Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More info about M1a?

Ethnicity
    Nyiginya Clan
    Y-DNA
    E-M293

Rwanda
    Quote Originally Posted by NetNomad View Post
    M1 did not originate in the Horn. It most likely is an early back-to-Africa lineage that re-entered Africa via the Sinai.

But I guess you mean Tutsis got it via Horn, but even that is a dubious claim as studies show that the South Cushites descend from a North Sudanese population and migrated through Ethiopia rather quickly and did not have a long history there.
    I agree with you that the south cushites didnt spend much time in Ethiopia, but I think their ancestors were also in Eritrea. There is 1 guy (likely from Eritrea) who claimed to have number of eritreans relatives with E-M293 who tested on 23andme.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfa For This Useful Post:

NetNomad (06-11-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa View Post
    I agree with you that the south cushites didnt spend much time in Ethiopia, but I think their ancestors were also in Eritrea. There is 1 guy (likely from Eritrea) who claimed to have number of eritreans relatives with E-M293 who tested on 23andme.
    According to Trombetta et al:

''We observed the highest frequency and diversity of this haplogroup in the northern part of the Horn of Africa (present day Eritrea and northern Ethiopia), where the majority of the deepest E-V1515 subhaplogroups and paragroups were found. In the southern part of the Horn (southern Ethiopia, Somalia and northern Kenya), haplogroup E-V1515 is almost exclusively represented by the recent (3.5 ka; 95% CI: 1.7–5.9 ka) subhaplogroup E-V1486. Further south, in southern Kenya and southern Africa, a single E-V1486 terminal clade, known as E-M293 (Henn et al. 2008), was found (fig. 3). This phylogeographic pattern is strongly suggestive of human movements from the northern part of the Horn to the Ethiopian/Kenyan borders between 12 ka (the coalescence of E-V1515) and 3.5 ka (the coalescence of E-V1486), and from here toward southern Africa across the equatorial belt in more recent times.[2]''

Which is also in agreement with the hypothesized more northerly ENP population (p. 13) in this study:

https://reich.hms.harvard.edu/sites/...lNeolithic.pdf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12