Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    R1a - YP4141
    mtDNA
    R2c

Quote Originally Posted by MfA View Post
    You can send then an email and ask.

My filetype is still missing, what can I do?
    We are always interested in adding more data. If your company is missing up to now it is, because we did not have an example-file to optimize our parser on it. But if you contact us at parsing@opensnp.org and send us your file we can fix this, so that all customers of the DTC company of your choice can participate.

You can also try to submit your file directly to the genbank: http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/submission.htm
    thank you
    i submit it directly to Genbank
    whats the benefit from that ??

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Nationality
    Norwegian
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Y30355
    mtDNA
    U5b1b1(T16192C)

Norway Russia Tatarstan Arms Germany Imperial Romani Faroe Islands England
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazqamah View Post
    thank you
    i submit it directly to Genbank
    whats the benefit from that ??
    I did it directly myself a few years ago, the only benefit I have found so far is that I am now included when the samples are categorize, such as by Ian Logan on his page etc (Makes it easy to follow any new developments concerning my mtDNA branch).. I am not yet included in the http://www.phylotree.org/ but maybe I will be in the future as they get more samples?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to evon For This Useful Post:

Smilelover (12-05-2016)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    R1a - YP4141
    mtDNA
    R2c

I found this article

Author(s): Al‐Abri, A., Podgorná, E., Rose, J.I., Pereira, L., Mulligan, C.J., Silva, N.M., Bayoumi, R., Soares, P. and Černý, V.
    Journal: American Journal of Physical Anthropology
    Issue/Volume: 149(2)
    Page(s): 291-298
    Year: 2012

Abstract:

It is now known that several population movements have taken place at different times throughout southern Arabian prehistory. One of the principal questions under debate is if the Early Holocene peopling of southern Arabia was mainly due to input from the Levant during the Pre-Pottery Neolithic B, to the expansion of an autochthonous population, or some combination of these demographic processes. Since previous genetic studies have not been able to include all parts of southern Arabia, we have helped fill this lacuna by collecting new population datasets from Oman (Dhofar) and Yemen (Al-Mahra and Bab el-Mandab). We identified several new haplotypes belonging to haplogroup R2 and generated its whole genome mtDNA tree with age estimates undertaken by different methods. R2, together with other considerably frequent southern Arabian mtDNA haplogroups (R0a, HV1, summing up more than 20% of the South Arabian gene pool) were used to infer the past effective population size through Bayesian skyline plots. These data indicate that the southern Arabian population underwent a large expansion already some 12 ka. A founder analysis of these haplogroups shows that this expansion is largely attributed to demographic input from the Near East. These results support thus the spread of a population coming from the north, but at a significantly earlier date than presently considered by archaeologists. Our data suggest that some of the mtDNA lineages found in southern Arabia have persisted in the region since the end of the Last Ice Age.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smilelover For This Useful Post:

Akra20m (12-30-2016),  palamede (01-16-2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12