Italian
    Y-DNA
    R-U106+, L47+, L44+
    mtDNA
    J2b1

Italy

I am L47+ L44+

Hi everybody,
    my name is Paolo Sirtoli, from northern Italy.
    I received today the results from FtDNA about subclades of my already known L47 haplogroup: it's positive for L44.
    My paternal genealogical history reaches up to late 1500, all my ancestors lived around Bergamo, near Milan.
    My autosomal mixture, according to NG Geno 2+, is 80% southern european, 11% scandinavian and 9% anatolic. Would you agree that is highly suggestive of a Lombard origin during post-roman empire invasions?
    Last edited by Sirto; 10-03-2016 at 02:26 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sirto For This Useful Post:

Bollox79 (02-15-2019),  Wing Genealogist (06-15-2017)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    mostly Italian
    Nationality
    Uruguayan
    Y-DNA
    R1B U106 L44
    mtDNA
    A2

Uruguay Italy
    Hello Sirto
    My name is Juan Bergamin, and I am from Montevideo (Uruguay). My grandfather was from San Martino di Lupari (Padova). According to FTDNA, my Y-haplogroup is also R1B-U106 L47 + L44 +, and according to my information, the Bergamin family was established in S.M. Di Lupari in the 15th century, coming from Bergamo. I think that although your autosomal Scandinavian DNA may be of Lombard origin, the safest is the origin of Y-DNA. As it seems, Bergamo was a true Lombard fortress ...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to italouruguayan For This Useful Post:

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    German
    Nationality
    Galactic Empire
    Y-DNA
    R-Z324, Z5055, L188+
    mtDNA
    H5

Both of you should join the R-U106 project at https://www.familytreedna.com/groups...out/background . Your results are geographically different than others at the L44 level so we would want to figure out more about where you fit in under L44.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cofgene For This Useful Post:

Sex
    Ethnicity
    mostly Italian
    Nationality
    Uruguayan
    Y-DNA
    R1B U106 L44
    mtDNA
    A2

Uruguay Italy
    Thanks Cofgene
    I joined the R-U106 project, and I'm waiting for the results of the Y-DNA 67 pack for July. I hope the results serve the project and to clarify the origins of my male line.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to italouruguayan For This Useful Post:

Bollox79 (02-15-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex

Italy
    Quote Originally Posted by italouruguayan View Post
    Hello Sirto
    My name is Juan Bergamin, and I am from Montevideo (Uruguay). My grandfather was from San Martino di Lupari (Padova). According to FTDNA, my Y-haplogroup is also R1B-U106 L47 + L44 +, and according to my information, the Bergamin family was established in S.M. Di Lupari in the 15th century, coming from Bergamo. I think that although your autosomal Scandinavian DNA may be of Lombard origin, the safest is the origin of Y-DNA. As it seems, Bergamo was a true Lombard fortress ...
    I think U-106 in Italy exists at least since Roman times.

Sex
    Ethnicity
    mostly Italian
    Nationality
    Uruguayan
    Y-DNA
    R1B U106 L44
    mtDNA
    A2

Uruguay Italy
    Hello Larth. I think it is possible that in times of the Roman Empire there were soldiers or slaves of Germanic origin living in Italian territory. But according to several sources, R-U106 would have arrived after the fall of the western empire, with the Ostrogoths, the Vandals and especially the Lombards .

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Nationality
    Italian
    Y-DNA
    R-U106+, L47+, L44+
    mtDNA
    J2b1

Italy
    italouruguayan
    Hello Juan, nice to meet you!
    Your story is very interesting and common to many families migrated from northern Italy to the southern America.
    A branch of my family established in Estado do Espirido Santo, in southern Brazil.
    Still today, they collect once a year for the Sirtoli's family party.
    Concerning our origins, I hope that in the future more and more people will take a deep Y-test, to clarify the L44 branching that could have occurred about 3000 years ago, according to some sources.

Cofgene
    I am already member of the R-U106 group, what could I do to help further research on L44 subclade?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sirto For This Useful Post:

italouruguayan (06-21-2017)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    White, Caucasian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    R1b1a2 (U106/L44)
    mtDNA
    U5a2b

United States of America United Kingdom Czech Republic Germany Ireland England
    Hello, I too am Haplogroup R-L44. I am positive for L47, L44, and FGC6183... but negative for L163. My paternal ancestry dates to England though, with the first Colegrove arriving in America circa 1683. How many L44's (that are not L163's) are out there and where do they originate from? I believe there was one on FTDNA from Belgium or Luxembourg, and two others from England, and now one from N. Italy. I have joined the U106 FTDNA group already.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CLColegrove For This Useful Post:

italouruguayan (02-20-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Great Migration Colonists
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    R1b-U106 (S10415)
    mtDNA
    J1c2g (FMS)

United States Gadsden England Scotland Ireland Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by CLColegrove View Post
    Hello, I too am Haplogroup R-L44. I am positive for L47, L44, and FGC6183... but negative for L163. My paternal ancestry dates to England though, with the first Colegrove arriving in America circa 1683. How many L44's (that are not L163's) are out there and where do they originate from? I believe there was one on FTDNA from Belgium or Luxembourg, and two others from England, and now one from N. Italy. I have joined the U106 FTDNA group already.
    If you go to FTDNA's fairly new Haplotree: https://www.familytreedna.com/public...e/R;name=R-L44 You can see the countries of origin for all of their testers (who listed the countries of origin with their kits)

Unfortunately, you cannot really tell from this tree which ones are actually L163- from those who have not (yet) tested for L163, but it is a place to start.
    Last edited by Wing Genealogist; 02-14-2019 at 08:27 PM.
    Gedmatch DNA: M032736 Gedcom: 6613110.
    Gedmatch Genesis: WH4547538
    co-administrator: Y-DNA R-U106 Haplogroup Project

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wing Genealogist For This Useful Post:

Bollox79 (02-15-2019),  italouruguayan (02-20-2019),  palamede (02-19-2019)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    mostly Italian
    Nationality
    Uruguayan
    Y-DNA
    R1B U106 L44
    mtDNA
    A2

Uruguay Italy
    My FTDNA : 179948 My YFull : YF14430

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast