R1a>L664>YP943
    mtDNA
    H4a1

United States of America Canada Denmark Switzerland England France
    I'm trying to get a good comparison with a Swedish medieval sample...Problem is there are two Gedmatch kits associated with it...FD4475001 and T037020, associated with Sigtuna_Vik_grt_036, with divergent results. Anyone know the story on this?

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by RVBLAKE View Post
    I'm trying to get a good comparison with a Swedish medieval sample...Problem is there are two Gedmatch kits associated with it...FD4475001 and T037020, associated with Sigtuna_Vik_grt_036, with divergent results. Anyone know the story on this?
    T037020 is not associated to an ancient genome.

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Omitted
    Ethnicity
    Germanic/French
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    R1a>L664>YP943
    mtDNA
    H4a1

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeje Brazorf View Post
    Thank you so much.

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Omitted
    Ethnicity
    Germanic/French
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    R1a>L664>YP943
    mtDNA
    H4a1

Have you any knowledge of the Orcadian samples Z624158 and Z056487?

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Omitted
    Ethnicity
    Germanic/French
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    R1a>L664>YP943
    mtDNA
    H4a1

Have you any knowledge of the Orcadian samples Z624158 and Z056487?

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647